Did he order a hit on her?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
That's not going to happen until a democrat sits in the white house. Then we can spend 4 years praising what a terrific job he or she is doing.
If Trump wins in November I'm going to have to quit coming here, the anxiety level will be way higher than I can stand.
If Trumps wins again without winning the popular vote, we're going to have to seriously reconsider the workings of our country.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
That's not going to happen until a democrat sits in the white house. Then we can spend 4 years praising what a terrific job he or she is doing.
If Trump wins in November I'm going to have to quit coming here, the anxiety level will be way higher than I can stand.
At least you admit to what side you lean....finally!!

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
If Trumps wins again without winning the popular vote, we're going to have to seriously reconsider the workings of our country.
Because it's working exactly as planned? I'll say it again, the people don't elect the president, the states do. The states can change that if they want to. Until the states decide to make that move, the electoral college stands.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The think I think you do not see and would be difficult to admit is that it is you who suffers from anxiety whereas the people you feel are the anxious ones are expressing rational fear. I believe that you suffer from a kind of indifference to emotional content, the kind that would upset you, and that is the reason so many here consider you to miss so many points, that you practice a kind of self calming that poo poos the fear of others because you don't want to feel your own. This is a very typical trait of the conservative mind. You have, in my opinion, found a way to flatter yourself that you do not feel alarm where others do, even when that fear is completely rational. There can be nothing more obvious then that Trump is a hideous human being who should be removed as President. He is an evil and malicious person and a disgrace to humanity in general. It is absolutely outrageous and profoundly enraging that that worthless son of a bitch is protected by the brain dead. compuwiz 1 suffers from the same condition, where he projects his own paranoia he won't see in himself on others.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Trump is like the urban youth I see round here. Very, very few of them are actually criminally-minded. They aren't going to stab me. But many of them like to dress and carry themselves _as if_ they were crims. It's fashionable to look like that, even if in reality you are just a nervous adolescent worried about fitting in. Likewise my assumption is that while Trump clearly likes _sounding_ like a wiseguy, he would wet his trousers if he found himself involved in serious gangsterism. It's not that disimilar to his behaviour on foreign policy.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
I'm gonna assume that I don't think the interpretation is accurate that he wanted her "dead". I'm just assuming "gone" "outta here". But, who knows, I could be wrong. It's difficult to confuse kicking someone out and murdering them, whereas it is reasonable for Donald to say dramatic things just to be dramatic. Mob boss mentality

Most likely he barely even understood who she was nor why they wanted her gone, he just understood that his friends were telling him that some lady was getting in the way of their business. As friends, he wants to get rid of her. Mob boss mentality

He doesn't even understand that Parnas and Fruman aren't part of the US government. He can't keep his relationships and businesses separate.

Trump has no idea what's going on. He just knows that he's supposed to be loud and decisive. He didn't realize that he was ordering people who don't work for the government to fire Yovanovitch

He's a complete fucking idiot who doesn't understand things.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I want to believe dipshit was just talking about having her fired, but terminating someone's employment doesn't require surveillance and mafia like plotting. A murdered US ambassador in Ukraine would give Putin and his cockholster Trump just the narrative they want to further blame and screw over Ukraine. Having troublesome people removed is what Putin does, and we all know Trump idolizes that Cold War midget. And let's face it, not like he has any loyalty to the country, or it's employees, and criminal activity isn't exactly new to Co Conspirator #1 either.

If you're willing to hold Fed employees hostage before Xmas over a wall, or dismiss the 34 traumatic brain injuries set in motion by wagging the dog as just "headaches", we're not dealing with a normal person here. We're dealing with a mentally ill sociopath bent on personal power. Having a single person killed? No big deal I'm sure.

Last edited:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
This thread is evidence of the amount of paranoia that pervades these forums. Seriously? The group think here is cray cray. I pray for restoration of sanity!
While I don't think Trump was ordering a hit, him publicly opining about no consequences for killing someone on 5th ave could lead to that conclusion. Also in a height if irresponsibility someone around him connected to the Kremlin could arrange for a few drops of polonium to make it her war. That is NOT paranoia. Russians roll that way.

BTW - Did you notice Trump having dinner with someone he claims to not know?

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Because it's working exactly as planned? I'll say it again, the people don't elect the president, the states do. The states can change that if they want to. Until the states decide to make that move, the electoral college stands.

The (biggest) problem with that is the states who benefit the most from the EC will NEVER vote to change the Constitution o eliminate it...until a Democrat wins by EC vote but not popular vote.
Should that ever happen...OMFG! We have to fix this travesty immidiately!

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
The (biggest) problem with that is the states who benefit the most from the EC will NEVER vote to change the Constitution o eliminate it...until a Democrat wins by EC vote but not popular vote.
Should that ever happen...OMFG! We have to fix this travesty immidiately!

Look at those typos, you're gonna make the grammar Nazi mad.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
This thread is evidence of the amount of paranoia that pervades these forums. Seriously?
Seriously. Listen to the actual tape, here it is.

VP Pence, when asked about it, simply said the tape confirms Frump had "concerns" about the ambassador. I'm sorry for you that the facts, THE TRUTH contradicts you.

I pray for restoration of sanity!
I hope for it for you, too. Admitting you have this problem is the first step.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Seriously. Listen to the actual tape, here it is.

VP Pence, when asked about it, simply said the tape confirms Frump had "concerns" about the ambassador. I'm sorry for you that the facts, THE TRUTH contradicts you.

I hope for it for you, too. Admitting you have this problem is the first step.
Do you think he will actually watch the clip? Remember what Trump told his people, "Don't believe what you see and hear believe what I tell you"

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Something that's becoming clear is that people who crawl into the sewer and do 'business' with Trump are learning from Michael Cohen: they're recording conversations. It gives them a chance to bargain with prosecutors, and it also gets their side of the story out.

It's also pretty good blackmail material. Trump is a blackmail machine.

“It’s just so unfair that US companies aren’t allowed to pay bribes to get business overseas” . We’re going to change that”

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
The think I think you do not see and would be difficult to admit is that it is you who suffers from anxiety whereas the people you feel are the anxious ones are expressing rational fear. I believe that you suffer from a kind of indifference to emotional content, the kind that would upset you, and that is the reason so many here consider you to miss so many points, that you practice a kind of self calming that poo poos the fear of others because you don't want to feel your own. This is a very typical trait of the conservative mind. You have, in my opinion, found a way to flatter yourself that you do not feel alarm where others do, even when that fear is completely rational. There can be nothing more obvious then that Trump is a hideous human being who should be removed as President. He is an evil and malicious person and a disgrace to humanity in general. It is absolutely outrageous and profoundly enraging that that worthless son of a bitch is protected by the brain dead. compuwiz 1 suffers from the same condition, where he projects his own paranoia he won't see in himself on others.
That's a pretty good stab at it Moonie.
I don't do drama, in the political arena I always try to stay one step removed. It's simply to easy to get caught up in an emotional argument and lose sight of reality. Anger is easy to rouse, easy to manipulate, add a few trigger words and you can make reasonable people take very foolish actions.
As far as Trump's impeachment goes, there really isn't anything to say, one group is absolutely convinced of his guilt, the other group is absolutely convinced of his innocence. I don't participate in those arguments, though I do comment on the process, a point most here miss. The process in this case is fundamentally flawed as it's pretty much a free for all. The bounds of executive privilege should be clearly defined, along with the impeachment process. While I don't believe for a second that would make it any better, it would reduce the background noise.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I mean, Trump was a baseball player, he was just drifting off into that old game song

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Greenman: That's a pretty good stab at it Moonie.
I don't do drama, in the political arena I always try to stay one step removed. It's simply to easy to get caught up in an emotional argument and lose sight of reality. Anger is easy to rouse, easy to manipulate, add a few trigger words and you can make reasonable people take very foolish actions.

M: These statements are true and represent things important to keep in mind. But you should understand that some emotions derive from self contempt and some from our deepest human nature. Love is one of those and the lover knows all to well what is hate. He or she who would consciously or unconsciously defile the deepest of human spiritual values and will not be deterred will pay the price of righteous wrath and be cut down by the sword of God. Forebarence and compassion or emotional neutrality in the face of raw evil is itself an evil. The wages of sin are death. You would I am sure protect those you love with your life. The love of goodness and truth are no different.

G: As far as Trump's impeachment goes, there really isn't anything to say, one group is absolutely convinced of his guilt, the other group is absolutely convinced of his innocence. I don't participate in those arguments, though I do comment on the process, a point most here miss. The process in this case is fundamentally flawed as it's pretty much a free for all. The bounds of executive privilege should be clearly defined, along with the impeachment process. While I don't believe for a second that would make it any better, it would reduce the background noise.

M: We simply disagree. There isn't the slightest chance in hell that Trump does not deserve to be impeached and that those who protect him in the Senate are worthless scum. This has nothing to do whatsoever with what party you belong to or opinion. This is just fact. There is something wrong with your world view if you don't see that. Forgive my certainty but it is based on nothing but the evidence not hatred or political bias at all.

As one small effort to assure you of this, something I can never really do, I hold Bill Clinton in utter contempt for lying to my face. He did, however, lie about sex and should never have been asked about that when the real impeachment was supposed to be about things like Whitewater. Evidence then that not only Clinton was a scum ball, but the Republicans who changed the subject and went after that when they had no other real case. We have one party that is truly full of slimy people. That Clinton was a pig is an afterthought. But I do not excuse his behavior. He flattered his ego through his dick like an addict pops a pill to excape feelings of worthlessness. There is no excape that way, only further self degredation.

So let me just say it as I see it. I am a conservative through and through the only difference being, between me and those who (pass for) conservatives is that my values are real.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Parnas, the gift that keeps on giving. Who would have thought. It’s obvious he saw a lot of shady, illegal stuff and knew he would be thrown under the bus hanging with Rs.

Reactions: Pohemi

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I agree with you here. One of the great failings of democracy seems to be that it can't adapt to change once there forms an establishment with the money to determine how people think. Change is always made out to be threatening and the people kept in a constate of anxiety and need.