Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nurturedhate

Golden Member
Aug 27, 2011
Beat the game finally this week. WoW Legion took a lot of time away from it. Steam says 39 hours. Pretty damn sure I did everything and explored everything. Fantastic game. Next time through though I am murdering every last one of those dirty cops in prague and especially golem. They reminded me so much of the police from HL2.

renz20003

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2011
Picked up the game over the weekend. It's been enjoyable so far.

I do however miss using the wii u game pad for the hacking mini game.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
I played it on PS4 in hdr and got into it enough that I bought it for pc to get the better frame rate. Liking it this far.

Last edited:

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Anyone try out the MGPU functionality? You get it from steam. How's it work? More fps? Less fps?

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Anyone try out the MGPU functionality? You get it from steam. How's it work? More fps? Less fps?

My sli970s get more fps though there is a problem with the game and I don't think it is limited to Mgpu setups or specific cards since I saw reports of it happening with people using a single 1070. Eventually after a few hours of game play the gpu usage drops to 0. Yes that's right it jumps around anywhere between 0 and 98%. Then it becomes a slideshow and unplayable. The only way I have been able to fix this is to restart the game after I save. Settings don't matter because when I come back to it, I'm at 90%+ gpu usage on both cards and 60fps at 1080p.

Oh I almost forgot, I lose fps if I run the game in dx12 so I had to go back to dx11. At 1080p with everything ultra (msaa off since it gives you a loss of 20fps at 2x) except textures set to high(vram limitation for me as the game asks for more than 4GB at very high and ultra. I assume 6GB or 8GB) and chromatic aberration off, I get almost a solid 60fps except when I move to a crowded area and the game is loading textures where I get some drops to mid 50s. In dx12 with the same settings I was getting 45fps with dips into the 30s. This only seems to be a problem for nvidia cards though from what I read. The game did not look different to me when switching to dx11. I believe it's only supposed to be a performance boost which definitely does benefit amd cards a bit.

I guess if I want to continue to use higher settings on new titles I will have to upgrade my gpu soon. It's only going to get worse for me, even at 1080p. I could run medium and get the fps locked to 60 but I like the extra eye candy. Gotta pay to play lol

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
OK so its a filthy mess then. Wonderful.

Despite what I said about it I really enjoy the game and exploring the city. I like hacking into apartments and rummaging through stuff to dig up dirt on people and hacking computers to read private emails. It makes the world feel just a bit more alive when you read about someone having a family issue or something like that. The action is pretty good and the ability to sneak past most situations without a fight is nice too. The augmentations are balanced just enough that you never walk through like Arnold in The Terminator did in the police station. You will still die pretty easily by running out of energy and not using the proper amount of cover or stealth.

Black Octagon

Golden Member
Dec 10, 2012
I just tried this game. Am a massive fan of the series and forced myself to wait out a few months of patches before playing.

Despite this, the game is still (on my system) utterly broken. Crashes every few minutes. Real shame too as it looks cool.

This is basically the opposite of my experience with Human Revolution.

Sigh...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
I never had a crash when I played it so I don't know if maybe a newer update introduced that.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
29 hours to beat the single player on "give me deus ex". really enjoyed it, though when i got to the ending, it was like "oh, that's the end??". which was a little bit of a letdown in the sense that DE:HR had boss fights throughout, so that's what i was expecting. that being said, i really did enjoy the plot/story development, and after everything concluded, i kind of figured that this is like the second movie a in trilogy - it's more or less 100% development/filler, and being in the middle, you can't really bring closure to anything. so i'm expecting more good things out of the DE universe, which i imagine they can do since there's another 24 years of story between DE:MD and DE1

i really liked the available augs, especially the prototype ones. as with DE:HR, i feel like maxed out cloaking is a little overpowered. you can run by enemies and they'll go on alert, but since they can't see you (nor can laser grids), you don't ever trigger an alarm. loved the tesla for stealth purposes. weapon-wise, the only thing i didn't like was the devastator shotgun - it can't take regular shotgun rounds, and i didn't find any other ammo for it throughout the game, so it was useless. other than that, all other weapons were useful at any particular point in time and seemed to have enough ammo scattered around (revolver and battle rifle could probably use a little more love).

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I bought this game on Steam during the Winter sale. Started playing it this week. It's very good so far.

The game plays very smooth. MSAA takes a big penalty hit. In DX12 it's using both of my Titan Xp cards and it's still not enough to enable 4X MSAA. I use 2X AA with driver forced FXAA. It looks better than 2X MSAA + the temporal AA built into the game. Nvidia driver FXAA has come a long way and it even works in DX12 games.

WiseUp216

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2012
www.heatware.com
I have an extra copy from the monthly Humble Bundle. First PM from an established member (1+ year) can have it. :)

Edit: Gone

Last edited:

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Ya, Deus Ex Mankind Divided one of the three 'early release' games for the current Humble Monthly, which is $12 for that plus other games.

FYI, I have a code for $8 (for me) for anyone who signs up with it, I could probably find a game key for someone who does, PM me for that.

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I've been playing through the game off and on for the past few weeks and I can say that performance and stability with this game has been great. There is a little bit of hitching for a couple of seconds after a level loads, but after that it's a smooth 60 fps. DX12 mgpu works great with the Ultra preset. I tried DX11 with the default Nvidia driver SLI profile and performance was much much worse. I had dips down into the 30s with it. Switched back to DX12 and performance was restored.