DeSantis out

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Ron DeSantis has dropped out of the Presidential race.

Good news for the country as we won't have to put up with his ghastly choices.
Bad news for the country as it gives Trump a greater hold on the nomination and possibility tp subjecting all of us to HIS ghastly choices.
Bad news for Floridians as he will undoubtedly return to inflict his choices on us.

"While this campaign has ended, the mission continues down here in Florida. We will continue to show the country, how to lead."

I can hardly wait. :rolleyes:

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
But he should have been forced to resign as governor per Florida law to even put up his name for consideration as president. Nope his butt kissers changed that requirement. Well back to attacking Disney.

Reactions: hal2kilo and Pohemi

akugami

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2005
So long as he keeps inflicting his garbage on Floridians he's an issue.

But for the moment he's not our issue.

The DeSantis dropping out news is also in the dedicated DeSantis thread.

However, he hasn't just inflicted harm upon Floridians, who I'd argue deserve it because they voted him in, but he has done lasting harm to the entire country with his support of the hypocritical fascist group Mom's For (threesome) Liberty. DeSantis's support of book bans has also had a chilling effect with similar laws in other states.

trenchfoot

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
But he should have been forced to resign as governor per Florida law to even put up his name for consideration as president. Nope his butt kissers changed that requirement. Well back to attacking Disney.

And like the true hypocrites they are, they will reinstitute that requirement if a Democrat somehow gets into the governor's seat. We all have seen and heard examples of that manner of partisan chicanery in other GOP controlled state legislatures.

The MAGAts have managed to make their downward spiral into radicalism become their present day "normalized" SOP for the party and Trump is in large part responsible for that. They're projecting their out of control leap over the cliff into political never never land onto the Democrats by propagandizing their way into a state of mind whereby the Democrats will forever and ever be far worse than they are because no matter how radically tyrannical they become, it will always be "normal" for them to be that way.

DaaQ

Golden Member
Dec 8, 2018
Rand Paul did this in KY to hold onto his Senate seat. Changed the R primaries to Caucuses. IIRC.

Dave_5k

Golden Member
May 23, 2017
Could this help Nimrata get closer to Trump in the primaries?
Nope.

New Hampshire is her best bet. And that looks ugly even if every single DeSantis vote went to Nikki (more like 2/3 will probably go to Trump):

55 Trump, 36 Haley, 9 for everyone else combined.

Reactions: dank69

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
I just told my daughter that DeSantis dropped out. She replied, “I thought he already had.”

DeSantis tried preening as a big, mean MFer, but he was never more than a Trump asslicker. Trump’s cultists saw him as the buttsnorkeling poseur that he was. Trump’s minions see him as the biggest, baddest pitbull on the block, and that’s what they like about him. The only way you’re ever going to earn their support is by being a bigger badder pitbull. Even then, This is all a cult of personality for the today's Republicans. Ron had the personality of a rubbermaid garbage can.

• Haha
Reactions: pcgeek11

Indus

Lifer
May 11, 2002
Could this help Nimrata get closer to Trump in the primaries?

No.. you're still thinking 2012 GOP. It doesn't exist anymore.

We used to disagree with conservatives on budgetary spending and other things pre-2.

Now they want to wreck basic democracy and have everyone swear eternal loyalty to their orange god!

Nowhere enough people in the base to help Nimmy Randhawa beat Orange!

Brovane

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
Well looks like we got a rematch of Biden and Trump again for 2024. Just what this country needs.......

trenchfoot

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
A Trump/DeSantis ticket FTL. I really do wonder if Trump would pick him and if DeSantis would actually accept.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
A Trump/DeSantis ticket FTL. I really do wonder if Trump would pick him and if DeSantis would actually accept.

Would DeSantis accept? Yes. His political career is fucked.

Would Trump pick him? I really doubt it.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Trump’s minions see him as the biggest, baddest pitbull on the block, and that’s what they like about him. The only way you’re ever going to earn their support is by being a bigger badder pitbull.
So the next Republican nominee has to take Trump out to 5th ave., maybe live stream it for the cult to witness, and then claim Presidential Immunity. Yeah, that sounds about right for them.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
So the next Republican nominee has to take Trump out to 5th ave., maybe live stream it for the cult to witness, and then claim Presidential Immunity. Yeah, that sounds about right for them.
Trump's immunity claims seem to extend to just thinking about running for President. I think we all get immunity.

trenchfoot

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Would DeSantis accept? Yes. His political career is fucked.

Would Trump pick him? I really doubt it.

That pairing would be a classic case of keeping your friends close and your enemies even closer. I can see both of them side-eyeing each other daggers in hand for the entire time their alliance existed.

Also, with Trump being the misogynistic oaf that he is, it would seem Haley's chances of getting an invite from Trump even less of a possibility than DeSantis'. Although I can see Trump asking her to be his second merely for the enjoyment of mitigating her as a threat and shutting her up for four whole years.

Reactions: Fenixgoon

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
That pairing would be a classic case of keeping your friends close and your enemies even closer. I can see both of them side-eyeing each other daggers in hand for the entire time their alliance existed.

Also, with Trump being the misogynistic oaf that he is, it would seem Haley's chances of getting an invite from Trump even less of a possibility than DeSantis'. Although I can see Trump asking her to be his second merely for the enjoyment of mitigating her as a threat and shutting her up for four whole years.
you're spot on IMO