Democrats could be in for a thumping in November

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
You reliably post this Rasmussen crap once or twice a week, no one cares about it Rasmussen Nick.

Since you failed to address my point, fuckface ayabe, I'll repeat myself:

"He cited realclearpolitic averages for the basis of my quoted part, as I already stated(although your dumbass probably just cant fucking read). Whatever though, just brush it off and slap a label on me. That will make it all better for you. "

Try again, fuckface ayabe

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
We can all only hope that this nightmarish mistake of 2008 will be somewhat contained in 2010.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
"I don't care about polls" - George W. Bush

It's too bad doing the right thing doesn't always get you the votes it should, whether you're Republican or Democrat

SammyJr

Golden Member
Feb 27, 2008
Keep saying that.

Hopefully Paul Ryan will run... one of the most realistic politicians I've seen in a long time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kpt83xV-b08

http://www.roadmap.republicans.budget.house.gov/

If he gets his plans through, the Republicans can kiss goodbye one of their major voting blocks. Seniors love their Medicare, so much that a Tea Bagger was heard to remark, "Keep Gub'mint Outta Muh Medicare." Vouchers will just increase costs and funnel money to insurance CEOs - the latter being the whole point of vouchers, of course.

Remember, the terrorism nonsense works on the scared 40 something soccer mom set, but the old folks will vote out the guys who hit their pocketbooks directly.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Redistricting is coming up. If the repubs do well in November then the redrawn lines should help them more in 2012.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
Hey so how's the Angle-Reid election you and spidey punked out of betting on going for you btw? That "guarantee" still looking good? God, really wish you didn't punk out of that one, that would have been an easy $10,000.

lol.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Who cares? The prize is not worth winning. R's are not loved, and any gains will be made mostly on frustration w/ Dems.

R's already have admitted they have no ideas to fix the economy, and the few they've offered are mostly bad, useless or will add massively to the deficit. Unemployment will remain high, as will voter anger, and there is nothing DC can/will do to stop it.

This may be a big gift to the Dem/Obama for the future. R's will have bigger minorities, maybe take the house, but will not be able to do anything substantial. They will take more blame for the continuing mess as they will have a share of govt.

Obama has already passed a massive amt of his agenda, and they won't be able to undo it.
-Financial Reform
-Healthcare Reform
-Credit Card Reform
-DADT (pretty much anyway)

He won't get much from Immigration likely, nor Climate Change, oh well. If Dems are smart they will do something with the Bush tax cuts, such as keep the middle class and lower cuts, while let the high end cuts expire and aid the deficit. R's won't be able to go back and reopen the issue and get something actually passed, tho their fatcat supporters will push them to try.

What R's will be expected to deal with in 2011:

-High Budget Deficit & the Deficit Commission Recc's
--Entitlement cuts in SS, raising retirement age
--military spending cuts
--likely tax increases
-War in Afghan (a fking unpopular mess)
-Continued high unemployment
-Immigration

They will quite possibly lose some high profile races due to Pea Tardy extremists. So they will be torn in supporting their activists, and ignoring them as they cost them votes.

Since much of his agenda is passed, Obama will get to:

-blast congress for spending
-push budget cuts, blast Congress/R's when they don't pass them
-get to veto lots of stuff Rs want
-look quite reasonable and moderate compared to Rep nutjobs
-Still control the senate, where lots of the important shit happens anyway, like SCOTUS nominees
->Set himself up nicely going into 2012.

Have fun being deputy mayor of Shitsville boys.

Last edited:

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
It ain't over 'til it's over. I'm sure the Dem's have got a lot of rabbits to pull out of their hats. The last line of defense is their operatives they've gotten elected to Secretary of State in various states. They count the votes.

You guys read about the bullshit going on with ballots for service people?

DOJ Accused of Stalling on MOVE Act for Voters in Military

The Dems started this big time in 2000 when they sent an army of lawyers into Florida to preemptively challenge military ballots. Nothing has changed except that when light is cast on this practice, the Dems are required to give a bit of lip service to military members' voting rights for political reasons.

Four big 'IF's here. First, this is the generic ballot. So far the Republicans have not attempted to nationalize the election (read: Contract With America) and the Democrats are running away from themselves as fast as possible, so I'm not sure how much relevance can be found in the generic ballot poll. Second, many Democrat voters can't be reached for telephone polls - they don't have phones, they don't speak English, they are away visiting Chavez and Castro, they are in jail, they are in government, or they just plain don't exist except on election day. Third, the Democrats have a huge advantage in money, both in money on hand and in their ultra-rich donor base. Money has a big effect in politics, especially in lower profile elections. And fourth, to date we've seen no concrete evidence that the Republicans have learned anything from 2006 and 2008. We could well end up electing a Republican Congress and find we're merely driving off the cliff at a slightly slower pace. Worse, the Republicans might actually spend MORE, thinking that America rejected the Democrats not for the level of spending but for its liberal bent. With the notable exception of the Republican Congress under Clinton, each newly altered Congress tends to outspend the last. There may well be a big jump between electing a Republican Congress and D.C. actually getting more responsible.

Most of the budget is either legally mandated or politically too hot to significantly cut. With Congress borrowing half of what they spend, I'm not at all sure how a party change is going to make an appreciable difference fiscally, and I've yet to see anything substantial from the Pubbies on exactly how they propose to extract us from this mess (for which they are also partially responsible; things didn't just go to hell starting in 2007, there is a framework of decades of bipartisan action that got us here.) Don't get me wrong, I'll be at least tentatively happy to have a Republican Congress, I just don't see many really significant changes in having one. Still, no more Kagans or Sotomayors would be worth it.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Hey so how's the Angle-Reid election you and spidey punked out of betting on going for you btw? That "guarantee" still looking good? God, really wish you didn't punk out of that one, that would have been an easy $10,000.

lol.

I'm guessing you won't get much of a response on this one. :)

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Maybe if there was such thing as a generic Republican, they would win, the problem for GOP is they got a bunch of rightwing nuts running.

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002

Sure you will. Look up the thread he is talking about, you will see how big of a fool First made himself out to be. Its pretty funny actually.

*edit*

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2081525&highlight=angle

There it is.

I first said 50.

First said 50 was too cheap, make it 250

I made it 250

First said 250 was too cheap, make it 500

I made it 500

First said 500 was too cheap, make it 1k

I made it 1k

First said 1k was too cheap, make it 5k

and when I wouldnt bet 5k, First runs around in the thread as if he won. What a fucking tard

Last edited:

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
And you gave a post I would expect from you. Dive into the thread and call me some names. Awesome :thumbsup: Just what I expected

I see you running around on this forum acting like a cheerleader - what else can be said really? At least I don't get unglued like you do and call people names that aren't justified.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
No matter how bad things get for the Dems, it's still going to come down to the candidates that the Repubs can field. I think that's an unanswered question (or maybe I just don't know enough, or care enough to follow all the various races in all the states).

Fern

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
I see you running around on this forum acting like a cheerleader - what else can be said really? At least I don't get unglued like you do and call people names that aren't justified.

I see you running around this forum acting like a fucking idiot as well. I guess we both see what we want to see. Talk about unglued? You are the one that jumped into the thread calling names before anyone else. Look in the mirror bud

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
I see you running around this forum acting like a fucking idiot as well. I guess we both see what we want to see. Talk about unglued? You are the one that jumped into the thread calling names before anyone else. Look in the mirror bud

If what I'm saying is unjustified, show me why - all you know how to do is curse at other people whenever your feelings are hurt. I just find hackery to be repugnant and worse than the sort of name calling I engaged in. You have a history of coming apart at the seems on this forum, cursing at and threatening others.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002

What's funny is that he truly believes in his mind that the conversation went the way he believes it did when the reality quite plainly shows he punked out of the last two bets, actually, both him and spidey eventually only wanted to go $500.

Btw, a direct quote from the thread from little nicky: "Anyone that thinks Reid will win is a loon."

lmao.