DirectTV contract.... oh how I hate thee

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

surfsatwerk

Lifer
Mar 6, 2008
Originally posted by: ar111

Note to self: Okay, am I going to stop coming back to this forum or not???

option 3: stick around and get banned for being a spambot troll.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Modelworks
Originally posted by: JS80
I hope you guys only have DTV solely because of the football package or you live in the middle of nowhere. That is the only thing I can think of that makes it even remotely worth getting.

The HD channels are far better , even the SD channels are better than the cable system here. And it is cheaper.

Directv
All channels + NFL + HD DVR for $60 a month for 5 months, then $109 a month, no install or down payment needed if your credit is good.

Dish
All channels + HD DVR for $78 a month for 12 months, then $103 a month, no install or down payment needed if your credit is good.

Cable here is $109 a month for all channels + DVR and doesn't have the same channels.

Ouch for cable where you live. I was paying $100/month for HD-DVR, all channels except for movie channels, plus 15Mbps/1Mbps internet. I could have added HBO and Showtime for $20/month if necessary.

The only reason I decided to go with DTV was for the NFL package. It's a good deal for the 5 months, but when the promo is over, I will be dropping down to the most basic HD package.

Yreka

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2005
Originally posted by: surfsatwerk
Originally posted by: ar111

Note to self: Okay, am I going to stop coming back to this forum or not???

option 3: stick around and get banned for being a spambot troll.

+ reposting the link the mods already took down twice, yeah I'm thinking option 3 is the safe bet.