Democrats Are Obsessed With Impeachment

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Yet you are upset. It sounds like you've got it in the bag.

Duh, the impeachment is a fabrication by Democrats. Read that over and over real slow until you get it.

So the inference is that the lawsuit will tie up the House to the extent that they won't be able to accomplish anything else? There are over 340 bills that came out of the House sitting on Harry Reid's desk collecting dust. It appears that the House can do their jobs very, very well under Republican leadership. The Senate under Democrat leadership - not so much.

I find the thought processes of progz like yourself fascinating. One part crazy, one part adolescent, one part emo mixed together with a heaping dose of perceived superiority. The end result is always the same. Wrong, but indignant proclamations of righteousness. We're going to reach a time in this nation where we will no longer be able to humor these illogical thinking processes. I hope we come to that point before it's too late. Logic must supersede emotion.

Let me get your argument right:

I am the crazed emotional adolescent for thinking the following GOP plans are stupid ideas:
  1. Shut down the govt (done!)
  2. default on the national debt ( damn! close, stopped by those dem votes)
  3. sue the president, spend a month to figure out why, decide it's for something you wanted ( in progress)
  4. impeach the dem president, again, when all the other bullets in the chamber have missed (???)
  5. Operation Whozeewhatsitnow: democrats control Sarah Palin and the right wing noise machine. We never said impeachment, never!

K.

Kudos to the inference tho. But no. The house GOP is fully capable of accomplishing nothing all by themselves.

Last edited:

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Impeach Obama on the grounds that ObamaCare is Socilalism, and that people are no longer free to make health care decisions.

-John

Sshhhh comrade! They are on to our plans! Fall back. Radio D HQ, ABORT ABORT! Repeat, abort, the Kenyan has left the madrasa, abort!

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Let me get your argument right:

I am the crazed emotional adolescent for thinking the following GOP plans are stupid ideas:
  1. Shut down the govt (done!)
    Could have been avoided with a simple mandate delay. But hay, the Obamacare website was ready to go right?
  2. default on the national debt ( damn! close, stopped by those dem votes)
    Propoganda Bullshit.
  3. sue the president, spend a month to figure out why, decide it's for something you wanted ( in progress)
  4. impeach the dem president, again, when all the other bullets in the chamber have missed (???)Is there a motion to Impeach?
  5. Operation Whozeewhatsitnow: democrats control Sarah Palin and the right wing noise machine. We never said impeachment, never!You know you are grasping at straws if you have to bring up Palin.

K.

Kudos to the inference tho. But no. The house GOP is fully capable of accomplishing nothing all by themselves.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Nice link, except Boehner never actually says "Impeach Obama? We Never Said That!" so the title is bullshit. Claim someone said something they never did and then debate about it. Good job.

Are you actually trying to argue Boehner has control over his party? Especially in the same week he was just run over by his own party on the immigration bill? Just like how many other times now on big issues? Plan B, grand bargain, govt shut down, this lawsuit, etc etc.

Or does the GOP not remember the internet never forgets? That link has nearly 5 solid minutes of quotes from elected GOP officials and prominent conservative activists. It's hardly the compendium either.

But hey, Rove says it's stupid to talk (more) about impeachment, for the next 97 days at least until the midterms are over.

After that? Well, the house whip refuses to take impeachment of the table....

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Are you actually trying to argue Boehner has control over his party? Especially in the same week he was just run over by his own party on the immigration bill? Just like how many other times now on big issues? Plan B, grand bargain, govt shut down, this lawsuit, etc etc.

Or does the GOP not remember the internet never forgets? That link has nearly 5 solid minutes of quotes from elected GOP officials and prominent conservative activists. It's hardly the compendium either.

But hey, Rove says it's stupid to talk (more) about impeachment, for the next 97 days at least until the midterms are over.

After that? Well, the house whip refuses to take impeachment of the table....

Right, 5 solid minutes none of which have Boehner saying "Impeach Obama? We Never Said That!" And I made no mention that Boehner has control or no control over his party, that's just like what you Liberals love to claim. Claim someone said something they didn't and then tell them about how wrong they are.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
GOP shut down the government to delay Obamacare mandate, now suing Obama for delaying it. But we are supposed to believe them when they say no impeachment? Republicans are not in control of their own mental faculties, much less of their caucus. These people are deranged, but we are supposed to treat them as rational?

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
GOP shut down the government to delay Obamacare mandate, now suing Obama for delaying it. But we are supposed to believe them when they say no impeachment? Republicans are not in control of their own mental faculties, much less of their caucus. These people are deranged, but we are supposed to treat them as rational?

You don't even see the irony do you? Dems were so insistent that the mandates be in place and not delayed. So insistent that they let the Gov shut down over it. Remember, the last debt ceiling version that went to the Senate before the shutdown only had a mandate delay. Reid refused to look at it. Now Obama whips out the ole' pen and decides he has the authority to do what everyone insisted must not be done months earlier.

Last edited:

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
You don't even see the irony do you? Dems were so insistent that the mandates be in place and not delayed. So insistent that they let the Gov shut down over it. Remember, the last debt ceiling version that went to the Senate before the shutdown only had a mandate delay. Reid refused to look at it. Now Obama whips out the ole' pen and decides he has the authority to do what everyone insisted must not be done months earlier.

GOP shut the government down to try to delay the ACA, knowing that they didn't have the votes to pass the change they wanted through the Senate, or get it past the presidential veto. Now they are suing Obama for delaying it. Like I said, they are deranged and incapable of controlling their own mental faculties, and with the types of candidates getting past GOP primaries, it's surprising they are still in control of their bowel movements. They need to be put out to pasture to do some self reflection and learn how to behave responsibly, not given more power.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
GOP shut the government down to try to delay the ACA, knowing that they didn't have the votes to pass the change they wanted through the Senate, or get it past the presidential veto. Now they are suing Obama for delaying it. Like I said, they are deranged and incapable of controlling their own mental faculties, and with the types of candidates getting past GOP primaries, it's surprising they are still in control of their bowel movements. They need to be put out to pasture to do some self reflection and learn how to behave responsibly, not given more power.

Rewording what you said doesn't make it any less Ironic. Turns out we didn't need to delay the mandate, the business one anyways, Obama has done a good enough job of that past midterms.

Oct 30, 2004
I believe Clinton was impeached for perjury and obstruction of justice, those are serious crimes if you're a pleb. Also, they should have added an additional charge for setting sex ed and English back a number of decades.

Go figure.

Clinton gets a blow job and spooges on a dress, then misleads a court during a legal proceeding.

Bush and his Administration deliberately lie about WMDs, get thousands of Americans killed, destabilize Iraq, and cost the nation trillions of dollars and don't get impeached but rather get praised by Republicans.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Rewording what you said doesn't make it any less Ironic. Turns out we didn't need to delay the mandate, the business one anyways, Obama has done a good enough job of that past midterms.

Yep, turns out you shut down the government and cost the US its credit rating for nothing. But you want to be trusted with more responsibility and power.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Yep, turns out you shut down the government and cost the US its credit rating for nothing. But you want to be trusted with more responsibility and power.

Turns out the Dems insisted the mandate not be delayed for nothing as well. Even more ironic is you bringing up trust regarding the ACA. It wasn't the Republicans that promised you could keep your doctor, or your hospital or your insurance plan PERIOD Or save the average family $2500/year on their premiums.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
What were you fighting for? "Nothing".

GOP did not have the votes to delay Obamacare, so they figured they could blackmail the Democrats into supporting them by threatening the economy. That's how terrorists act, not responsible parties.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003

Rather amazing isn't it?

Whenever I hear something that makes me a little somber, I just have to think of GOP antics from the last 6 years and voila, there's my smile. Useless and expensive wastes of time and money for election year grandstanding by people who were already told via several elections "No thanks," but do it anyway, repeatedly, all the while bitching about wasteful spending from the other side.

I'm amazed people vote for these idiots, moreso than others voting for other idiots. The disconnect from reality is something to behold.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Rather amazing isn't it?

Whenever I hear something that makes me a little somber, I just have to think of GOP antics from the last 6 years and voila, there's my smile. Useless and expensive wastes of time and money for election year grandstanding by people who were already told via several elections "No thanks," but do it anyway, repeatedly, all the while bitching about wasteful spending from the other side.

I'm amazed people vote for these idiots, moreso than others voting for other idiots. The disconnect from reality is something to behold.

The problem is their congressional districts are so Gerrymandered, they don't care what the people overall think. They feel so safe about the general elections, it's all about getting through the primaries. And in primaries, it's the most rabid partisans who turn out to vote.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
The problem is their congressional districts are so Gerrymandered, they don't care what the people overall think. They feel so safe about the general elections, it's all about getting through the primaries. And in primaries, it's the most rabid partisans who turn out to vote.

More irony. Caring about what the people think. That's why almost every poll at the time and even today says the people didn't want the ACA yet Dems passed it anyways.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
More irony. Caring about what the people think. That's why almost every poll at the time and even today says the people didn't want the ACA yet Dems passed it anyways.

Only 30% want it repealed and replaced, 60% want it improved.
http://www.pollingreport.com/health.htm

Which would you rather see your representative in Congress do when it comes to the health care law? They should work to improve the law. They should work to repeal the law and replace it with something else." Options rotated

Improve Repeal,replace Neither/0Other (vol.) Unsure/Refused
% % % %

7/15-21/14

60 35 2 2

GOP keeps voting for repeal though. Replacement is still nothing but a vague promise.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net

I get emails from my Congressman at least every two weeks that include questionnaires on the current issues.