Deployment Orders Revoked For Soldier Who Questioned Obama Birth

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
Originally posted by: tfcmasta97
Originally posted by: Marlin1975
A World nut Daily peice, should have known...

Kalyan Rachakonda previously banned as GeneralGrievous, lordtyranus, zendari, winnar111, etc.
Kalyan Rachakonda
36 Caroline Drive
Hopewell Township, NJ 08525
(609) 333-0411

Hahaha Barry is winrar111?

Well that explains a LOT. You'd think [or hope from the bottom of your heart] that there are only a few people who can be as retarded as this guy.

Is he Butterbean too?

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
This soldier should be sent to man some far off post for the rest of his career. What a stupid premise.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: TheSkinsFan

2. Put them in jail for refusing to follow orders and kick them out of the service with a DIShonorable discharge.

We should not tolerate cowardice or mutiny within our services."

+1 :thumbsup:

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Originally posted by: Harvey

2. Put them in jail for refusing to follow orders and kick them out of the service with a DIShonorable discharge.

Harvey -

What if a soldier of equal rank refused to go to Iraq, calling it an unjust war, war of lies, et cetera?

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: MotF Bane
Originally posted by: Harvey

Harvey -

What if a soldier of equal rank refused to go to Iraq, calling it an unjust war, war of lies, et cetera?

A military person is issued orders to deploy and they are expected to obey - personal feelings should not come into play at that point.
If they were not going to serve, they should not have signed up.

The military does not allow for cherry picking decisions.

BarrySotero

Banned
Apr 30, 2009
Originally posted by: JSt0rm01
Originally posted by: Wheezer
Originally posted by: JSt0rm01
I don't even know why they post things like this. If it isn't totally apparently garbage from the start usually somebody will mad knowledge about the subject comes in and stomps the piss out of the op.

don't ya love it?

actually I do :D

Me too

SecPro

Jul 17, 2007
Originally posted by: BoberFett
When I served, nobody particularly cared for Clinton as CiC, but we didn't bad mouth him publicly. Soldiers need to respect their chain of command.

I also served when he was CinC and lots of soldiers bad mouthed him. So much so that there was a message put out by the SecDef reminding the officers that criticism of the Pres. was strictly prohibited by regulation.

BarrySotero

Banned
Apr 30, 2009
Originally posted by: Siddhartha
Originally posted by: bl4ckfl4g
Originally posted by: BarrySotero
Who makes the call on something like this - how far up the chain? The initial refusal story was carried by all MSM (it was a top story on USA Today).

"Bombshell: Orders revoked for soldier challenging prez"

Major victory for Army warrior questioning Obama's birthplace

A U.S. Army Reserve major from Florida scheduled to report for deployment
to Afghanistan within days has had his military orders revoked after arguing he should not be required to serve under a president who has not proven his eligibility for office.

His attorney, Orly Taitz, confirmed to WND the military has rescinded his impending deployment orders.

"We won! We won before we even arrived," she said with excitement. "It means that the military has nothing to show for Obama. It means that the military has directly responded by saying Obama is illegitimate ? and they cannot fight it. Therefore, they are revoking the order!"

She continued, "They just said, 'Order revoked.' No explanation. No reasons ? just revoked."

A hearing on the questions raised by Maj. Stefan Frederick Cook, an engineer who told WND he wants to serve his country in Afghanistan, was scheduled for July 16 at 9:30 a.m.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=104009

I don't get what part about this is interesting. I've had many TDY and PCS orders changed or cancelled for no reason. Even if one of his bosses is pissed at what he said, I still don't get why it is interesting. CINC is his boss. It is a little different in the military than it is for civilians.

So what is the interesting part?

....or it could be that his bosses don't think a conspiracy theorist idiot has the judgement needed to command troops in a war zone. Pretty smart of his Commanders if that is the case.

The OP does not like Mr Obama. He will pretty much post anything that even remotely makes Mr Obama look bad.

Mr Obama does a good enough job of making himself look bad - its just that a third of the country doesn't see it.

Besides, I wasn't in the military and was genuinely curious who would make the decision in this case. Was it Department of Defense - a local base? I would be curious to know.

Keep in mind it's many military members who pay a lot of attention to Obama's birth issues. Soldiers take an oath not to the president but to the Constitution. Since Obama floated a photo of a fake certificate of live birth on Daily Kos (his fathers "Race" was listed as "African" which is a joke since "African" is not a race and it would have been "Negro" back then) and his school registration in Indonesia said he is Indonesian (and he went to Pakistan when US passports were banned) there is fair reason for these people to question Obama. Don't forget McCain was investigated by the Senate.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Well, that's the end of the Major's career progression. But for those saying he didn't want to deploy, he's already deployed repeatedly into combat under President Bush. He just doesn't want to serve under President Obama.

Uhtrinity

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2003

Mr Obama does a good enough job of making himself look bad - its just that a third of the country doesn't see it.

i think you meant Bush with that 1/3 comment .... Obama is closer to 2/3.

But I wouldn't expect a user going by BarrySotero to acknowledge that. You seem to have picked this user name based on the whole birth certificate / Obama is Muslim issue.

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
Wow, people still believe that crap? Even worse they still think perpetuating it will have ANY effect? No wonder our country has been going down the tubes for so long. We really are sheep.

BarrySotero

Banned
Apr 30, 2009
Originally posted by: Uhtrinity

But I wouldn't expect a user going by BarrySotero to acknowledge that. You seem to have picked this user name based on the whole birth certificate / Obama is Muslim issue.

I have always maintained Obama is not a Muslim - or a Christian. Obama is a Marxist and atheist and he feels comfy in black liberation church because lib theology is Marxism in disguise. The fact black lib theology also supports resentment toward whites and reparations as re-distribution of wealth suits Obama just fine.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005

I have always maintained Obama is not a Muslim - or a Christian. Obama is a Marxist and atheist and he feels comfy in black liberation church because lib theology is Marxism in disguise. The fact black lib theology also supports resentment toward whites and reparations as re-distribution of wealth suits Obama just fine.

You need help :cookie:

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003

That sentiment probably has Marx himself spinning in his grave. Are you for real? Did you read any of what you wrote before hitting the submit button? I can't even detect a glimmer of rational thought that went into that statement...

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006

HAHAHAHAHHA

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
When I served, nobody particularly cared for Clinton as CiC, but we didn't bad mouth him publicly. Soldiers need to respect their chain of command.

This nation's divisions make it a boiling pot. Each decade our disdain for one another reaches new heights. Civility is becoming short on supply. It's a wonder it hasn't reached violent levels yet.

BarrySotero

Banned
Apr 30, 2009
Originally posted by: Jaskalas

This nation's divisions make it a boiling pot. Each decade our disdain for one another reaches new heights. Civility is becoming short on supply. It's a wonder it hasn't reached violent levels yet.

It's because there has been enough money, bread and circuses etc to keep people stuck in their creature comforts. Just watch when the money/jobs dry up and Obama is stuffing illegals into union jobs (which he said he wanted to do to "protect" them) after setting them up with amnesty. It's all a commin Jaskalas - and Obama won't be that sorry about it either - he likes crisis.

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
Wait, I just re-read this and he basically says they have no authority over him... Can anyone possibly think it would be a good idea to send him to a warzone after saying something like that? He's not just a grunt either he's an officer that would be directly responsible for other peoples lives as well.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Back on topic

Senior Anandtech Moderator
Common Courtesy

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Just shows that they, as well as the OP are partisan hacks.

actually, partisan hack would be a step up from blatant troll, which is where he currently resides.

As to the 'soldier', after this suit, the army would be insane to deploy him. You don't give this guy a gun and set him loose, he'd probably kill fellow soldiers and claim Obama put something in his canteen to make him delusional.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
This gets very interesting now

No, it doesn't.

You don't need to try and dig up conspiracy theories to find fault with the Obama administration. He was born in HI. These are the kinds of stupid arguments that keep people from debating the real issues at hand. Wars, the economy, heath care, these are what need to be debated. Crackpot conspiracy theories attacking Obama have the opposite intended effect.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: bamacre
This gets very interesting now

No, it doesn't.

You don't need to try and dig up conspiracy theories to find fault with the Obama administration. He was born in HI. These are the kinds of stupid arguments that keep people from debating the real issues at hand. Wars, the economy, heath care, these are what need to be debated. Crackpot conspiracy theories attacking Obama have the opposite intended effect.

Isn't dat da truth. Now I will never admit there is anything even slightly wrong with Obama and all because of this crack pot thread.