Direct deposit paycheck into someone else's account?

LuckyTaxi

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Anyone know if you can direct deposit your paychecks into a checking account that is NOT in your name? I'm going through some things right now and I've been told to close my accounts for now.

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000
I believe you can, but why not just get checks instead until your situation resolves?

LuckyTaxi

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Originally posted by: pulse8
I believe you can, but why not just get checks instead until your situation resolves?

I did that with my recent paychecks, but waiting for it to clear and then I don't have my own ATM card is a pain in the butt. I'm going to have the person open a new account with another bank so I can get used of the ATM.

ThaGrandCow

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
Talk to your employer, it's not a problem at all. Sometimes you have to sign a waiver saying "yes, I really do want them going to this other persons account."

Oct 9, 1999
If you lost your checking acct due to too many over drafts.. US bank and Wells Fargo does give you a second chance checking however you got to finish an 8 hr class thru Consumer Credit Counselling.. there are number of tehse around teh US, www.cccsla.org is the losangeles one but you can call them for other locations.. they are now called 'by design financial solutions'

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
You do understand that if your name is not on the account, you can't do squat if the person keeps all your money, right?