DeSantis is now into human trafficking

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
But again, you are assuming that 100% of the millions of illegal migrants who have entered illegaly will qualify.

What happens to those that don't, assuming the majority even show up for a hearing? Will Biden setup checkpoints nationwide to catch and deport millions of people?

Of course not.

Holy shit dude, do you bother to check into anything? 89% show up for their hearings.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
What happens to those that don't, assuming the majority even show up for a hearing? Will Biden setup checkpoints nationwide to catch and deport millions of people?

Various studies, even those done by DHS, say the percentage of people in asylum cases who do show up in court is at least in the high 80% range but possibly closer to the 90s.

Willfully deciding not to command the available facts here is a choice and not one that reflects well on the character of those doing this kind of theorizing.

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
But again, you are assuming that 100% of the millions of illegal migrants who have entered illegaly will qualify.

Of course not.
Shitlol

🤡 can’t find the link to an actual source that has the statistics on who shows up for their hearings.

Of course President Biden won't set up checkpoints to catch these scofflaws, he's too busy getting legislation passed that helps Americans!

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Holy shit dude, do you bother to check into anything? 89% show up for their hearings.

That's probably a lot higher than the number of Republican congress critters that comply with subpoenas.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Of course not.
I am not. I am saying that an action is not illegal until it’s ruled illegal.

Can you admit none of these people’s current status in the US is illegal and you shouldn’t have used that term? You should if you are honest.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Then why are the Democrats crying in the dumpee cities? Because they are finding out what border states have known all along, that it is expensive, time consuming and in fact unnecessary when all these illegals can apply from their country of origin or remain in Mexico.

The scam is not everyone will qualify. But who is going to round them up and send them home once they are here taking jobs and draining resources?

Send them back home and let them apply from abroad. Until then it's just a scam they are all taking advantage of by the millions thanks to our incompetent president.
So besides lying about them being “illegal” I felt we probably shouldn’t let your lie about them “draining resources” pass.

From Wiki.
“Nearly every dollar earned by undocumented immigrants is spent immediately, and the average wage for US citizens is $10.25/hour with an average of 34 hours per week. This means that approximately 8 million US jobs are dependent upon economic activity produced by undocumented immigrant activities within the US.[17][18][19] The U.S. government continues to stop immigration from Mexico even though it has done harm on wages in a number of industries. Immigrants have helped the U.S. tremendously and have created jobs for Americans and immigrants. Studies have shown that they contributed 2 trillion to the U.S. GDP in 2016 and have contributed 458.7 billion to federal taxes.”

compcons

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2004
I am not. I am saying that an action is not illegal until it’s ruled illegal.

Can you admit none of these people’s current status in the US is illegal and you shouldn’t have used that term? You should if you are honest.
This is the same crew that can't imagine Trump stealing documents and not returning them when requested is not illegal until it is proven in court and he is convicted.

Again, being a conservative has to make one's brain hurt.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
This is the same crew that can't imagine Trump stealing documents and not returning them when requested is not illegal until it is proven in court and he is convicted.

Again, being a conservative has to make one's brain hurt broken.
FTFY

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Ha, great point.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

republicans are so christ like in their behaviour
Well surely the conservatives in this thread who said they were concerned with violations of the law will now come back and support these migrants.

This is based on the assumption that their complaints were genuine and they aren’t huge liars. I’m sure they will arrive at any moment.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

Of course not.

Are you ranting about jews again?

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
Post 130 dispels your sky is falling myth straight from the horses mouth.

Let's try dealing with reality for a change.

I don't have to prove anything about sky high rents in New York City. I think enough has been written about that. And if you're not aware of this, then you really have not been paying attention.

Stop trying to wish away the truth. It never works. The financial outlook for NYC is not good. And the arrivals of thousands of migrants are straining resources and the city's budget.

New York City would face financial turmoil even without its commitment to guarantee a place in shelters for anybody who shows up. But recent events have worsened the outlook. That's not my opinion. Sadly, it just happens to be the truth.

Some of you think I am siding with Republicans. I'm not. I'm siding with the working poor, elderly and marginally surviving who already live in New York City and surrounding areas. You just want everyone to march in lockstep with you. But I never bought into your Progressive bullchit.

Very few of you have solutions, just anger. Here, get angry at real reporters who write informative pieces.

• Haha
Reactions: iRONic

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Lol was about to post something like trying to snatch up Trumps base with this shit, then the forums acted up (ddos?), then fell over this:
Bitch is creating “running for president” material, sent photographers along…
….. and treated those poor people like “dirty jews”. Disgusting.

Last edited:

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
You are conflating homelessness with immigration. Two *VERY* different problems. Sure they may have overlapping issues in some situations, but the cause is vastly different and require vastly different solutions.

Nov 29, 2006
Well surely the conservatives in this thread who said they were concerned with violations of the law will now come back and support these migrants.

This is based on the assumption that their complaints were genuine and they aren’t huge liars. I’m sure they will arrive at any moment.
Please don’t hold your breath, we’d miss you around here.

• Haha
Reactions: cytg111

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
Let's try dealing with reality for a change.

I don't have to prove anything about sky high rents in New York City. I think enough has been written about that. And if you're not aware of this, then you really have not been paying attention.

Stop trying to wish away the truth. It never works. The financial outlook for NYC is not good. And the arrivals of thousands of migrants are straining resources and the city's budget.

New York City would face financial turmoil even without its commitment to guarantee a place in shelters for anybody who shows up. But recent events have worsened the outlook. That's not my opinion. Sadly, it just happens to be the truth.

Some of you think I am siding with Republicans. I'm not. I'm siding with the working poor, elderly and marginally surviving who already live in New York City and surrounding areas. You just want everyone to march in lockstep with you. But I never bought into your Progressive bullchit.

Very few of you have solutions, just anger. Here, get angry at real reporters who write informative pieces.

I realize you’re new here but try to pay attention. This thread is about migrants basically kidnapped & dumped on an unsuspecting community.

Start a new thread on the New York City homeless if you feel the need to.

• Haha
Reactions: Lezunto

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007

Cant hurt what you dont have.

Reactions: esquared

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
Ironic,

And I'm not that new. Think you can go a full day without resorting to insults?

I've been mentioning long time New Yorkers who may be affected negatively by budget cutbacks ordered by city officials who feel they are responsible for migrants who show up in their city. I never advocated for anyone to be deported.

And there you go again. No one has been kidnapped. They might have been lied to, misdirected and encouraged to board transport under the guise of being sent to Nirvana, but no one was kidnapped. This is just more of your hyperbole.

Go get a job at Fox News. You'd be great there for as much lying and exaggerating that some of you do.

Or file a lawsuit with immigration groups and allege kidnapping.

I want all to be happy, feel secure and have enough to eat. But the way we're fighting each other all the dang time, I don't see a positive outcome for everyone.

And I am beginning to suspect that is what some of you want. To trample certain ones you just don't like.

• Haha
Reactions: pcgeek11 and iRONic

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Ironic,

I've been mentioning long time New Yorkers who may be affected negatively by budget cutbacks ordered by city officials who feel they are responsible for migrants who show up in their city. I never advocated for anyone to be deported.

And there you go again. No one has been kidnapped. They might have been lied to, misdirected and encouraged to board transport under the guise of being sent to Nirvana, but no one was kidnapped. This is just more of your hyperbole.

Go get a job at Fox News. You'd be great there for as much lying and exaggerating that some of you do.

I want all to be happy, feel secure and have enough to eat. But the way we're fighting each other all the dang time, I don't see a positive outcome for everyone.

And I am beginning to suspect that is what some of you want. To trample certain ones you just don't like.
Are you a city resident?

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Ironic,

Do you have to be gagged and bag over head for it to constitute kidnapping? Seriously, I can see this one going both ways. I think I’d call it kidnapping… false pretenses right? Like the pedo that has been sent by the kids mother to pick him up?