Disgusting incident Thursday

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pacemaker

Golden Member
Jul 13, 2001
Unions anymore have lost touch. The unions complain about not being paid enough, when many Americans would love a job paying 15-20 dollars an hour with good benefits that requires almost no education. They tell people NOT to buy things from the company they work for because they are "crooks" which only makes the company do worse (making them have to pay the workers less).

They need to accept that, for the most part, union jobs can be learned by almost any able bodied person in very little time. They should be glad they are making what they are making. People go to school for 4 years and don't start out at 15-20 bucks an hour, yet if you are lucky and get in a union you can get that with just a high school education. They should be glad, not bitter.

SarcasticDwarf

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Pacemaker
Unions anymore have lost touch. The unions complain about not being paid enough, when many Americans would love a job paying 15-20 dollars an hour with good benefits that requires almost no education. They tell people NOT to buy things from the company they work for because they are "crooks" which only makes the company do worse (making them have to pay the workers less).

They need to accept that, for the most part, union jobs can be learned by almost any able bodied person in very little time. They should be glad they are making what they are making. People go to school for 4 years and don't start out at 15-20 bucks an hour, yet if you are lucky and get in a union you can get that with just a high school education. They should be glad, not bitter.

QFT

akshatp

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Originally posted by: Zysoclaplem
Originally posted by: Fike
That is disgusting behavior.

on another note, to suggest that spitting on a person is condoned or encouraged by unions is foolish. Spitting is clearly not in the mold of civil disobedience.

Nothing will be done about it.
It happens everyday. Nothing is done about it. I overheard a lady talking about how a guy spit on her car, but it wasnt just spit. It was mixed with skoal or some tobacco product.
She filled out a form, and he is still out there.

If it happens everyday and you knew about it, why would your sunroof be open? You should have have the common sense to have all windows/sunroof closed and doors locked when you go through.

I mean yeah, it sucks and is disgusting, but you could have totallty avoided the situation.

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
Im telling you man, go find and take the waiters job asap. It will get really ugly. And whats bad is the guy that spit on you is like the trolls here that starts it and then the mob jumps in and finishes it. You may of been there when they were working there but they dont see it that way any more. Just you as a non union man, doing what used to be a union workers job, and crossing the line. I may get really nasty and as you see you have absolutly no recorse. If they do more then spit and pull you from the car and beat the sh!t out of you I can tell you now that all of them will say they didnt see anything and you just tripped.

Dont say I didnt warn you. They know they got away with spitting and they are testing the waters with you and what they can do and get away with, it will get worse ;)

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
Take the airsoft gun out of the glove compartment and shoot them in the face.

BlancoNino

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2005
Spitting on somebody is considered assault? Wow...we've all become little school girls.

Don't get me wrong, those union thugs are pieces of sh!t!!!

chambersc

Diamond Member
Feb 11, 2005
Originally posted by: BlancoNino
Spitting on somebody is considered assault? Wow...we've all become little school girls.

How is it not assault? What would you call it, legally?

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
Originally posted by: chambersc
Originally posted by: BlancoNino

How is it not assault? What would you call it, legally?

spitting is what I'd call it.

yowolabi

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2001
Originally posted by: chambersc
Originally posted by: vi_edit
Ah yes, the e-thugs come out.

There are 7 guys and just one of him. What is he going to do? Say something? Do something? Then what? He just has 7 guys spitting at him (or worse).

And seriously, police have much better things to do with their time than fill out a report for a "spitting incident".

It's gross. It sucks. But the best thing you can do is to simply is sue 'em and get some money out of this. They want attention and not giving it to them is your best option.
Fixed.

How much money are you getting from people without jobs and who aren't even looking for another one, but instead are standing at their old job and spitting at people?

Zysoclaplem

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2003
Originally posted by: akshatp

on another note, to suggest that spitting on a person is condoned or encouraged by unions is foolish. Spitting is clearly not in the mold of civil disobedience.

It happens everyday. Nothing is done about it. I overheard a lady talking about how a guy spit on her car, but it wasnt just spit. It was mixed with skoal or some tobacco product.

If it happens everyday and you knew about it, why would your sunroof be open? You should have have the common sense to have all windows/sunroof closed and doors locked when you go through.

I mean yeah, it sucks and is disgusting, but you could have totallty avoided the situation.

My car would have been spit on regardless.
It shouldn't be tolerated.
I filled my report out, and I will watch the same guy walk the picket line until they day they quit picketing. And God only knows what they will do then.

Aug 25, 2004
You should have stuck your head out the window and said "Funny, your wife does the same thing in bed." They'd surely beat the crap out of you, but at least you'd go down laughing.

akshatp

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Originally posted by: akshatp

My car would have been spit on regardless.
It shouldn't be tolerated.
I filled my report out, and I will watch the same guy walk the picket line until they day they quit picketing. And God only knows what they will do then.

I understand. But at least you wouldnt have gotten spit on if your roof was closed. Your car can easily be washed of spit/doodoo/etc. Being spat on by somebody is far more disgusting and personal.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Unions, hey, if they want to picket and strike, that's fine. But it's kind of like Muslim extremists protesting depictions of their religion being violent by starting fires and violent riots - once the picketers start acting like arrogant pricks, their credibility vanishes.

"We want jobs, we deserve money, we're good people. You don't believe us and support us? Then you don't deserve our respect, you scum."
Mhmm, right.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
All of you tough guy, would be lawyers urging the OP to sue ought to wake up, join the real world, and learn a thing or two about our present day criminal justice system.

IF you could convince a local cop not to outright laugh at you and actually write this up, you still would have one hard time getting anywhere. Our courts are clogged and it's basically triage out there, anyone not notice this?

Did you know you can reliably ignore a subpoena and in 99.99% of the cases, NOT ONE THING WILL EVER HAPPEN TO YOU? I spent 14 years as a PI, I know what I'm talking about here.

Successfully sue for being spit on? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

huberm

Golden Member
Dec 17, 2004
i wish i lived someplace warm enough to put my sunroof down in november :(

without the spit, of course

bctbct

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2005
Thats pretty disgusting. Too bad you dont belong to a Union, they could probably have gotten this resolved for you.