DeVos confirmed as Ed Secretary

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
what could go wrong putting an uneducated moron in charge of education?

jiFfM.jpg

Reactions: superstition

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
I hope she extracts all liberal indoctrination tactics from every public school everywhere.

The children need to be given the tools to think for themselves, not told what to think an bleat like sheep.

Liberal? Societal indoctrination and mental conditioning has existed for longer than there's been English, much less an America.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I hope she extracts all liberal indoctrination tactics from every public school everywhere.

The children need to be given the tools to think for themselves, not told what to think an bleat like sheep.

Truth.

Good job republicans, Trump and Pence, sticking to your guns. Well, except for those two (Murkowski and Collins) that voted against.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Post-truth, baby! It'll be Trump U everywhere before you know it. With govt subsidies, obviously. But there will be accountability, even if it's only to the investors.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
I can't believe Nevada's Dean Heller voted for her, he is up for reelection in 2018 in a Hillary state. McConnell must have had his nuts in a vice or something.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
what could go wrong putting an uneducated moron in charge of education?

Well, seeing how the general state of education has declined undeniably over the past 30 years, apparently putting educated morons doesn't work any better than uneducated morons. We'll see what she's able to get done. Hopefully start cracking the monopoly the NEA and other groups have over education.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marion Morrison

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Liberal? Societal indoctrination and mental conditioning has existed for longer than there's been English, much less an America.

I sense the presence of the ban hammer. The post you quote is just... gone. It's clear, however, that whatever efforts were make to provide that person with the critical thinking skills mentioned were a dismal failure.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
I sense the presence of the ban hammer. The post you quote is just... gone. It's clear, however, that whatever efforts were make to provide that person with the critical thinking skills mentioned were a dismal failure.

I still see it, from Marion Morrison. You have them on ignore?

Feb 16, 2005
Truth.

Good job republicans, Trump and Pence, sticking to your guns. Well, except for those two (Murkowski and Collins) that voted against.
yea, right, truth... something the drumpf administration makes up as they go along.
phase one of devos' tenure
plagiarism 101 - how to get away with it and still secure a high level position

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006

The children need to be given the tools to think for themselves, not told what to think and bleat like sheep.

Spidey that's the state's Job

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012

The children need to be given the tools to think for themselves, not told what to think and bleat like sheep.

Its interesting you say that since I see a lot of her supporters boasting about how shes going to put Jesus back in the schools. So, you will trade this supposed "Liberal" indoctrination for a theological one? I have a sister in 4th grade right now. I want her to lean about STEM subjects, I want her to learn to read and write well. I don't give a crap about her learning about Jesus in school. You do that at home and on Sundays.

Meanwhile, in other countries, they don't deal with this garbage and their kids are smarter than ours.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I haven't seen one yet but I believe I will tune in to Spicer Live today and see what he has to spin, er, say.

colonel

Golden Member
Apr 22, 2001
no good, she is not qualified , I heard the hearings. She is clueless about public education. Time will tell...

Bubbleawsome

Diamond Member
Apr 14, 2013
I'm so glad my high school is going to be screwed over now. Might as well give all the money to private Christian schools

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Truth.

False.

Remember, DeVos got the nod largely by being a major party donor with a privatization bent -- during the hearings she was clearly clueless about actual educational policies (wait, you mean we have to accommodate students with disabilities?). I don't care what ideas you think are 'dangerous,' she's incompetent and doesn't deserve the role.

The one consolation is that she'll likely try to overreach, so states are more likely to push back and reject her attempt to privatize basic education.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Its interesting you say that since I see a lot of her supporters boasting about how shes going to put Jesus back in the schools. So, you will trade this supposed "Liberal" indoctrination for a theological one? I have a sister in 4th grade right now. I want her to lean about STEM subjects, I want her to learn to read and write well. I don't give a crap about her learning about Jesus in school. You do that at home and on Sundays.

Meanwhile, in other countries, they don't deal with this garbage and their kids are smarter than ours.
Exactly. They only want their version of things.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
So, they just confirmed for SecEd a person who wants to destroy the American public school system and replace it with a voucher system which demonstrably did not work in her home state, who has no understanding of what the job entails, and little understanding of education in general. Her desire to promote Creationism and religion in public schools and her lying about the success of virtual schools.

Interesting...I guess sticking it to the "liberals" is apparently all that matters. *sigh*