Desktop Geforce 7 comes by Computex

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Elfear

Diamond Member
May 30, 2004
He has a GTX660Ti, not quit a Titan card...

Whoops. You're right. There were a few guys in that thread with Titans though who complained about throttling. I don't think adjusting the temp limit fixes the issue every time.

Xarick

Golden Member
May 17, 2006
I don't think it is fair to call me ridiculous when most people get more than 1175 off their overclocked galaxy cards.. infact some get 1300.

sontin

Diamond Member
Sep 12, 2011
After the Temp target there is the Power target which is much more annoying. Only fixable with a new custom bios.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
I doubt we will see 30% increase on the 780 GTX. No process shrink normally means very small performance increases.

Probably a 3GB 780 GTX between 680 GTX and Titan

This is what I see as well. maybe 4GB though. Definitely faster than a 680 but cheaper than a titan but not quite as fast as it with more memory than the standard 2GB in the 680.

A little reading about Overclocking a Titan and GPU Boost 2.0
http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/geforce_gtx_titan_overclock_guide,1.html

alcoholbob

Diamond Member
May 24, 2005
Yep, OCing Titan is pretty pointless, once the card starts to heat up after ~10mins it basically settles at stock performance, regardless what you OC it to.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Yep, OCing Titan is pretty pointless, once the card starts to heat up after ~10mins it basically settles at stock performance, regardless what you OC it to.

Read the Guru3d article. You can change the Temp target now so it won't throttle based on temps. It will max the clock speed until that temp is reached or you hit the TDP limit(or it crashes/artifacts)

notty22

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2010
It's sad when these myths keep getting repeated. Yeah, random posters know more than the reviewers who test these cards. That tell us the reviews takes hours/days to run. That they repeat their findings multiple times if necessary.
Review sites use different techniques. Some game-play/ some automated scripts of game-play/ some scripts of in-game benchmarks. Some a mix of all.
Nope the cards never heated up/ sarcasm.
In fact, the power testing and sound testing is all flawed as well! And in the case of AMD cards, they always use the wrong driver!:'( So another 10% has to be added for them! Always./sarcasms!

wand3r3r

Diamond Member
May 16, 2008
It's sad when these myths keep getting repeated. Yeah, random posters know more than the reviewers who test these cards. That tell us the reviews takes hours/days to run. That they repeat their findings multiple times if necessary.
Review sites use different techniques. Some game-play/ some automated scripts of game-play/ some scripts of in-game benchmarks. Some a mix of all.
Nope the cards never heated up/ sarcasm.
In fact, the power testing and sound testing is all flawed as well! And in the case of AMD cards, they always use the wrong driver!:'( So another 10% has to be added for them! Always./sarcasms!

Proof matters more then going on a binge.

The warming phenomena was discussed around launch. I haven't seen any Titan updates.
Links? This is the second time ill ask for proof so instead of whining about myths, prove your point.

notty22

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2010
Proof matters more then going on a binge.

The warming phenomena was discussed around launch. I haven't seen any Titan updates.
Links? This is the second time ill ask for proof so instead of whining about myths, prove your point.

A prime example of a straw man, prove to wand3r3r , wand3r3r conspiracy theory is wrong.
Why should I ? You present to members here , that a majority of reviewers/ findings who agree with your theory. That their own review results/conclusions were wrong or compromised because of conditions you are citing.

boxleitnerb

Platinum Member
Nov 1, 2011
Read the Guru3d article. You can change the Temp target now so it won't throttle based on temps. It will max the clock speed until that temp is reached or you hit the TDP limit(or it crashes/artifacts)

You can also adjust the fan curve for better cooling. It's really not that much of an issue.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Keep wanting to type different things,but i stall cause everything about the upcoming 700 series could be relatively disappointing if the 600 series is anything to go by.

Mid range labeled as high end,priced as such and the ultra high end single gpu is 40-45% faster yet twice the price.

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
Strange that they will be making the Titan obsolete after only four months assuming these cards are released in July. Paying $1000 compared to ~500 for a 780 that should be nipping at its performance. I'd be a little pissed if I had dropped 1k only for nvidia to drop a new product four months later.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Strange that they will be making the Titan obsolete after only four months assuming these cards are released in July. Paying $1000 compared to ~500 for a 780 that should be nipping at its performance. I'd be a little pissed if I had dropped 1k only for nvidia to drop a new product four months later.

The 780 could be what the gtx285 was to the gtx280 and the Titan could still be $1,000 and the high end single gpu.

wand3r3r

Diamond Member
May 16, 2008
A prime example of a straw man, prove to notty , notty conspiracy theory is wrong.
Why should I ? You present to members here , that a majority of reviewers/ findings who agree with your theory. That their own review results/conclusions were wrong or compromised because of conditions you are citing.

It's up to you to prove the Titan doesn't throttle down after warming up (anymore, if true). This was widely discussed and known after launch (I know you know about it).

Ok, you obviously have no proof or you would be demonstrating it and flaunting it. All your fake straw man bs because you simply don't have a source. Way to go, just try tarnish the guy who brings up a flaw in your beloved NV.

I don't even care other than the benchmarks get skewed unless the card is warmed up. They are not realistic of stock performance, unless you change settings yourself. This is my nitpick but apparently it's so (seen as) anti-NV that some can't handle it.

http://translate.google.com/transla...fikkarten/2013/test-nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan/

To check whether the GeForce GTX titanium is held back by monitoring the power targets, and the temperature, we have an additional test with the maximum possible power target (106 percent), with the maximum temperature carried out (95 degrees Celsius). These values &#8203;&#8203;were as "GeForce GTX Titanium (Max)" into the charts. Moreover, we have the graphics card before each test run "warmed up" for a few minutes so that the temperature rises to a realistic level and the GPU Boost clock speeds to accommodate it. We do this because at lower temperatures, the GTX titanium clocked higher and thus provides better FPS values &#8203;&#8203;after a few minutes, however, no longer be reproduced.

Note their charts show two versions, one which when warmed up is lower.

They might have alleviated it by changing the power to 106% and 95C? Can anybody find an English source that proves this without google translator?

boxleitnerb

Platinum Member
Nov 1, 2011
I'm a German native speaker, and you're right. One set of results is with warming up, the other one was attained by raising the power and temp targets to 106% and 95°C, respectively.

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
It's up to you to prove the Titan doesn't throttle down after warming up (anymore, if true). This was widely discussed and known after launch (I know you know about it).

Ok, you obviously have no proof or you would be demonstrating it and flaunting it. All your fake straw man bs because you simply don't have a source. Way to go, just try tarnish the guy who brings up a flaw in your beloved NV.

I don't even care other than the benchmarks get skewed unless the card is warmed up. They are not realistic of stock performance, unless you change settings yourself. This is my nitpick but apparently it's so (seen as) anti-NV that some can't handle it.

http://translate.google.com/transla...fikkarten/2013/test-nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan/

Note their charts show two versions, one which when warmed up is lower.

They might have alleviated it by changing the power to 106% and 95C? Can anybody find an English source that proves this without google translator?

106% and 95C works for my three Titans. The cards will keep their boost even during hard stress testing.

Joeydubbs

Jun 11, 2008
Looking forward to new cards...am waiting to do a Haswell rebuild but am really not keen on spending so much on 18 month old tech :)

VulgarDisplay

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2009
There is no way this is 7xx series desktop cards. They would be insane to not launch around the time the new consoles are released (late fall). All the upgrade frenzy due to new console hardware is something they will capitalize on. This is probably a $750 Titan little brother.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
There is no way this is 7xx series desktop cards. They would be insane to not launch around the time the new consoles are released (late fall). All the upgrade frenzy due to new console hardware is something they will capitalize on. This is probably a $750 Titan little brother.

people are spending money on consoles so your strategy is to compete directly for those entertainment dollars rather than launching beforehand and having that money all to themselves for a while?