Did the Democrats just pass the largest tax cut ever for the middle class?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
I NEVER said that I wanted government to force it though, Read my thread. I said it SHOULD be that way.

Lots of things should be this way or that way. For example, you should pay more attention to grammar and punctuation and be less of a dumbass.

Maybe once you do those things some other things will change in the direction you want them to change.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
so the democrats think independently?

LOL. hardly. many more of them fell in line for Obama then republicans followed Boehner.
It just seems that way because you don't know what you are talking about. Getting Democrats to all vote the same way is like herding cats. Meanwhile, the GOP votes lockstep like good pawns should.

Apr 27, 2012
It just seems that way because you don't know what you are talking about. Getting Democrats to all vote the same way is like herding cats. Meanwhile, the GOP votes lockstep like good pawns should.

The democrats will pretty much support obama

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
The mental hurdles liberals have to go through to bash one guy for doing something they praise another person.

What don't you understand about the economy not being able to handle middle class tax increases? Taxes on income over $450K won't hurt the economy because those millionaires aren't going out and spending that money to begin with.

Or do you believe the Bush tax cuts before 2008 were necessary to keep the economy afloat?

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
What don't you understand about the economy not being able to handle middle class tax increases? Taxes on income over $450K won't hurt the economy because those millionaires aren't going out and spending that money to begin with.

Or do you believe the Bush tax cuts before 2008 were necessary to keep the economy afloat?

more liberal math 450k = millionaire.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Seeing the liberals all over the Internet being shocked at how much less their paychecks today are...PRICELESS! They're freaking out, obviously haven't been paying attention.

But, but, but Obama was supposed to lower taxes for me and stick it to those evil rich guys!

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Seeing the liberals all over the Internet being shocked at how much less their paychecks today are...PRICELESS! They're freaking out, obviously haven't been paying attention.

But, but, but Obama was supposed to lower taxes for me and stick it to those evil rich guys!
There are plenty of idiots on both sides of the aisle, sunshine. There are many more on your side so you laughing about the ones you find on mine is nothing short of adorable.

The facts are thus:
The Bush Tax Cuts expired on 1/1/2013. Everyone's taxes went up. The Dems and the least insane Reps passed new tax cuts that don't quite equal what was lost. 151 of your fucking Tea Party retards and other generally insane GOP congressmen voted against new tax cuts. Stick that in your ass and smoke it.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2012

As long as the liberals and obama supporters have their taxes raised massively then everything is good, Maybe they will realize that the pos lied.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
There are plenty of idiots on both sides of the aisle, sunshine. There are many more on your side so you laughing about the ones you find on mine is nothing short of adorable.

The facts are thus:
The Bush Tax Cuts expired on 1/1/2013. Everyone's taxes went up. The Dems and the least insane Reps passed new tax cuts that don't quite equal what was lost. 151 of your fucking Tea Party retards and other generally insane GOP congressmen voted against new tax cuts. Stick that in your ass and smoke it.

LOL!

Your taxes went up much more as a percentage of income than those evil rich guys. This is the obama you wanted, this is what you shall get. Elections have consequences, now suffer the consequences of your stupidity and voting against your own interests. Suffer liberals...SUFFER.

Lash444

Golden Member
Sep 17, 2002
more liberal math 450k = millionaire.

Id say that a pretty good guess.

Why don't you give us YOUR best guess on the amount of people who make 450k a year NOT being a millionaire.

Now quit being an idiot.

Or did your REP brain not quite grasp that you can make 999k and still be a millionaire?

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
LOL!

Your taxes went up much more as a percentage of income than those evil rich guys. This is the obama you wanted, this is what you shall get. Elections have consequences, now suffer the consequences of your stupidity and voting against your own interests. Suffer liberals...SUFFER.

Ummm no they didn't my fed tax didn't go up at all.

The temp social security tax break went away, but I understood this was going to happen when they did it. "Rich" guys are going to be paying more, albeit not that much more since they get most of their money from cap gains.

I wouldn't expect the person who has lost more money on the forums than anyone to understand it though.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
LOL!

Actually, I wanted all tax cuts to expire and stay expired. I am disappointed that any new tax cuts were passed at all, but I am told that the economy would suffer without them. I make plenty of money and there will be no suffering because of the few dollars less that I make each pay period. Considering how much less I make than you makes it that much more pathetic that you worry about a few percentage points in tax rate differences. Just shows what a failure you are at money management.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Id say that a pretty good guess.

Why don't you give us YOUR best guess on the amount of people who make 450k a year NOT being a millionaire.

Now quit being an idiot.

Or did your REP brain not quite grasp that you can make 999k and still be a millionaire?
Not possible for him.

Todd33

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2003
LOL!

So extended those evil bush middle class tax cuts are only just now the biggest middle class tax cut?

What democrats did is raise taxes 2% on every single working american hitting the poor and middle class the most. Can't wait till the typical obama voter gets their first paycheck of the year and sees how much lower it is.

Bu bu 47% of American don't pay taxes, the rethugs have been saying this for years.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012

The temp social security tax break went away, but I understood this was going to happen when they did it. "Rich" guys are going to be paying more, albeit not that much more since they get most of their money from cap gains.

I wouldn't expect the person who has lost more money on the forums than anyone to understand it though.

Actually my company passed a note saying the income tax rate will change come our February checks. According to some calculations my fed withholding went up to 28% and the SSI went up that's all.

Does it affect me yeah because the raise I was promised didn't do shit. I'm making less than before by a few bucks. So I guess it's break even but oh well can't blame the job.

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
Actually my company passed a note saying the income tax rate will change come our February checks. According to some calculations my fed withholding went up to 28% and the SSI went up that's all.

Does it affect me yeah because the raise I was promised didn't do shit. I'm making less than before by a few bucks. So I guess it's break even but oh well can't blame the job.

yeah I suspect you went over 87.85k salary with that raise moving you from %25 bracket to %28. Has nothing to do with the most recent legislation rather the same age old problem of raises putting you into higher tax brackets.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
yeah I suspect you went over 87.85k salary with that raise moving you from %25 bracket to %28. Has nothing to do with the most recent legislation rather the same age old problem of raises putting you into higher tax brackets.
What age old problem?

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
What age old problem?

age old problem of getting a raise that puts you in a higher tax bracket thus lowering your overall compensation. I have turned down raises or asked for alternative compensation perks for this very reason before.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012

Nope my salary went from almost 62k to nearly 64k..I wish I made around 80 or so

Drako

Lifer
Jun 9, 2007
age old problem of getting a raise that puts you in a higher tax bracket thus lowering your overall compensation. I have turned down raises or asked for alternative compensation perks for this very reason before.

Wow, quoted for the LULz factor.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000

As a percentage of income, the middle class got hit the hardest with the 2% tax hike on wages.

The rich guys will have to pay that extra 2%, but only until 110k. So if somebody it making 500k their effective increase in SS is .4%

.4% is much less than 2% as a percentage of income. So then let's throw on the additional income tax hike on that 50k above 450. That's what...4% income tax hike on 50k = 2000.

2000 dollars/500,000 = .4% effective increase.

So evil rich guys taxes went up a whopping .8% of his income.

But for you middle class guys, it went up 2% because you are below the HCE limit meaning ALL of your wages were subject to the SS tax hike. I can't wait until my SS raise, it always happens sometime around May.

As I stated, as a percentage of income the middle class got hit the hardest from Obama's tax increases. Suffer liberals...SUFFER

Last edited: