SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
https://nypost.com/2019/07/17/trump-repeats-false-claim-that-ilhan-omar-married-her-brother/

https://stream.org/evidence-overwhelming-ilhan-omar-commit-fraud-marry-brother/

She clearly lied under penalty of perjury about having not seen her ex-husband since 2011. Sounds like she cheated the system, committed fraud to me.

Rep. Ilhan Abdullahi Omar, a citizen of the United States, married her biological brother, Ahmed Nur Said Elmi, a citizen of the United Kingdom, in 2009, presumably as part of an immigration fraud scheme. The couple legally divorced in 2017. In the course of that divorce, Ms. Omar submitted an “Application for an Order for Service by Alternate Means” to the State of Minnesota on August 2, 2017, and claimed, among other things, that she had had no contact with Ahmed Nur Said Elmi after June 2011. She also claimed that she did not know where to find him. The evidence developed by Mr. Steinberg and his colleagues demonstrates with a high degree of certainty that Ms. Omar not only had contact with Mr. Elmi, but actually met up with him in London in 2015, which is supported by photographic evidence. Ms. Omar signed the “Application for an Order for Service by Alternate Means” under penalty of perjury. The very document that Ilhan Omar signed on August 2, 2017, bears the following notation directly above her signature: “I declare under penalty of perjury that everything I have stated in this document is true and correct. Minn. Stat. § 358.116.”

Reactions: Zstream

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
I saw this story a couple of weeks ago and was waiting for someone like Comrade Slow to get fed this bullshit story to spread. Unfortunately, this fake story is already well past its expiration date and thus Comrade Slow will not get an extra portion of vodka at dinner tonight.

a racist quisling says what?

Comrade Slow is what happens when someone grows up and discovers that the closest they will ever get to a woman's vagina was the day they were born.

Reactions: Meghan54

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I saw this story a couple of weeks ago and was waiting for someone like Comrade Slow to get fed this bullshit story to spread. Unfortunately, this fake story is already well past its expiration date and thus Comrade Slow will not get an extra portion of vodka at dinner tonight.

Comrade Slow is what happens when someone grows up and discovers that the closest they will ever get to a woman's vagina was the day they were born.

This is a fake story? Everything I see makes it seem to be gathering steam. Looks like she may not be a citizen at all...? If this has been debunked it is news to me.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
There is zero evidence this is the case and the whole conspiracy theory doesn’t even make logical sense.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ilhan-omar-marry-brother/

We found no public records or credible sources contradicting Omar’s account of her past, nor any substantive evidence corroborating claims that Elmi is her brother or that their marriage was otherwise fraudulent. In addition, some of the claims offered in support of the rumor don’t seem to add up.

Given that Omar and her siblings all came to live in the U.S. under identical circumstances as refugees, and that Omar herself became a naturalized U.S. citizen while still a minor, how did one of her siblings end up with such a radically different immigration status that she would have needed to marry him in order to facilitate his U.S. residency application?

Also, if Ahmed Elmi were truly Omar’s brother, why would he have needed to take the drastic step of marrying her in order to secure a path to U.S. citizenship? U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) policies qualify immigrants as eligible to apply for permanent residency status (and later become naturalized citizens) if they are the “spouse of a U.S. citizen” or the “brother or sister of a U.S. citizen.” Why would Omar commit a federal crime and risk a prison sentence (and possibly her own citizenship status) in order to provide her brother with the opportunity to apply for something he would already have been eligible to seek?

So in short, more evidence free bullshit from the usual easy mark.

Hope you guys like your preview of 2020, by the way. As Trump becomes more and more desperate the lies are going to come faster and faster, thanks in part to dummies like the OP.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
This is a fake story? Everything I see makes it seem to be gathering steam. Looks like she may not be a citizen at all...?

You need to remember you’re in an extreme right wing media bubble so you probably don’t have a good sense of what the rest of the country thinks.

If this has been debunked it is news to me.

It doesn’t have to be debunked, you moron, you have to offer evidence that it’s true. So far you have offered exactly zero evidence that she married her brother.

compcons

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2004
You need to remember you’re in an extreme right wing media bubble so you probably don’t have a good sense of what the rest of the country thinks.

It doesn’t have to be debunked, you moron, you have to offer evidence that it’s true. So far you have offered exactly zero evidence that she married her brother.

But very smart people are saying. Lots of people.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Are you saying she DID NOT receive her legal immigration status based on refugee status?

If that is the case (and it seems so according to your thread title) you're now claiming she received her legal status by means of marriage to a US citizen.. do you have the I-485 application her spouse (her brother) filed for her to register her a spouse of a US citizen and get a green card?

Stories like this just show how pathetic the Trumpanzees are today, how much Trump has them wrapped around himself. NPC's.

Last edited:

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Someone is starting to stink of fear again, all the mean brown women won't be sit down and shut up! Poor victimized racists.

Remember when the trumptards lost their shit when that foreigner Melania lied to immigration officials in order to stay in country, continue her gold digging? How about when her parents took advantage of some chain migration? Yeah me neither.

Rand Paul, forget Omar, offer to rent Trump a storage unit in the city of his choice. Maybe it will teach him to appreciate the promise of a prison cell.

"Sounds like fraud to me" lol TDS patient zero is suddenly very aware of fraud. It's like Martin Shkreli suspecting someone of being a douchebag. Hilarious.

Last edited:
Reactions: DarthKyrie

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
A bunch of you stomping your feet.

Did you see the part where she lied about not seeing her husband since 2011?

Looking more and more like she committed fraud. If she married her brother to gain entry, would you guys care? J/K, I already know the answer.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Looking more and more like she committed fraud. If she married her brother to gain entry, would you guys care? J/K, I already know the answer.

So in other words you have exactly zero evidence that she married her brother?

Gotcha. Let us know when you do.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001

LOL @ your concern about someone in politics lying.

Reactions: Burpo and Meghan54

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
^I noticed that too when Slow posted but was just going to let him die on his sword.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Hey dingbats I don't see anywhere where it says she applied for a green card based on marriage which is what you're claiming with marriage fraud.

Maybe its because she didn't need a marriage based green card. Refugees have no immigration benefit to getting married. They are actually guaranteed green cards based on refugee status.

The whole refugee thing is based on where they're from.

Now if she was actually from Kenya instead of Somalia, then you could claim fraud.

Last edited:
Reactions: Burpo and Meghan54

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I think it's kind of funny that the URL for the first link in the OP is:

https://nypost.com/2019/07/17/trump-repeats-false-claim-that-ilhan-omar-married-her-brother/

Oops, lol.

I was just posting news stories on the subject. I honestly don't know the truth, but it sounds like there is more and more evidence of it being a possibility. I wanted to hear the level headed, non partisan, well thought out views of AT P&N on this issue.

Looks like she almost certainly did commit perjury, at the very least.

Reactions: Luna1968