Did Bush mislead nation to war? UPDATE:*50,000+* Responses -up to 95% now

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
Did President Bush mislead the nation to war?

In a live, unscientific Internet poll, MSNBC readers are overwhelmingly saying yes.

With more than 6,000 UPDATE:50000+ votes recorded, the survey shows a lopsided 94 percent believe Bush misled the American people, with only 6 percent saying no.

The live poll is a companion to an Associated Press story about a call from Rep. Charles Rangel, D-NY, for an official inquiry on the topic.

New York Rep. Charles Rangel was among Democratic House members who participated in a forum to air demands that the White House provide more information about what led to the decision to go to war in Iraq.

"Quite frankly, evidence that appears to be building up points to whether or not the president has deliberately misled Congress to make the most important decision a president has to make, going to war," said Rangel, senior Democrat on the House Ways and Means Committee.

Rep. John Conyers and other Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee organized the forum to investigate implications in a British document known as the "Downing Street memo." The memo says the Bush administration believed that war was inevitable and was determined to use intelligence about weapons of mass destruction to justify the ouster of Saddam.

Conyers pointed to statements by Bush in the run-up to invasion that war would be a last resort. "The veracity of those statements has ? to put it mildly ? come into question," he said.

America is waking up DSM is looking like the new watergate tapes..

Is bush and co. finally to be held accountable for the untold destruction and lives lost?

Americans everywhere await impeachment for the lies.

Looks like the pro-bush supporters holding onto his lies are the real dead-enders in this war. How ironic.

Just since I posted this over a thousand more votes have come in.

catnap1972

Platinum Member
Aug 10, 2000
Obviously god-hating, America-hating liberals immorally skewing the poll. Anyone with an ounce of sense wouldn't denigrate the greatest president this country has EVER seen nor show obvious hatred for the troops.

(hey this is fun!)

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
Yes, looks like that dividing mindset is at an end like the shameful mccarthy era.

Too bad this did not happen earlier, our men and the iraqis are dying as we speak becasue of his lies.

I am very proud of america seeing this poll, we are not the stupid sheep being lead and manipulated around by our emotions that at some low points even I have thought.

And for those times when I have gotten frustrated I apologise, now lets cook this turkey and get our troops home safe as soon as possible.

homercles337

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004
Originally posted by: Steeplerot
Is bush and co. finally to be held accountable for the untold destruction and lives lost?

Man, i HOPE so. However, given that the average american (well, 51% of them) is not terribly smart i suspect this will go the way of Richard Clark. :(

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
Remember homer, in reality 31% of America voted for bush.. we had nowhere near 100% voter turnout.

Seems the other 40% who did not vote are just plain fed up with the choices in a federal election..seems these people were not happy with bush either to some degree.

Media disinformation and kool aid took it's toll on good thinking americans opinions also, but that is coming to an end it seems.

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
oh, so you are a true believer in science now...sure goes against what you say about science in creationism threads zendari...:laugh:

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
I think that yes, he mislead the nation to go to war, and yes, he did it intentionally, but I still support the war.

in theory, at least. there are several huge points with the management of the war that I disagree with, and I doubt the ability of the Bush administration to correct these mistakes without admitting them (which they've already proven incapable of).

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Do you believe President Bush misled the nation in order to go to war with Iraq?
It may be unscientific, but it's to the point. Wouldn't you say, zendari?

By the way, what makes a poll either scientific or unscientific?

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: loki8481
I think that yes, he mislead the nation to go to war, and yes, he did it intentionally, but I still support the war.

in theory, at least. there are several huge points with the management of the war that I disagree with, and I doubt the ability of the Bush administration to correct these mistakes without admitting them (which they've already proven incapable of).

Just questions and not trying to provoke any problems

Do you support the war being 90% funded by the USA and 90% of the dead allies soldiers being Americans

and support the $400,000,000,000 price tag?

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: dahunan
Originally posted by: loki8481

Just questions and not trying to provoke any problems

Do you support the war being 90% funded by the USA and 90% of the dead allies soldiers being Americans

and support the $400,000,000,000 price tag?

yes and yes.

jjzelinski

Diamond Member
Aug 23, 2004
Invading Iraq with the intent of rebuilding it in our image was utterly retarded any way you slice it.

homercles337

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004
Remember homer, in reality 31% of America voted for bush.. we had nowhere near 100% voter turnout.

Seems the other 40% who did not vote are just plain fed up with the choices in a federal election..seems these people were not happy with bush either to some degree.

Media disinformation and kool aid took it's toll on good thinking americans opinions also, but that is coming to an end it seems.

Point noted and catalogued. ;)

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
The Poll is worthless as any indication of anything, but the question is certainly appropriate. Ask the same question using a more scientific method MSNBC.

homercles337

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004
Originally posted by: Gaard
Do you believe President Bush misled the nation in order to go to war with Iraq?

Random sampling would be a big one there. For all they know, this could be a massive thread on some wacko, leftist, pinko, commie forum.

Sep 12, 2004
Originally posted by: homercles337

Point noted and catalogued. ;)
You also might want to note and catalogue how many other US Presidential elections had 100% voter turnout, just for comparison. ;)

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Gaard

Random sampling would be a big one there. For all they know, this could be a massive thread on some wacko, leftist, pinko, commie forum.

I'm sure the morons over at Kos are on it - likely the moonbats at DU too. I mean steeplerot posted it here so I'm sure it's been posted elsewhere.

CsG

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
You guys are going on about the poll and democratic websites, but not the question at hand. So Bush did not mislead the nation in your opinions?

zendari

Banned
May 27, 2005
Originally posted by: umbrella39
You guys are going on about the poll and democratic websites, but not the question at hand. So Bush did not mislead the nation in your opinions?

See loki's response.

HombrePequeno

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2001

Man, i HOPE so. However, given that the average american (well, 51% of them) is not terribly smart i suspect this will go the way of Richard Clark. :(

I assure you most of the other 49% is borderline retarded also.