Democrats could be in for a thumping in November

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...se_democrats_head_for_a_thumping_at_the_polls

He raises some good points:

"To see why, take a look at the generic ballot question: Which party's candidate will you vote for in elections to the House? The current realclearpolitics.com average shows Republicans ahead by 45 percent to 41 percent. Ten of this month's 15 opinion polls asking the question had Republicans ahead; Democrats led in four (twice by 1 percent), and one poll showed a tie.

Keep in mind that the generic ballot question historically has tended to under-predict Republican performance in off-year elections. Gallup has been asking the question since 1950 and has shown Republicans leading only in two cycles, 1994 and 2002, and then by less than the 7 and 5 points by which they won the popular vote for the House in those years"

Time will tell, but its looking pretty grim for (D)'s

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
With congress and the white house pissing off the majority of The People every single day is it any surprise?

To sum up Bill...It's the economy stupid.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
Either way the country is going to be in the crapper for some time. R's, D's - same shit.

khon

Golden Member
Jun 8, 2010
There's probably some truth to that, but it's also worth keeping in mind that Rasmussen is infamous for always oversampling conservatives.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
It's of marginal importance, but the country has been increasingly let down by both parties, it hardly matters who's pouring sh*t over them. A tiny victory in seeing the most recent idiots put out of work but of little consolation in the grand scheme. I think the best structured US government one now is a president who's party has no power in congress so that the absolute minimum of lobbyist-sport-fvcked laws can get on the books. I wonder if they should just have a moratorium on any new legislation passed for 10 years and then a generic vote at the end by all US citizens to see if they liked it.

khon

Golden Member
Jun 8, 2010
I think the best structured US government one now is a president who's party has no power in congress so that the absolute minimum of lobbyist-sport-fvcked laws can get on the books.

Problem is that's not how it works. The true ideologues tend to be on the wings, while the middle is made up of people with fewer hard convictions, thus the few laws both parties can agree upon are usually the ones that are lobbied most heavily.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Your house is on fire, and the fire department can't save much of it, so you vote the Arsonist who started the fire in as fire chief.

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
house elections are local/regional so national poll results aren't necessarily relevant.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Your house is on fire, and the fire department can't save much of it, so you vote the Arsonist who started the fire in as fire chief.

More correctly you kick out the democrats sitting there pouring gasoline on it all the while you are screaming at them to knock it off.

Then you get the guy who put a bomb in the form of healthcare in the middle of it, Obama.

We The People have a plan on how to stop this. And We The People are targeting with our vote and our money. We The People shall prevail and WE WILL STOP obama.

teabagtag

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
I am not making any predictions, but for the money the GOP is dumping into California,
the dems of Boxer and Brown still are ahead in the polls.

In short Nick, don't count your chickens before they hatch.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
It ain't over 'til it's over. I'm sure the Dem's have got a lot of rabbits to pull out of their hats. The last line of defense is their operatives they've gotten elected to Secretary of State in various states. They count the votes.

You guys read about the bullshit going on with ballots for service people?

DOJ Accused of Stalling on MOVE Act for Voters in Military

So you're saying that a law passed by a majority Democrat Congress and signed by a Democrat President isn't being enforced because those Democrats don't want the law to be in existence? You do realize you're an idiot right? I mean, you're not Spidey level loony tunes, I'd never go that far. But it's ridiculous. The over-sensationalized article is trying to claim ridiculous things because simply there's an option for states that can't comply with the law to get a waiver only if they can show why they reasonibly can't comply.

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
Rasmussen Nick strikes again.

He cited realclearpolitic averages for the basis of my quoted part, as I already stated(although your dumbass probably just cant fucking read). Whatever though, just brush it off and slap a label on me. That will make it all better for you.

Just keep saying it in your head ayabe:

"Democrats will not be beat in November"

Keep saying it and eventually you will believe it.

Last edited:

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
hows is that when the best person they got is Palin? Yeah... she's really doing your party a favor!

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
I am not making any predictions, but for the money the GOP is dumping into California,
the dems of Boxer and Brown still are ahead in the polls.

In short Nick, don't count your chickens before they hatch.

I have not yet counted them. In my OP I said time will tell.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
He cited realclearpolitic averages for the basis of my quoted part. Whatever though, just brush it off

You reliably post this Rasmussen crap once or twice a week, no one cares about it Rasmussen Nick.

What are you coffee boy over there or something trying to drive up page clicks? Is that your homepage? What gives?