Destiny 2 PC Discussion

Page 13 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
At bungie.net you'll find the recruitment section. Biggest issue from the first game is still the biggest issue with D2. They really need an in game clan chat and a lfg channel. Even if you have to opt in to them that's better than nonexistent.

I know some die-hards will disagree, but I don't see how anyone can say that Destiny isn't an MMOFPS. The only reason why I could see that someone would disagree is because the game is missing some aspects (such as the chats that you mentioned) that an MMO should have. Well, frankly, the fact that it's more of a half-baked MMO doesn't mean that it isn't one... it just means that Bungie still doesn't know what they're doing. :p I wonder if it could also come down to time constraints. Apparently, Bungie is supposed to release a full game every two years, which we know wasn't met with Destiny 2 since it was about 3 years from the original.

I wonder if that's part of the problem? Imagine if Blizzard had to effectively release a whole new World of WarCraft game every few years instead of an expansion every 1-2 years?

PowerK

May 29, 2012
It's been about 10 days since I started playing. I'm only level 12 now. Thoroughly enjoying the game (singleplayer part).
Performace is very good.
I play at 6880x2880 ultrawide (4x DSR of 3440x1440) with everything at max settings plus 60fps cap enabled. The game is pretty much constantly locked at 60fps even during heavy fire fights in public events. Visually fantastic artistic direction, perfect ultrawide support. I just wish it supports better AA other than fast food AA like FXAA and SMAA. This game has so much shader/temporal aliasing that even at 5K ultrawide resolution (6880x2880), aliasing still bothers me.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
It's been about 10 days since I started playing. I'm only level 12 now. Thoroughly enjoying the game (singleplayer part).
Performace is very good.
I play at 6880x2880 ultrawide (4x DSR of 3440x1440) with everything at max settings plus 60fps cap enabled. The game is pretty much constantly locked at 60fps even during heavy fire fights in public events. Visually fantastic artistic direction, perfect ultrawide support. I just wish it supports better AA other than fast food AA like FXAA and SMAA. This game has so much shader/temporal aliasing that even at 5K ultrawide resolution (6880x2880), aliasing still bothers me.

Yeah that’s always a problem, aliasing. Seems most newer games don’t support MSAA anymore and forcing it via the control panel doesn’t always work either.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Even with the yellow bar enemies on mercury for the flashpoint it still takes too long there. Terrible map

PowerK

May 29, 2012
Yeah that’s always a problem, aliasing. Seems most newer games don’t support MSAA anymore and forcing it via the control panel doesn’t always work either.
The problem with MSAA is that it unfortunately pretty much doesn't do anything with temporal/shader aliasing. :(
We need more than MSAA in the form of TAA/TXAA etc with sharpening option in this game. :)

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
Even with the yellow bar enemies on mercury for the flashpoint it still takes too long there. Terrible map

I don't mind it; I like that the now abandoned/decommissioned almighty can be seen in the sky toward the sun. nice little touch.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Dawning event starts today. Some new armor and cosmetic stuff but it's all tied to eververse. Man, this game keeps getting worse and worse for me lol

Qbah

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2005
Dawning event starts today. Some new armor and cosmetic stuff but it's all tied to eververse. Man, this game keeps getting worse and worse for me lol
It's really all Eververse?!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
EV sucks... dumb broad never gives me anything good. i don't do "tokens" either, as I'm not the lucky type.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
It's really all Eververse?!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yes all of it. You can do PvP Mayhem to get some engrams and you are gifted one engram to start that conbtains shaders. You also get some stuff by delivering gifts to NPCs but the engrams are additions to the eververse. There's a ghost shell that permanently increases your loot from public events. They said all the new items will be sold for bright dust at some point though. I bought the warlock body armor because I like it. Waiting for the ghost shell.

Last edited:

NoSoup4You

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2007
This game has an amazing first 30 hours before it falls flat on it's face. Non-existent end game... eververse is completely pathetic... inventory is laughably small...

Seriously, in game about collecting things... they give you a teeny tiny inventory. WTF

Loved that first 30 hours, absolutely phenomenal. And it's a shame because I'm sure one year from now Bungie will have all these issues cleared up and the game will be excellent... but right now there's a lot of work to do.

Also, this update today broke HDR... *sad face*

Last edited:

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
...it's a shame because I'm sure one year from now Bungie will have all these issues cleared up in the GOTY edition... but right now there's a lot of work to do.

FTFY

I still enjoy the game, though I've played it to death twice over. There are games with MUCH smaller inventories and honestly I don't even use more than half of my stock. What good is a giant inventory if 80% of what you have is garbage or irrelevant. I understand though that you should be able to collect to your heart's desire but at the end of the day I'd rather use my favorite/best equipment anyway and just break the rest down. Game's definitely far from perfect but compared to the first I'd say they've done quite well in terms of content.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
striker titans in cruciable mahem is lulz...

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Have gotten about half a dozen masterwork weapons now. Need to do more reading to see what the benefits are. Almost all of them are marked as crucible, not sure if bonus only applies there or what?

Also lately I've started to get a bunch of kernel 41 reboots while playing. Can do cpu or gpu stress test, or play any of game without issue. Only destiny is doing this.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Have gotten about half a dozen masterwork weapons now. Need to do more reading to see what the benefits are. Almost all of them are marked as crucible, not sure if bonus only applies there or what?

Also lately I've started to get a bunch of kernel 41 reboots while playing. Can do cpu or gpu stress test, or play any of game without issue. Only destiny is doing this.

The bonus only applies to the activity it lists. Crucible or everything else. If you dismantle them you get a random number (up to 3) masterwork cores and when you get 10 you can pick a weapon to make masterwork and get a random mod to it. You can reroll a masterwork weapon for a few cores as well.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
mayhem is completely broken now because of warlock unlimited nova bomb glitch.

And bungie wont fix it til 2018... sigh...

first its the Prometheus lens... now its nova bomb...
Im starting to question bungie's competence.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
mayhem is completely broken now because of warlock unlimited nova bomb glitch.

And bungie wont fix it til 2018... sigh...

first its the Prometheus lens... now its nova bomb...
Im starting to question bungie's competence.

They don't test. The issues that pop up are easy to see if they tried.

JeffMD

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2002
Sooo..I picked this up for $34.99 from GMG and while I got through the main compaign, I am kind of in for a loss here. Shortly into the end game grind the expansion dropped and it is totally not worth it.. and yet because of the level boost involved it is pointless to continue grinding. Bungie has farked up no less then 4 content patches and continues to do no good.

I never touch FPS games on consoles so I was excited to get destiny 2 on pc but it looks like bungie is not sending us their best.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Saw another person that had had the reboot issue since the expansion, he stopped it by enabling a fps limit. So I set my vsync to 60 and so far no crashes since.

Last edited:

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Guessing it's an issue between AMD and destiny's latest patch as I went and finished most of my milestones last night with FPS locked and not a single crash.

Last edited:

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
I played for an hour or two last night without issue, too.

Despite the more recent flak surrounding the game and it's developers, I still enjoy playing it. It's just so easy to pick up and play and it doesn't actually require a lot of play time unless you want it to. I play for a couple of hours when I can and if I get lucky and get some good drops, great. If not, I put it down for a bit and come back to it eventually.