"describing Israel as a 'racist government' established on the 'pretext' of Jewish suffering,"

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
Originally posted by: trooper11
that would have been very interesting, Einstein as president. I doubt his genius would be properly utilized as a politician, so that would have been a huge waste.

but, if he had gotten rid of the cooks on both sides, then he would have made a great conservative.
Einstein was fundamentally opposed to the the establishment of a Jewish state, as noted in his comment here:

Just one more personal word on the question of partition. I should much rath-er see reasonable agreement with the Arabs on the basis of living together in peace than the creation of a Jewish state. Apart from practical consideration, my awareness of the essential nature of Judaism resists the idea of a Jewish state with borders, an army, and a measure of temporal power no matter how modest. I am afraid of the inner damage Judaism will sustain--especially from the development of a narrow nationalism within our own ranks, against which we have already had to fight strongly, even without a Jewish state.

Besides, President in Israel is mostly a ceremonial position where he wouldn't be able to accomplish much anyway, the Prime Minster is the one in charge of Israeli government.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: kylebisme
Originally posted by: Common Courtesy
There is the rub.
Were they civilians? - Palestinian & Arab militants have shown that they have no qualms pretending to be civilians or hiding amoung civilians for cover.
Sure, that is what Israel said about Hezbollah too, but but the US Army War College found little truth in Israel's claims:

Yet Hezbolla was stating that the civilians were being targeted. How could that be if they had evacuated the villages.

And launching rockets from hospitals - what does that indicate.

Hezbollah is different in the way they operated than Hamas.
They both created the situation that utilized civilian areas as military opeational ares and deliberately force the issue of targetting civilian areas by Israel.

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
Yet Hezbolla was stating that the civilians were being targeted. How could that be if they had evacuated the villages.
Because Israel bombed more than the regions Hezbollah was operating in, this being one notable example.

It indicates that you jump from one unsupported claim to another.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Because Israel bombed more than the regions Hezbollah was operating in, this being one notable example.

You don`t have a clue....
To quote Human Rights watch is just pathetic!

Jun 26, 2007

1. Hisb'allah was working in EVERY area of Lebanon at that time and at this time.

2. It was done, reported by UN forces on the ground at the time.

You have absolutely no clue, you just want to root for one side and disregard what actions they took that started ALL OF IT.

That makes you nothing but a pathetic liar.

Jun 26, 2007
Originally posted by: JEDIYoda

Funny, i remember a recent thread when you thought HRW was a legitimate source of information...

You're just as pathetic as he is.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: JohnOfSheffield

Funny, i remember a recent thread when you thought HRW was a legitimate source of information...

You're just as pathetic as he is.

pot calling the kettle black...your too much jarhead.....rofl

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: trooper11
Originally posted by: Craig234

Wow, good post.

Interesting to note Einstein was approached to be the first President of Israel.

It's too bad he declined.

He might have set it on a better course and reduced the far right elements.

that would have been very interesting, Einstein as president. I doubt his genius would be properly utilized as a politician, so that would have been a huge waste.

but, if he had gotten rid of the cooks on both sides, then he would have made a great conservative.

Actually, Einstein had a great deal to say on politics in that time frame - but he was far, far from a conservative. You should check out his writings, there are books on the topic.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: JS80
You first have to be human to be a race. You are not human if you strap bombs to your chest and blow up cafes. Therefore, Israel cannot be a racist government.

Too bad I already awarded irony of the week. Idiotic post. So if Israel treats a group terribly and they resist violently, they're not human, justifying the bad treatment.

We all know the term 'cycle of violence', but you don't see the 'pro-cycle of violence' side argued too much.

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000

It was the first link to come up in a Google search. If you don't trust people dedicated to respecting human rights, you can find plenty of other sources to confirm their report.

1. Hisb'allah was working in EVERY area of Lebanon at that time and at this time.

You have absolutely no clue, you just want to root for one side and disregard what actions they took that started ALL OF IT.

Your attempt at proof by assertion is pathetic.

Freshgeardude

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2006

It was the first link to come up in a Google search. If you don't trust people dedicated to respecting human rights, you can find plenty of other sources to confirm their report.

Your attempt at proof by assertion is pathetic.

bolded: I have only read a few posts in this forum post, but I have read what you originally wrote as the commentary on a post.

you want SUPPORT on that PROOF?

one
two
three, HOSPITAL HERE
Four
five
six, THEY ADMIT IT
seven
eight
nine
ten

so i think our side is supported enough with proof. pictures and videos dont lie.

I really would like to tell me or anyone else that this is a lie. please, because it only took me 5 minutes to find these links.

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
You just posted a bunch of random links, and none to back up CC's "launching rockets from hospitals" claim.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

Freshgeardude

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2006
You just posted a bunch of random links, and none to back up CC's "launching rockets from hospitals" claim.

actually, yes I did,

secondly, they have used mosques (their own "holy" place), zoos, apartments, CHILDREN SCHOOLS, amd neighborhoods to do their dirty work aswell.

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
I suppose I have to take you two's attempts at changing the subject and hollow assertion as admission that CC's "launching rockets from hospitals" claim is unfounded.