Did the Democrats just pass the largest tax cut ever for the middle class?

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
no its not a tax cut for the middle class, because Bush never cut middle classes taxes.

That's what the dems have been saying for the past decade or so.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
What taxes actually were cut vs Dec 31, 2012

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
By golly I think they did!

It's a new year; should I give you the benefit of the doubt? Is your post merely an attempt to see if people are really paying attention? Seeing if anyone will realize that no taxes on the middle class have been cut? That in fact you're seeing if people remember, and read the post on ATPN, about the payroll tax cut going away, which means the middle class WILL get a defacto tax hike? Can I dare hope that this is your intent?

Or are you still dear old techs, part of the holy triad of liberal ignorance along with mcowned and ausm?

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
LOL!

So extended those evil bush middle class tax cuts are only just now the biggest middle class tax cut?

What democrats did is raise taxes 2% on every single working american hitting the poor and middle class the most. Can't wait till the typical obama voter gets their first paycheck of the year and sees how much lower it is.

sunzt

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 2003
LOL!

So extended those evil bush middle class tax cuts are only just now the biggest middle class tax cut?

What democrats did is raise taxes 2% on every single working american hitting the poor and middle class the most. Can't wait till the typical obama voter gets their first paycheck of the year and sees how much lower it is.

It'll be the 2nd paycheck, not the 1st.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
What tax cut? My first new year check with a raise about 1.5x higher than when I had started working , is lower than my old pay so much for working my ass off these past few weeks.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Guess what? You voted for higher taxes by voting democratic. You voted to pay higher taxes.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
GROVER NORQUIST: "It&#8217;s technically not a violation of the pledge, but I understand why a lot of Republicans had said, look, even though what&#8217;s happening is the tax cuts disappear and we&#8217;re restoring them for most people, so we&#8217;re not raising taxes. We&#8217;re actually cutting taxes."

Now, you righties are not going to call your exhaulted No Tax Ayatollah a liar are you? :)

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
That 2% tax increase is just an expiration of a temporary tax reduction. Since I do not pay SS tax, due to working in education, I never got a reduction in taxes. Of course I dont pay SS tax anyway.

I was cheated, because I never received a tax cut.

The 2% was SS tax that was temporarily lowed. It was lowered by the Democrats. I guess democrats dont mind hurting Grandma.

Last edited:

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
The Bush tax cuts were a budget busting irresponsible "temporary" experiment in 2001, and the passage of time has only proven them more of a failure. Obama essentially made that failed temporary experiment permanent except for the top 1%. Now the only way to fix the budget mess is (1) raise taxes, which will absolutely never happen or (2) bloodletting on the expenditure side. Plus the half-assed solution reached guarantees continual mini-cliff crisises for the foreseeable future, and the real drag this foolishness puts on a recovering economy.

At best, what just happened was a squandered opportunity-the Democrats gave up their trump card and got essentially nothing for them or the country in return. Excuse me if I don't join in the celebration.

sm625

Diamond Member
May 6, 2011
May as well just cut all taxes and let the federal reserve buy 4 trill a year in bonds instead of 1 trill. No one cares about the damage done by 1 trill so why not make it 4?

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
That 2% tax increase is just an expiration of a temporary tax reduction. Since I do not pay SS tax, due to working in education, I never got a reduction in taxes. Of course I dont pay SS tax anyway.

I was cheated, because I never received a tax cut.

The 2% was SS tax that was temporarily lowed. It was lowered by the Democrats. I guess democrats dont mind hurting Grandma.

You'll get to retire after 30 years, if you want to, with a nice pension and healthcare. All generously provided by the people working to their late 60s / early 70s.