Destiny 2 PC Discussion

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nurturedhate

Golden Member
Aug 27, 2011
Been nothing but a stutter fest today. Anyone else experiencing this?

Also, the biggest issue w/ Destiny 1 was difficulties in finding a group to play with. Why on earth would they not fix this for Destiny 2. I should be able to sit in a hub with a general chat and find people to group with...

Is there a clan chat I'm missing or something. All I see is team and fireteam.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Been nothing but a stutter fest today. Anyone else experiencing this?

Also, the biggest issue w/ Destiny 1 was difficulties in finding a group to play with. Why on earth would they not fix this for Destiny 2. I should be able to sit in a hub with a general chat and find people to group with...

Is there a clan chat I'm missing or something. All I see is team and fireteam.

Look for Guided Games next to certain modes (like raids or Nightfall strikes). Those pair you up with experienced players from a given clan so that you can get through those tougher challenges without having to rope your friends into them.

Yeah, having a lobby or something similar would be faster, but I think Bungie is trying to avoid those situations where you're stuck with people who really don't know what they're doing... or worse, trolls. A raid is hard enough with a tightly coordinated team, let alone when half the players are only looking out for themselves.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
explain...

what do you mean about "loot crate gambling free to play"....

also i got my warlock to 265... sigh... that was a pain..
now im working on my titan.... i like the titan better too for pve, but voidwalker warlock just rapes in pvp

MBrown

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
Guys...I have an embarrassing confession to make. I decided for giggles to plug in my XBOX 360 controller to my PC to see how D2 would handle the controller on PC and I have to say I prefer the controller over the KB/M for this game. I was doing better in the crucible with the controller. I couldn't believe. Also the game somehow feels smoother with a controller. Maybe its because the inputs to the PC with a controller are more steady? The mouse feels a bit more juddery. Its hard to explain.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Nope. I know exactly where I am.

Given that you have to pay up front for the game, and the items that matter cost absolutely nothing, I'm not sure where you're coming from here. This is the opposite of free-to-play.

nurturedhate

Golden Member
Aug 27, 2011
Hit 278 yesterday. Also if you are experiencing stuttering while in game there's an issue with clans atm. After a while the game feel like it's running at 20fps and 500ms, usually takes about 30-60 minutes to start except in the EDZ where it's faster. Reloading solves it for a bit. Leaving your clan solves it completely.

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
The shaders from blind loot boxes for real money. They took away something people liked in the first game and decided to charge people who want the same experience. You gamble your money hoping to get what you want from a crate. That's a free to play model in a very expensive game, so its free to play garbage even though they charge you for the base game. You can't even buy what you want. Instead you buy a CHANCE at getting what you want, right? What the HELL is this garbage?
It took me over a year to realize Rocketleague has these gambling crates as well and when I saw them I nearly puked. Its only cosmetic stuff in most cases but its a terrible thing because they aren't even willing to sell you something, which makes me sick. Instead they make you gamble for it because they know you will have to pay more money to get that $3.00 item. Keep pulling that lever until you get what you want, right? That's not a trash thing to do to gamers? You guys just love it? Can't get enough? Maybe you guys can explain that.
Also, why is Destiny already dying? Maybe because they didn't care about the game? Maybe they didn't care about creating depth and meaning within the game because the ONLY thing they had their eye on was a cheap gambling loot crate system because kids like their shaders so they wanted to make them GAMBLE for them? Maybe that's why the game is dying? Any chance of that? Oh, there's no chance of it? Maybe because I said it and not someone with more street cred? Actually lots of legit, street cred loaded individuals have said the same thing, but there seems to be no problem with the game around here.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
The shaders from blind loot boxes for real money. They took away something people liked in the first game and decided to charge people who want the same experience. You gamble your money hoping to get what you want from a crate. That's a free to play model in a very expensive game, so its free to play garbage even though they charge you for the base game. You can't even buy what you want. Instead you buy a CHANCE at getting what you want, right? What the HELL is this garbage?
It took me over a year to realize Rocketleague has these gambling crates as well and when I saw them I nearly puked. Its only cosmetic stuff in most cases but its a terrible thing because they aren't even willing to sell you something, which makes me sick. Instead they make you gamble for it because they know you will have to pay more money to get that $3.00 item. Keep pulling that lever until you get what you want, right? That's not a trash thing to do to gamers? You guys just love it? Can't get enough? Maybe you guys can explain that.
Also, why is Destiny already dying? Maybe because they didn't care about the game? Maybe they didn't care about creating depth and meaning within the game because the ONLY thing they had their eye on was a cheap gambling loot crate system because kids like their shaders so they wanted to make them GAMBLE for them? Maybe that's why the game is dying? Any chance of that? Oh, there's no chance of it? Maybe because I said it and not someone with more street cred? Actually lots of legit, street cred loaded individuals have said the same thing, but there seems to be no problem with the game around here.

Shaders? Really? It's a bit rich to throw a fit over those, especially since the game hands out free shaders like candy.

I would have an issue if Bungie was locking equipment behind paid boxes, or if it made most shaders hard to get unless you paid. But it's not. When the studio introduced microtransactions in the first game, it explicitly made clear that they would never be used for anything that affected gameplay, and never made you feel like you were missing out on significant content if you stuck to what you got in the box.

Also, you're wrong about the stats. Destiny 2 is already the best-selling game of 2017. Whether or not people continue playing over the long haul is another matter, but the initial demand suggests it's doing just fine, thank you. And there's no tangible evidence I've seen that that Bungie has lost any significant portion of its potential audience over these boxes. Do you have some data that isn't just anecdotal? I'd be glad to see it.

You say that we're just kissing ass, but to me it seems like you're going too far in the other direction, trying to stir up outrage where it isn't really warranted. You're acting as if it's a horrific, terrible crime because Bungie dared to include any microtransactions whatsoever, no matter how limited they are or how easily you can get the content just by playing normally. This isn't pay-to-win, or even an Overwatch-style loot box system where you may have to grind for a long time to get something nice. It's just a perk for those who are determined to customize their character and don't want to play a few rounds to make it happen.

Reactions: OCNewbie

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
Finished the main story quests some time yesterday. Ghaul went down much quicker as a hunter than when I solo'd it as a Titan. Didn't really care for the void subclass powers so I stuck with the Solar one.

Really loving this game on PC; I'm glad that there aren't many issues for the most part.

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
You guys see no problem charging people for the chance to buy what they want. You end up having to pay again and again if you want to get it. Incredible. Absolutely incredible. You enjoy that game and other loot box nightmares like it. I'll have nothing to do with any of it. I'd rather assume the entire gaming industry is in apocalyptic mode and is a complete loss before I support this outrageous gambling garbage. This crap crosses what should be a well defined line and if this is how games are going to be then this guy is done with all of it. Straight up.
I seriously don't even care what kind of clever or sour response you come up with. I don't care what you think of me or my opinion. When it comes to this loot box warm sick they try to spew in my face, I sense instant cracker jack box quality. Open it up and see what's inside! Oh no! Not what you wanted? Buy another one! Seriously? What kind of cheap carnival game ripoff crap is this and why in GOD'S NAME ARE YOU OK WITH IT?!!
Seriously, I didn't even know what a loot box was until recently. I had no idea they were charging for the CHANCE to get what you want. I was shocked when I found out. Absolutely stunned. People are willing to pay for a chance. Oh my god.

nurturedhate

Golden Member
Aug 27, 2011
This is just trolling at this point. If you don't like the game or the micro transactions that's cool. Go start a thread about it. I probably have 50 unique shaders already with multiples for the majority of them. They drop like candy.

nurturedhate

Golden Member
Aug 27, 2011
Finished the main story quests some time yesterday. Ghaul went down much quicker as a hunter than when I solo'd it as a Titan. Didn't really care for the void subclass powers so I stuck with the Solar one.

Really loving this game on PC; I'm glad that there aren't many issues for the most part.

Really want to get a second character leveled before Wednesday for the milestone/powerful gear rewards. Was planning on starting after hitting 280+ but it's taken most of the weekend just to get over the 275-280 hump. At 279 now.

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
This is just trolling at this point. If you don't like the game or the micro transactions that's cool. Go start a thread about it. I probably have 50 unique shaders already with multiples for the majority of them. They drop like candy.

Hey, excuse me, but isn't this a Destiny 2 PC discussion thread? Am I discussing the game and sharing my opinion on it? I think that's exactly what I'm doing. Last time I checked, attacking ideas was encouraged but not attacking people. I don't attack anyone or insult anyone. You label me a troll when you want me to shut up, just admit it. It's not my responsibility to make sure you like what I have to say about the game or what I have to say any other time, so don't attempt to sensor me because I point out an enormous ETHICAL and MORAL FLAW in the game that you don't like to hear.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com

this is ~200 hours on the console, no money spent on loot boxes

the shit rains from the sky, pointless bitching is pointless, ive actually deleted quite a few shaders cause i needed the sapce

blH10GK.png

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
upon purchasing the full game players aren't forced to buy anything else. if you were able to simply buy choice items not only would that kind of ruin the immersion but it would also make playing the game basically pointless. sure, you're spending more money and not guaranteed an item you want but you also could get said items for free if you just play the damn game.

the game's obviously hugely popular so I don't think the user base is going to care about players who aren't happy with their luck from loot boxes.

new AMD drivers fixed the nessus crash too, so that's pretty nice. I'm having a blast with this game on PC, and I had already leveled up two other characters on PS4 beyond 270

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
yea just gotta get lucky with some drops to get to 280 and then you can start burning glimmer to try and get what you want

I have both my Lock and Titan at 280+ now on PC.

everything is 305 on Console which is what the screenshot is from, but year cpl hundred hours will do that

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
Is that second strike on Earth, the Taken one, on PC or is that still PS4 only?

can I start buying legendary mods at 280 or 300?

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
you can start making legendary mods from 3 blue ones at 280 - its not "buying" its just shows you what you can make based on what you have 3 or more of

and IIRC that strike is a PS4 exclusive

Qbah

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2005
(...)
the shit rains from the sky, pointless bitching is pointless, ive actually deleted quite a few shaders cause i needed the sapce
(...)

Amen to that! I got every shader I ever wanted in quantities I will really not be able to realistically spend anyway. All my gear (and the backup and its backup and alterations for different subclasses) is all shaded in just the way I need and I still have crapton of those shaders left. This is such a non-issue, I don't understand why people who played the game for even a bit bring up. I'm actually pissed I can'd delete whole stacks... No way I'm deleting those 3-digit stacks of shaders one by one... Same thing for the sparrows, emotes, ships, transmat effects, etc... Weapon ornaments too...