dems want to take your guns

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
And our fishin' poles! And table salt! At least the Republicans only want to peek into our bedrooms and tell us who we can marry.

Thankfully this state law proposal by a few Dems (Dims?) in Missouri will go nowhere, just like many of the bigoted or anti-science laws proposed by Republican extremists in other states.

Last edited:

bdunosk

Sep 26, 2000
Too bad we can't kick out the lot. I'm tired of being told what's good for me.

sigurros81

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2010
And our fishin' poles! And table salt! At least the Republicans only want to peek into our bedrooms and tell us who we can marry.

Thankfully this state law proposal by a few Dems (Dims?) in Missouri will go nowhere, just like many of the bigoted or anti-science laws proposed by Republican extremists in other states.

:thumbsup:

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Yes, but in fairness those assault weapons can be given to drug cartels or the Muslim Brotherhood, so they'll have good homes.

Title should really say "Missouri Democrats".

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
I thought conservatives liked states having the power to make their own laws.
Only laws about who can touch whom with what. And laws to make sure no one does anything icky in public. Or in private. And to make sure -

Um, never mind. The list of exceptions would bring the Internet to its knees, and not in that good donkey-fellating-for-Israel way.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
Republicans outnumber Democrats 2-1 in the MO House. So this is purely a symbolic gesture and has zero chance of ever becoming law.

Don't let that diminish your outrage or anything, though.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Republicans outnumber Democrats 2-1 in the MO House. So this is purely a symbolic gesture and has zero chance of ever becoming law.

So the Democrats are advancing a purely symbolic bill to take your guns? Are they really that stupid?

Did Todd Akin secretly switch parties? :D

jackschmittusa

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
Well there you have it! The Republicans do not have a monopoly on stupid laws.

The stupid disparity is still large though.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
I'm surprised they even have democrats in Missouri let alone democrats who would propose crazy like this..

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008

So a law being pushed by Democrats only counts or matters if it can be passed?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Too bad we can't kick out the lot. I'm tired of being told what's good for me.

I'm tired of the fact that you need to be, as indicated by your announcement of fatigue. This is a reference to the oft noted fact that folk want to be free but irresponsible with their freedom prompting others to want to tie them up before they hurt somebody.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

While practicality agrees with you, there is something to be said for the mentality that leads our representatives to bring these sorts of measures forward. If ridiculous laws that get proposed aren't mocked, there is a danger of them silently gaining support due to a lack of "outrage."

There seems to be plenty of left-wing outrage on this forum anytime some whackjob Republican trots out an anti-abortion law even if it has no chance of being enacted.

Is it considered outrage to contact your representative and tell them not to support a bill? How is that any different than mocking said bill in a public forum? Fact is, this "outrage" that you deride is an important part of democracy.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
While practicality agrees with you, there is something to be said for the mentality that leads our representatives to bring these sorts of measures forward. If ridiculous laws that get proposed aren't mocked, there is a danger of them silently gaining support due to a lack of "outrage."

Hey, rage all you want.

I'm just saying that this is more of a way of expressing frustration or nose-thumbing than a serious proposal.

Both sides do it.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Hey, rage all you want.

I'm just saying that this is more of a way of expressing frustration or nose-thumbing than a serious proposal.

Both sides do it.

And I hate both sides with a passion. It's too bad more people don't take politicians on both sides to task for these kinds of shenanigans. It makes a mockery of politics. And since politics is already a mockery of... reality, that's really saying something.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Yet another silly rage thread about guns and the fear felt by those who think people are coming to take them. Just as lame as the silly rage threads about guns and the fear felt by those who have never shot one.

runzwithsizorz

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2002

There seems to be plenty of left-wing outrage on this forum anytime some whackjob Republican trots out an anti-abortion law even if it has no chance of being enacted.

Is it considered outrage to contact your representative and tell them not to support a bill? How is that any different than mocking said bill in a public forum? Fact is, this "outrage" that you deride is an important part of democracy.

WELL SAID! I have seen in the past a bill get re-introduced, watered down,
re-worded, untrue stats used, shady campaigns, and marketing year after year until finally it slips through. I think it's important that our dear leaders
know right at the mere notion, -- DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!!!

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Yet another silly rage thread about guns and the fear felt by those who think people are coming to take them. Just as lame as the silly rage threads about guns and the fear felt by those who have never shot one.

Just like silly rage threads about women having to get ultrasounds before an abortion, right?

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
WELL SAID! I have seen in the past a bill get re-introduced, watered down,
re-worded, untrue stats used, shady campaigns, and marketing year after year until finally it slips through. I think it's important that our dear leaders
know right at the mere notion, -- DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!!!
I had not thought about that aspect, but that's a good point. Seconded.

Just like silly rage threads about women having to get ultrasounds before an abortion, right?
I hate those laws too. If a woman wanting an abortion is too stupid to know she's killing a baby unless she can see it's picture, do we really want her breeding? Seems like a win-win to me. Well, maybe not so much for the unborn baby. But I have confidence that G-d can take care of the unborn. At least, now that Limbo has been canceled.

Sure hope everyone was promoted . . .