Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Because there is no such thing. Every developer will pull a fast one if they think that their game is a stinker. There is a long history of it.

I do t find that to be true. There are good developers whether you want to admit it or not.

Reactions: Red Hawk

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Sigh... i ended up preordering it..

I hope they dont pull a ubisoft on us.

HOOfan 1

Platinum Member
Sep 2, 2007
I do t find that to be true. There are good developers whether you want to admit it or not.

I rarely ever even buy games until they drop tothe $15-$30 range. The only game I have ever pre-ordered was Uncharted 4, and I didn't do that for the bonuses, I did it because I wanted it sitting on my doorstep the day it came out. I was not disappointed at all. I 100% trusted Naughty Dog to deliver.

aigomorla

Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
ive been hurt by ubisoft a lot reciently.
Its gotten to a point where i just cant trust them anymore.

I now cringe by reflex when i hear the words "Tom Clancy"

Too many Bait and switches from E3.

HOOfan 1

Platinum Member
Sep 2, 2007
ive been hurt by ubisoft a lot reciently.
Its gotten to a point where i just cant trust them anymore.

I now cringe by reflex when i hear the words "Tom Clancy"

Too many Bait and switches from E3.

Ubisoft has been a long time offender though...remember Starforce? It's a shame, as I generally love their games

Red Hawk

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2011
I rarely ever even buy games until they drop tothe $15-$30 range. The only game I have ever pre-ordered was Uncharted 4, and I didn't do that for the bonuses, I did it because I wanted it sitting on my doorstep the day it came out. I was not disappointed at all. I 100% trusted Naughty Dog to deliver.

The way I look at it is like, is the game something I'll buy for full price anyways regardless of critical/user response? If so, I have no real problem preordering it. Last game I preordered was the collector's edition of Mass Effect 3, and I actually don't regret that. And there are benefits to preordering on PC, ie preloading.

What irritates me are convoluted pre-order bonus schemes, ie the mess of pre-order bonuses Watch Dogs had. Deus Ex was going to have a terrible "augment your pre-order" scheme, and if they stuck with it I would have probably held if from preordering it. But the backlash was so great that they cancelled it, rolling all the bonuses into a single pre-order package. I believe in credit where credit is due, so I was fine preordering the game.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Never played the last dues ex as I just couldn't get into it too much. Going to wait and see how this one scores out based on user and critic reviews, gameplay videos, etc. It looks like it would be interesting.

aigomorla

Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
sigh...
i dont understand game dev's.

Why do they launch in the middle of the week and not a friday / weekend?
Also why is the launch on the game at 9am pst.. or 12pm est?

escrow4

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2013
The poor plot is making me nervous, every review mentions the plot is fairly basic and doesn't really "go" anywhere, sure this is a prequel but it seems as part of the plot has been cut and stuffed in the season pass:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/deus-ex-mankind-divided-review

That one rips it apart. This is the type of game where a good plot makes or breaks it. It was already delayed and with DX 12 STILL not being available. Eh. I've been spoiled by the Witcher III.

Fire&Blood

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2009
Don't rely too much on a single review. IGN gave Alien: Isolation a 5/10, in a more of a in depth review than this one. Alien: Isolation was my GOTY of 2014.

Reactions: ImpulsE69

chavo12345

Jun 7, 2011
Looks great, and plays great. Biggest gripe that i've had so far is the mouse acceleration (no matter what I do, it stays extremely high). Here's a screen shot. Everything maxed (MSAA is off) @ 2560x1080.

3sR50Lt.jpg

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
What's your opinion on CDPR?
That so far they have had great products and have not needed to pull a fast one. But do you really believe that they would have really pull any punches if the Witcher 3 had been a half finished buggy POS? No. They would have limited review access, hyped it to the moon at every opportunity, and pushed even more exclusive preorder bonuses to try to get people to buy it sight unseen.

BSim500

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2013
"Mixed" Steam reviews are not off to a good start. General trend:-

- It crashes like hell
- Mouse is very "floaty". Either acceleration issues, input lag or feels like a bad console port that tries to pass it through a "controller translator"
- It runs like a turd yet looks nowhere near good enough to justify it...
- Bugs, bugs, bugs
- Pay2win cr*p. ("They've even stuffed a "shop" into the game where you can buy IAP p2w gear, which they force people into using by making their preorder/season-pass items single use and save-locked. Once you've redeemed them, they're gone forever, thanks for the preorder, chumps." / "You too can buy your single pack of tranquilizer ammo, a tranq rifle and three smoke grenades for €4.99".)

Anyone else here confirm this stuff? It's not just one or two people complaining / downvoting (over 40% of reviews are negative at time of writing).

Last edited:

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
I basically can't play because of the bugs. Well, I guess the bugs thus far haven't prevented me from playing, but it's like playing an unfinished product. Ladders to nowhere, floating items everywhere, etc...

Red Hawk

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2011
Played the first mission. The first mission was actually not as good, I felt, as HR in establishing Jensen and making me care for what he's doing in this game. Nothing on the level of the reconstruction sequence from HR.

Game certainly looks great though, soooo much more of a looker than HR. And prerendered cutscenes blend much better with in-engine rendering than HR's cutscenes did, so much that it's hard to tell the difference.

escrow4

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2013
How do you disable that irritating screen pixellation/chromatic aberration thing when you shoot people? Is irritating.

Red Hawk

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2011
How do you disable that irritating screen pixellation/chromatic aberration thing when you shoot people? Is irritating.

There's a setting for chromatic aberration right in the graphics options menu, if that's what you're talking about.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
There is something really flawed in the mindset when 'pre-loading' is considered a 'bonus'.

I've had the other one sitting in my stash since some Steam sale....yet to play it....sigh.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com