Did your kid get the vax?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Did your 12-16yo kid get the vax?

• Yes

• No / Never

• They will, just waiting for long term results

Results are only viewable after voting.

Annisman*

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2010
The new variant appears to be several times more contagious, meaning more kids will get infected, and we'll see more kids with bad reactions as a result. Generally microorganisms that can spread quickly will mutate faster, so this won't be the last major variant we'll see.

I'm willing to bet hundreds of millions of children have already had the virus and we RARELY hear of kids struggling to defeat it. I'm sorry but it sounds a lot like scare tactics and it's suspicious as hell. Whenever I see somebody flailing their arms about "protecting the children" when it comes to coronavirus I see somebody out of touch with the reality of the situation and they're either being ignorant or dishonest.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I'm willing to bet hundreds of millions of children have already had the virus and we RARELY hear of kids struggling to defeat it. I'm sorry but it sounds a lot like scare tactics and it's suspicious as hell. Whenever I see somebody flailing their arms about "protecting the children" when it comes to coronavirus I see somebody out of touch with the reality of the situation and they're either being ignorant or dishonest.
You have absolutely no evidence that hundreds of millions of children had the virus.
None.
Not even a smidge.
And a smidge really isnt much at all.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003

Wanting a deadly pandemic that's already killed 600k Americans to stop is suspicious?

Sounds like a piss poor cop out to me.

The willingness to opt for feels and conjecture instead of science, acting either dishonest or ignorant over the additional risk posed by Delta, then projecting that at the other side -- I'm willing to bet you're a fan of Fox and talk radio. The denialism paired with accusing others of being out of touch with reality too, classic stuff really.

PowerEngineer

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2001

Well, at least some of those arm flailing people are the same medical doctors who recommend the other vaccines that you say your children have already had. I cannot see what sense it makes to trust their advice on vaccines for the measles, chicken pox, and meningococcal disease, but then be suspicious as hell of their recommendation on the COVID vaccine.

FWIW, few parents had any qualms about getting the polio vaccine when it first became available; but that was long ago when people generally trusted those who were experts in their fields. It is a sign of our times that distrust has become the first response for so many people. Bear in mind that the person you see as out of touch with reality is looking back at you thinking the same thing, and only one of you can be right.

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
Gotta say, hitting that 80% vaccinated mark make me feel pretty good about moving to VT.

Welcome to VT! I've had mixed feeling about this area as an adult, but the integrity of the people living here has reminded me the area has some intangibles that I thought were common but really weren't.

Reactions: Captante

nisryus

Sep 11, 2007
*back to topic.

My kid got his second shot on Thursday. Nothing major had happened and he only complained on a sore arm for two days.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I appreciate you concern, thankfully my kids are all about 60 years away from likey ever needing to worry about CoViD. In the meantime as their parent I will do my best to help them maintain a healthy lifestyle and a kick ass immune system.

this is simply, blatantly, untrue. I'm guessing you think this because you are both illiterate and incurious about the world around you?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I don't watch the news, I don't listen to talk radio, I'm sure Alex Jones is a moron. my kids are a vaccinated for everything else. They're not getting this one. Just so you know where I'm coming from.

right, like I said: illiterate and incurious. Perfecting the proud, uninformed moron.

Feb 4, 2009
right, like I said: illiterate and incurious. Perfecting the proud, uninformed moron.

What I do not get with statements like this and some friends and friends of friends never answered.
How many doses need to be given for it to be deemed safe in your mind?
Why are you applying an arbitrary safety goal on Covid vaccination and not other things, do you ask for peer studies about an antibiotic, ask what complications arose for what percentage of the users?”

super strange imo to hold moderna or whomever to an ultra high safety record and not do it at all for other medicines or food or soaps/cleaners or well just about anything.

Last year we all asked for a fast return to normal, we all asked for a vaccine to be developed fast. WE GOT WHAT WE ASKED FOR. Why fuck it up now.

GrumpyMan

Diamond Member
May 14, 2001
Didn't polio start making a comeback in Pakistan and Afghanistan because the antivaxxers on social media spread the rumor that the vaccine was bad for kids in 2019 or something along those lines? Turned out to be a political move there I believe. My kid got her second dose today and other than a third horn on her head, which I'm sure I will get used to, she is fine.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Didn't polio start making a comeback in Pakistan and Afghanistan because the antivaxxers on social media spread the rumor that the vaccine was bad for kids in 2019 or something along those lines? Turned out to be a political move there I believe. My kid got her second dose today and other than a third horn on her head, which I'm sure I will get used to, she is fine.
Just make sure to get a foam ball to put on the end of the horn, so she doesn't use it to gore the weaker children. People get touchy about that.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Just make sure to get a foam ball to put on the end of the horn, so she doesn't use it to gore the weaker children. People get touchy about that.

I see a potential investment opportunity in Iron-lung production/service contracts here no?

:eek: ;)

Reactions: GrumpyMan

Annisman*

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2010
this is simply, blatantly, untrue. I'm guessing you think this because you are both illiterate and incurious about the world around you?

I think this because the data tells me the average age of covid death is, hold on wait for it, right next to average life expectancy. This isn't difficult.

Annisman*

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2010
...but it's on a par truthwise with his statement that being healthy, taking vitamin D and avoiding sugar is better protection against covid than vaccines. :rolleyes:

It's protection without the risk of long (and short) term side effects from a rushed, experimental vaccine. It will help against a multitude of sickness and chronic conditions instead of defending against a single virus. Hilariously, it may not even protect against the new strains, so the one thing it was made for it is possibly already failing at.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
There's no protection from vitamin D, being "healthy" or avoiding sugar. The last one is particularly lulzworthy.

To be fair I would be fine with saying that folks who do these these things regularly are likely to be overall healthier then those who don't regardless of whether they get vaccinated or not. (they ARE good for you)

However continuing to argue nonsense with "Mr Obvious-Troll/Annisman*" is counterproductive at best .... all is does is give that clown more air-time.

Lets just call his behavior for what it is... natural selection at work! (I do feel sorry for his kids though)

Reactions: uclaLabrat

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
There's no protection from vitamin D, being "healthy" or avoiding sugar. The last one is particularly lulzworthy.
Well, see, you've just got to combine it with an apple cider vinegar and cayenne pepper cleanse, that will flush all the toxins out.

/s

• Haha

rasczak

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
I don't know about kids (because they are incredibly not at risk), but we certainly know that for us adults what we eat is incredibly important in regards to covid. All one has to do is look at the obesity % of hospitalized CoViD patients. The good news is metabolic damage can begin to be reversed in just weeks with the proper inflammation eliminating diet: low sugar aka one the government will never recommend for you.

Where are you getting your data that children are "incredibly not at risk"? They get sick just like the adults, plus they are the vector that makes adults vulnerable, who are more susceptible to the COVID with worse symptoms.

Please help everyone else by vaccinating your children when the vaccine is available. Otherwise, keep them home for everyone's sake.