Dentist that ran over husband. Your thoughts on the case?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

brxndxn

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2001
I don't see why the sanctity of marraige has been given so little attention...

I swear.. if my wife (I never plan on getting married) - my life-long significant other - cheated on me, and I saw it, I would probby pull an OJ too. It's a human reaction - left over from animals. Protect what is yours. A wife/husband is YOURS.

I'm sorry.. but I could care less about the husband. Fvck him. I know I will never do something like he did. People like him are scum. It's easy enough to get a divorce.

She should get maybe 10 years probation - and serve no jail time. The kind of behavior of the husband ruins lives.

LH

Golden Member
Feb 16, 2002
IMHO its clearly murder one.

She knew what he was doing well beforehand. She knew where he was. She went there with the purpose of killing him. The comments she made earlier in that day, clearly make it premeditated. She should be put on death row.

katka

Jun 19, 2001
HIS mother is supporting her, so if his mother doesn't feel like she should be charged with murder then she shouldn't. This reminds me of the Texas case where the mother drowned her 5 children. The people most affected by the crime (her husband and her family) only wanted her to get the help she so badly needs, but she was to their disappointment jailed for 40 years to life.

These cases are prosecuted so severly because of publicity.Obviously, murder IS the most serious crime, but there are sometimes circumstances that make some cases different.

A divorce should have been what a wife does to a cheating husband.

LH

Golden Member
Feb 16, 2002
There ARE NO circumstances in this case, big f'in deal he was banging another women that give her no right to kill him. She ran over her husband in COLD BLOOD, WITH his daughter in the car. She knew what he was doing, she knew where he was. She went their with the intent to kill, and she was sick enough to have the daughter in the call.

Do you think his daughter wants this wench to get off? I doubt it. The law is the law, this women IMHO committed murder 1. Not only did she say at one point she could kill him and get off, but she ran over him 3 times, each time she circled around.

The dead guy is the victim, the daughter is the victim, and all these womens rights groups(and you) say she doesnt deserve a murder conviction BULLSHIT.

She wont be convicted though, 9 women, 3 men are on the jury. Its hung from the get go.

katka

Jun 19, 2001
There ARE NO circumstances in this case, big f'in deal he was banging another women that give her no right to kill him. She ran over her husband in COLD BLOOD, WITH his daughter in the car. She knew what he was doing, she knew where he was. She went their with the intent to kill, and she was sick enough to have the daughter in the call.

Do you think his daughter wants this wench to get off? I doubt it. The law is the law, this women IMHO committed murder 1. Not only did she say at one point she could kill him and get off, but she ran over him 3 times, each time she circled around.

The dead guy is the victim, the daughter is the victim, and all these womens rights groups(and you) say she doesnt deserve a murder conviction BULLSHIT.

She wont be convicted though, 9 women, 3 men are on the jury. Its hung from the get go.

I agree that she should NOT have done this, but I do think that there are circumstances. She was at home raising his children, being a faithful wife and he is out cheating. I see that she snapped, this would not be the average person's reaction though, and that is why I think that it might just fly. I don't know what the daughter thinks I have not heard anything about her opinion. If the daughter wants her charged with murder then I agree she should be charged then.

911paramedic

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002
I just saw the video of her running over her on the Early Show. Where the husband was, the view was obstructed by a tall skinny tree. You could see the car bounching up (like if she were jumping a curb) at the exact same spot each time she circled around. She was driving fast, and making tight circles...

It's only a matter of time before somebody catches this and uploads the video.

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Many of you are commenting on her position as a dentist, and her wealth, and how that shouldn't protect her.

If anything, she should be punished more harshly. From what I've seen of the dentists, doctors and other medical professionals I know (in my family, close friends), they're generally very self-restrained, trained to be cool-headed and not react to provocation or let their emotions take hold of them.

Her behavior sounds like that of a person with serious psychological issues. Who TF runs over someone (anyone, much less the father) three times with their kid in the car? I know that I sure as hell wouldn't want her as my dentist.

I'm curious as to why the husband's parents want the children to stay with her when THE DAUGHTER SAW HER KILL HER FATHER.

Ime

Diamond Member
May 3, 2001
She's guilty. So what if it's a "crime of passion"? She deserves to go to jail.

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Why is there special treatment for crimes of passion? I mean, if that kind of criminal gets off and gets into another relationship and kills another when it ends, isn't that kind of stupid?

rufruf44

Platinum Member
May 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Zakath15

I'm curious as to why the husband's parents want the children to stay with her when THE DAUGHTER SAW HER KILL HER FATHER.

Just confirming there're lots of crazy ppl out there. She deserves nothing less than life or the needle. Time to show that you can't commit murder and then plead insanity to save your ass.

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Woman Charged With Running Over Husband Sobs in Courtroom
  • ...she began sobbing when prosecutor Mia Magness began asking a medical examiner about injuries depicted in the photos.

"We're not going to have any outbursts during testimony," District Judge Carol Davies said after Harris began crying uncontrollably, burying her head in her arms on the defense table.
Oh, boo-hoo. If this woman was so mistreated, why didn't she just leave? I'll NEVER figure this out! :confused:

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Second degree murder IMO. She was just pised off and did what many woman wish they could do to the bigger sex, the guy was an asshole.

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
First degree, premeditated. Any less and she's getting off easy. The guy is dead, she deserves the same. No reason why she couldn't have just left him... NONE!

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
I thought premeditated you had to plan it out.... Something like this.

Manslaughter- a person throughs a beer bottle in a bar and it hits someone killing them w/o intent
2nd degree murder- a person gets in a fight and hits someone upside the head with a beer bottle killing them
1st degree- someone comes in the bar looking for someone with the beer bottle and hit them killing them

This case is clearly 2nd degree, she was slighted for another woman outside the hotel and made an instant decision to kill or maime him with her car. Sounds like a crime of passion to me. Plus she seems really remoresful which goes a long way to me.