Democratic Primary Poll (Formerly Warren or Gabbard)

Page 18 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Warren or Gabbard

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I don’t get the Booker hate, appears to be a decent guy. Yes some of his pharma votes are disturbing but come on he is a human, he is supposed to make tough decision.
It was not a tough decision for anyone not beholden to the pharmaceutical industry.

Nov 8, 2012
Now that the debates are eliminating folks it's starting to get a bit juicy. Booker out is good - but I've noticed Warren has been slipping in the polls lately. Bernie has been climbing more along with Booty

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Now that the debates are eliminating folks it's starting to get a bit juicy. Booker out is good - but I've noticed Warren has been slipping in the polls lately. Bernie has been climbing more along with Booty

To me, people who think the Democrat candidate mess would be a major problem forgot how primaries work. No matter how muddled it is at the start, frontrunners (and sometimes a clear favorite) emerge and it gets much more exciting. I suspect that whoever wins will ultimately galvanize support. Enough to beat Trump? Hard to say, but I suspect a lot of the infighting will disappear when people realize the primary winner is their best chance to oust the Trump regime and restore functional government.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
To me, people who think the Democrat candidate mess would be a major problem forgot how primaries work. No matter how muddled it is at the start, frontrunners (and sometimes a clear favorite) emerge and it gets much more exciting. I suspect that whoever wins will ultimately galvanize support. Enough to beat Trump? Hard to say, but I suspect a lot of the infighting will disappear when people realize the primary winner is their best chance to oust the Trump regime and restore functional government.
At this point, ousting McConnell and other R senators would do a lot more to restoring sane government. If Trump manages another win and Dems flip the senate and keep the house... then that should sort out a lot of issues. Unlikely outcome, but the number of R retirements is helpful.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
At this point, ousting McConnell and other R senators would do a lot more to restoring sane government. If Trump manages another win and Dems flip the senate and keep the house... then that should sort out a lot of issues. Unlikely outcome, but the number of R retirements is helpful.
Even flipping the Senate won't be enough unless they do away with the filibuster, and even that won't be enough if Trump vetoes everything.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I am usually very liberal but I can not tolerate Warren.
She reminds me of a bit of a con, trying to sell me Tupperware.
I DON'T NEED TUPPERWARE, we eat out.
When Warren promised every senior citizen living on SS a $2000 raise I knew Warren was totally full of BS.
And seniors, don't sit by the mailbox waiting for that check to arrive.

While we're at it, enough with the "ON MY VERY FIRST DAY" crap.
Voters don't care about YOUR VERY FIRST DAY. Voters want to know that you will be able to get ANYTHING DONE in your first four year term.
Unless that newly elected democrat president plans to assassinate Mitch McConnell on their VERY FIRST DAY, forget about getting anything done.
At all.
EVER...

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Even flipping the Senate won't be enough unless they do away with the filibuster, and even that won't be enough if Trump vetoes everything.
They could get 2/3rds. Watching this presidency take the now-and-future-record for the most veto overrules would almost be worth having Trump for a second term.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
When Warren promised every senior citizen living on SS a $2000 raise I knew Warren was totally full of BS.

Voters don't care about YOUR VERY FIRST DAY. Voters want to know that you will be able to get ANYTHING DONE in your first four year term.
Unless that newly elected democrat president plans to assassinate Mitch McConnell on their VERY FIRST DAY, forget about getting anything done.
At all.
EVER...
What about things that can be done as part of executive actions?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

At all.
EVER...

Nice!! Make sure you set those expectations really high because if they can’t meet them then you don’t have to vote for them.

If you think warren is a con then you might not be a good judge of character.

I see my original post has aged really well:

Isn't Biden just as old as sanders?

I like warren because, like Clinton, she has real thought out policies to deal with issues that concern her and like Clinton she has a record of accomplishments, unlike sanders.

That being said, if it's between any Democrat or trump, I'll be voting third party because none of the democrat candidates will meet my ridiculous expectations, including not having a history of baseless attacks by the GOP.
/s

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Would assassination of Mitch McConnell qualify as an EO? ;)
Just asking.:p
I believe that his failure to confirm judges during the Obama presidency violated his oath of office and could be classified as treason, which is punishable by execution.

However, thats not assassination.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
They could get 2/3rds. Watching this presidency take the now-and-future-record for the most veto overrules would almost be worth having Trump for a second term.
Trump admitting he was ever wrong about anything is more likely than ever getting 2/3rds

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007

I don't think that will happen, the differences between the candidates are not superficial. I don't remember who said it recently, but I agree that Sanders and Biden don't belong in the same party.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I’m not sticking up for her, I’m pointing out the ridiculousness of your reasoning.

I'm just kidding.
I'm depressed that this is the best democrats can do.
Given the stakes are so high.
Biden, Sanders, Warren, even Pete they all have absolutely nothing going for them. They are like a child with a squirt gun up against a crazy person with an AK47.
Pete might have the right stuff in 4 or 8 years from now but not this time around.
Biden looks like he escaped from the old folks home and thinks he's a candidate for president, I don't know what exactly is going on in Warren's mind, and Bernie has lost his charisma.
Surely someone out there would be likable enough to go up against Donald Trump. I mean seriously.... how hard could this be?
And why is no one actual capable of winning not willing to step up and take on the challenge? Have we no heroes left in the party?

I'm predicting a Trump landslide come November 2020.
I actually mean a massive landslide.
Trump may lose one or two liberal states, but this is looking to be a repeat of Reagan in 1984. And Nixon in 72.

Election-Map-1972.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-01-13 at 11.41.58 PM.jpgElection-Map-1972z.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: herm0016

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I'm just kidding.
Biden, Sanders, Warren, even Pete they all have absolutely nothing going for them. They are like a child with a squirt gun up against a crazy person with an AK47.
Pete might have the right stuff in 4 or 8 years from now but not this time around.
Biden looks like he escaped from the old folks home and thinks he's a candidate for president, I don't know what exactly is going on in Warren's mind, and Bernie has lost his charisma.
Surely someone out there would be likable enough to go up against Donald Trump. I mean seriously.... how hard could this be?
And why is no one actual capable of winning not willing to step up and take on the challenge? Have we no heroes left in the party?

I think you are over thinking it. Let me help you: the perfect candidate for you is who ever isn’t Donald trump.

You are welcome.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Well, we shall see what the voters think.
Do not underestimate the power of hate and division.
Come election night this thread will still be here and the maps above for reference. But I think I'm right about this and I don't want to be.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Trump may lose one or two liberal states, but this is looking to be a repeat of Reagan in 1984. And Nixon in 72.

Ahahahahahhahaha......

It is physically impossible for such a thing to occur after our nation unified under modern communication technology. The national election(s) have truly become national with messaging and partisanship right along with them. The campaign and the supporters, the national DRIVE to elect people is nothing like it was in the bygone era. Our parties are massively entrenched and swing states are swing states FOR A REASON.

Sure, Trump picked up a few "new" ones but it was by a slim margin. Yes the "roaring" economy could help Trump win re-election, thanks to our people being economically illiterate and far too many are drunk under the delusion of trickle down. Republican propaganda belies the American dream and preys on the stupidity of the average person, conning them into thinking they too are rich and powerful. Instead the truth is all of us are one injury, one medical bill away from bankruptcy and homelessness. One mark on your perfect life, your credit score in this nation and no one will give you a loan or allow you to rent. A roof over your head is too good for scum like us. Bonus: Think gear score and pug requirements in WoW.

The America of our time is a disfigured nightmare, not a dream. But I digress. Those voters dumb enough to slit their own throats by voting Republican, they are a minority in a solid number of states. And yeah, Democrats may not be ready to offer a reality check and in-depth solution to truly win over the disaffected masses, but they are at least trying to peel back the veil, to cut through the web of lies and offer help to the American people. A far better position than the "FYGM" or "Bootstraps" Republicans espouse.

As Bill Clinton once said... 'You see, we believe that “we’re all in this together” is a far better philosophy than “you’re on your own.”'

You'll never convince me that there isn't a large number of people, for whatever diverse reason, who feel the same way. We do not care who the candidate is, we will always fight for a better future in November.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I'm just kidding.

View attachment 15697

View attachment 15698View attachment 15699
trump isn't near as popular as nixon or reagan were at this time in their terms. they did not have a negative approval ratings going into the election.

a lot can happen between now and november but I don't see trump getting positive approval ratings before then.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Pretty much everything done by EO can be un-done by it. Laws are what matter.

Yes but as we've seen executive actions can have major ramifications.

That said we're going to hear an extremely different opinion from the GOP on executive power if Warren or Sanders are elected. They're willing to wield it in the same way (or perhaps even more agressively) Trump has and the Republicans are not going to enjoy the ride.