Did Christian Walker just end his dad Herschel Walker's campaign?

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Dave_5k

Golden Member
May 23, 2017
So he's going to win, isn't he?

Imagine a world with the likes of Trump, Oz, Walker etc....and the Dems are still finding a way to be even more unpopular than they are.

This entire timeline deserves to collapse on itself.
Yep ~ Walker favored by 2-5 points on latest 5 polls, all trending in his favor. Although that is still well within margin of error on polling - so Warnock still has a chance of pulling it out

Also, race is close enough now, that the Libertarian (former democrat) 3rd party candidate, Oliver, might pull in enough votes to force this to a run-off election yet again (Georgia requires >50% of votes to win, not just plurality). So we might very well not know who controls the Senate until January next year...

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

Imagine a world with the likes of Trump, Oz, Walker etc....and the Dems are still finding a way to be even more unpopular than they are.

Confirmation bias much. Look at the words you use. Barely a Dem I say.

• Haha
Reactions: gothuevos

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

Nah, I am gonna have a party. Stupid and rich. Easy pickings.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
i'm astonished that so many people would vote for someone so clearly brain damaged, but then again fienstein and grassley were both re-elected

Reactions: hal2kilo

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017
For a second it seemed you said Miss Lindsay has a son. I get what you meant.
me too. I never thought he had it in him. I was very saddened by L Jordan's death a month ago. he would have been a great Linday in a future drama film about the trump administration

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Thing is, republicans want loyalty, not quality. Just as long as the candidate can mimic what is necessary for them to mimic, like a talking parrot, then that's all they need from that candidate. Walker will be the little soldier who follows orders, clicks his heals, and goes along with whatever Trump, McConnell and McCarthy orders Walker to go along with.
If only democrats could get that same loyalty out of Joe Manchin.... :rolleyes:

But it is pretty tragic that someone like Walker is so obviously brain damaged. Then.... putting Walker out there, in public, to make the fool of himself over and over again. I wonder, is this some sadistic game republicans enjoy playing to amuse themselves? At least Fetterman has an excuse for his screwups, he had a stroke. Walker? He's just an idiot plain and simple.

And we thought Donald Trump was the bottom of the barrel, now we discover that hardened crud along the sides of that barrel, where republicans have found a way to scrape off the hardened crud and run it for office. Brillo-pads anyone?

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Plenty of Republicans would literally elect a steaming pile of manure if it gave them a majority.

Would they though? Or are they insulated in a media silo that doesnt show them the actual shit-show?

If they can run Walker and *almost* get away with it, the conservative media empire can get away with just about anyone. They could run a Boston marathon bomber and have decent odds.

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
The Republicans want loyalty from a candidate like Walker, but watch how fast they quit pumping money into his campaign or even show up to try to support his candidacy since there is zero chance now of senate control. Left alone to speak for himself no one in his right mind would support such an idiot. Maybe crybaby Miss Lindsey will still show up to keep Walker from actually opening his mouth.

Reactions: Captante and iRONic

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I just hope that next election season you don’t get so spun up on doom. As I kept trying to tell you there’s a lot of uncertainty when it comes to congressional races.

Dude might be in a info silo that is slightly more Freddy Kruger than you, its hard to know, plus people process this information, fear, differently ... I dont think he sits outside the bell curve.

• Haha
Reactions: gothuevos

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I just hope that next election season you don’t get so spun up on doom. As I kept trying to tell you there’s a lot of uncertainty when it comes to congressional races.

You certainly did. Many, many times. My prediction is Eeyore will have forgotten all of it by the time he needs to come back for 2024. And fwiw, I hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: iRONic

akugami

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2005
Walker is going to lose. There's no reason for a national GOP push to support him anymore. They will not be able to gain a majority in the senate, so there's no reason anymore.

The turtle himself, Mitch McConnell never wanted to support Walker. McConnell is a soulless ghoul who did it to further his own agendas, to the detriment of the USA.

As for democrats, there's reason to continue the battle. Ideally, they would have had a 52-48 majority, which would have effectively castrated Sinema and Manchin. But having a true majority of 51-49, while slim, is still better than a 50-50 tie, which is what gave Manchin so much power.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Funny how an overwhelming christian populace, usually no stranger to citing/crediting christianity as their guide for their politics and culture, went and made a CTE commercial with no experience like Walker competitive with an actual christian guide like Warnock.

Yeah, no Kemp ticket to benefit from, going to be hard. Lady G is on TV damn near in tears pleading for Walker support for a reason. They know they're screwed. Or maybe that's just what Ms Lindsey looks like these days, what with testifying now being unavoidable.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
As for democrats, there's reason to continue the battle. Ideally, they would have had a 52-48 majority, which would have effectively castrated Sinema and Manchin. But having a true majority of 51-49, while slim, is still better than a 50-50 tie, which is what gave Manchin so much power.
51-49 means all Senate committees are Dem majority, instead of parity with the Repugs. Significant difference in and of itself.

Last edited:

postmortemIA

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2006
Still now you have to appease only one of them, and can play them against each other. However, voting should not be so much on the party line. The system is broken when each senator votes for their party, every time. Maybe clear majority will unlock more republicans to vote against party lines.

Reactions: cytg111