Direct deposit paycheck into someone else's account?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by LuckyTaxi, Aug 6, 2006.

1. LuckyTaxi

LuckyTaxi Diamond Member

Anyone know if you can direct deposit your paychecks into a checking account that is NOT in your name? I'm going through some things right now and I've been told to close my accounts for now.

2. imported_LoKe

Certainly. I had my checks direct deposited into my parents account. Different last name, even.

3. pulse8

pulse8 Lifer

I believe you can, but why not just get checks instead until your situation resolves?

4. LuckyTaxi

LuckyTaxi Diamond Member

I did that with my recent paychecks, but waiting for it to clear and then I don't have my own ATM card is a pain in the butt. I'm going to have the person open a new account with another bank so I can get used of the ATM.

5. ThaGrandCow

ThaGrandCow Diamond Member

Talk to your employer, it's not a problem at all. Sometimes you have to sign a waiver saying "yes, I really do want them going to this other persons account."

6. imported_Baloo

imported_Baloo Golden Member

Sure. When you are ready, just let me know and I will give the info so you can dd into my account.

7. The Stigenator

If you lost your checking acct due to too many over drafts.. US bank and Wells Fargo does give you a second chance checking however you got to finish an 8 hr class thru Consumer Credit Counselling.. there are number of tehse around teh US, www.cccsla.org is the losangeles one but you can call them for other locations.. they are now called 'by design financial solutions'

8. kranky

kranky Elite Member

You do understand that if your name is not on the account, you can't do squat if the person keeps all your money, right?