Democrat debate on cnn 3/9

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Call your lawyer and ask them. Nobody is going against what their lawyer says. Low IQ response as usual.

LOL! I guess trump is saved by a lawyer and your world remains safe! Never question and always forget!

Keep fluffing!

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Well she shouldn't have any problem releasing the transcripts then. She is using some excuse about Republicans not releasing them. Deflect deflect deflect

Oh hi fluffer! Is that the same thing you said about trump releasing his tax returns?

Well then I'm sure he's got nothing to hide right? Isn't that your logic? He certainly isn't doing anything illegal right? Your link also doesn't say he isn't legally allowed to release his tax returns so this is simply a personal choice and one you've conveniently swallowed like you do all his loads.

Keep fluffing!

Clinton and Trump won't release the information for exactly the same reason, there is no upside to doing so. Even if there is nothing to hide, the searching and snippet reporting and innuendo will dominate the new cycle and constantly put them on the defensive.

Both are smart in what they are doing.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Clinton and Trump won't release the information for exactly the same reason, there is no upside to doing so. Even if there is nothing to hide, the searching and snippet reporting and innuendo will dominate the new cycle and constantly put them on the defensive.

Both are smart in what they are doing.

I agree.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
By bought and paid for I assume you mean she was bought and paid to have her give a speech? Yes, that's correct. Btw, how many corporate speeches have you been to?

Yeah, her husband repealed Glass-Steagall, put out the Commodities Futures and Modernization Act, among others, and they don't love her and she will be "so tough" on them. LOL.

As I have said before, even if she does half the damage of her husband, I'll be a very rich man indeed.

I wouldn't waste my time, what the fuck does she have to say that'd be worth me having to work 2x as hard the next day to make up for the lost time?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Yeah, her husband repealed Glass-Steagall, put out the Commodities Futures and Modernization Act, among others, and they don't love her and she will be "so tough" on them. LOL.

As I have said before, even if she does half the damage of her husband, I'll be a very rich man indeed.

I wouldn't waste my time, what the fuck does she have to say that'd be worth me having to work 2x as hard the next day to make up for the lost time?

Are we going to judge trump by his wife's actions? Or are the wives of politicians not allowed to have their own views?

You also didn't answer my question; how many corporate speeches have you been to?

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Too many debates. WAY too many debates.

Little new, little information that helps a voter decide.
With so many debates, on both sides, it eventually turns into a shouting match.
And they get so distracted focusing on such idiotic issues.
Plenty of time to address Trump when the time comes. Democrats in a debate do not need to help the RNC decide what to do about Donald. That is not a democrats job at this point in the game. And why focus on republicans when the republican side has not yet decided themselves who it will be, Trump or someone else.
All this does is bring Donald Trump back as the main focus.
That gives this illusion the Republicans already have the upper hand in this election.
Naturally, the media only wants to talk about is Donald Trump, even in a democratic debate.

And I don't get this crap being pushed by Univision that illegal immigrants should somehow be welcomed, illegally, with open arms and allowed to come and stay in America as they wish. Then, Univision plays "the poor children" card.

Just do as Obama has done and currently does, deport immigrants illegally caught flowing into the country, PERIOD.
What's wrong with that, other than a problem for Univision.
No.... don't agree to give illegals drivers license, allow illegal immigrants to stay just because they give birth in America, or allowed to stay just because they succeeded at breaking our laws.

If this open arm policy is the democrat position, God.... Donald Trump is not only going to win every one on one debate, Donald will win the November election by millions.
Naturally, Univision believes every immigrant that wishes to migrate to America illegally should be given automatic citizenship the second that illegal steps foot across the border.

And apparently Univision is so concerned over candidate response time, this whole Univision debate is turning into a big joke.
Neither Hillary nor Bernie can finish one sentence without Univision butting in talking over and drowning out the candidates words.
This debate SUCKS!!!!
I'm turning it off.
TOTALLY POINTLESS due to piss poor Univision moderation.
Just awful......

What have we learned?
Univision believes all illegal immigrants should be American citizens by default.
Then, attempt to shame Americans into agreeing by playing the poor little illegal immigrant children card.
Univision sucks. Donald needs to audit them as president. Or cut their cable feed. ;)

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Clinton is already dirty so it's not possible for anyone to pull a dirty move on her. Sanders is just reminding everyone of the obvious. Put up or shut up, hillary.

Sanders is a closet communist and they caught him red handed in his praising Castro.

He's not truthful of what his plans cost, not clear just how much he wants to raise taxes (it's a shitload!), and given any opportunity, blasts anyone of wealth with insinuations that they are predatory, cheats, or immoral.

He can get bent his "people's revolution"

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
The difference is that she's attacking Sanders for attacking previous Democratic presidents.

And? You are aware that this is a Democratic debate to see who will become the Democrat presidential candidate? This is no different than trump being asked if he would support the Republican candidate if it's not him.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Are we going to judge trump by his wife's actions? Or are the wives of politicians not allowed to have their own views?

You also didn't answer my question; how many corporate speeches have you been to?

So you don't think there is a shingle shred of connection between WS connections, WS donations to their foundation, WS speeches, WS donations, and their ability, willingness, and effectiveness at peddling influence for WS?

Really?

Really?

I mean, common man!

I used to work on WS and deal with them every day, all day, and I doubt I could find one person being as willfully blind/ignorant, as you.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Sanders is a closet communist and they caught him red handed in his praising Castro.

He's not truthful of what his plans cost, not clear just how much he wants to raise taxes (it's a shitload!), and given any opportunity, blasts anyone of wealth with insinuations that they are predatory, cheats, or immoral.

He can get bent his "people's revolution"

That doesn't make him a communist, it makes him a politician and he is a very good one (that's not a rating of his policies either).

In contrast, and I've said this before, but Hillary is a horrible politician, she even admitted it tonight.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
And? You are aware that this is a Democratic debate to see who will become the Democrat presidential candidate? This is no different than trump being asked if he would support the Republican candidate if it's not him.

So my point is if she's going to defend her husband's actions, it's valid to attack her husband as a way of attacking her.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
That doesn't make him a communist, it makes him a politician and he is a very good one (that's not a rating of his policies either).

I've said this before but Hillary is a horrible politician, she even admitted it tonight.

He is absolutely a communist. He supported communists, said bread lines were an indication of a functional wealth distribution system...etc.

Yeah, you don't spend your whole life in the political arena, some of it at the highest level, and not be a politician. Just by her convincing you she isn't, she really is.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
So you don't think there is a shingle shred of connection between WS connections, WS donations to their foundation, WS speeches, WS donations, and their ability, willingness, and effectiveness at peddling influence for WS?

Really?

Really?

I mean, common man!

I used to work on WS and deal with them every day, all day, and I doubt I could find one person being as willfully blind/ignorant, as you.

Answer the fucking question douche!

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Answer the fucking question douche!

You dare call me a douche when you'd happily spend the entire day playing douche nozzle to her cleanse just so you could get the privilege of not just being up her ass?

I bet you compete with DWS to clean up after her too.

Last edited:

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
You dare call me a douche when you'd happily spend the entire day playing douche nozzle to her cleanse just so you could get the privilege of not just being up her ass?

Nice dodge by the second biggest trump supporter on this board! Oh the irony!

Answer the question bitch!

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Nice dodge by the second biggest trump supporter on this board! Oh the irony!

Answer the question bitch!

Awe, poor baby can't stand being confronted by reality, that Billary is bought and paid for by the street and everybody on the street knows it. S'OK chuckles. She's a lock, the unDemocratic party makes sure that it is secure with the scam system. After all, can't let the populace decide who should be running. That's up to the street.

Gawd, it must burn that the people you hate so much are the ones who run your party.

But hey, no matter the outcome, I will be better off financially. Thanks for the help!

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Awe, poor baby can't stand being confronted by reality, that Billary is bought and paid for by the street and everybody on the street knows it. S'OK chuckles. She's a lock, the unDemocratic party makes sure that it is secure with the scam system. After all, can't let the populace decide who should be running. That's up to the street.

Gawd, it must burn that the people you hate so much are the ones who run your party.

But hey, no matter the outcome, I will be better off financially. Thanks for the help!

LOL! Are you projecting now? It's amazing how a simple question causes you to lose it. What a horrible reality it must be for you that merely answering a question causes you to go ape shit!

Dec 10, 2005
Hillary covering for her hubby over Glass-Steagall, lol
Everyone screaming about Glass-Steagall fails to realize that it wouldn't have stopped the collapse. Many of the largest institutions to fail would not have fallen under Glass-Steagall regulations.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002

Why would it burn?

We're happy gas is under $2 a gallon unlike over $5 under you guys.
We're happy we have healthcare that covers pre-existing conditions unlike under you guys.
We're happy we have marriage equality unlike you guys.
We're happy we have jobs in America again unlike when over 8 years we lost jobs with you guys.
We're happy we aren't going to war in countries to get our boys killed unlike you guys.
We're happy we aren't deporting US citizens unlike you guys.
We're happy we're bombing ISIS everyday unlike you guys who just talk about it.

So what the fuck kind of twilight zone are you guys living in? We were doing terrible in 2008.. give me 2016 any day of the week under President Obama.

Just because you call someone a dipshit doesn't make them a dipshit and that is all your argument is.. talk shit and hope everyone believes you. Well I'm not falling for it. :D

Guurn

Dec 29, 2012
By bought and paid for I assume you mean she was bought and paid to have her give a speech? Yes, that's correct. Btw, how many corporate speeches have you been to?

She was straight upmbought, there probably was no speech.

ctark

Sep 6, 2004
I really don't like Bernie's implication of clinton bought and paid for by Wall Street. It's a dirty move and an appeal to emotion, because many politicians get paid for speeches when they are out of office and most of those speeches aren't about giving tips on how to buy washington they are typically speeches of inspiration. Anyone who has worked for any large business and has been to one of these paid corporate speeches knows they are all the same. There is no smoking gun as sanders is implying and it's beneath him to even imply it.

You are appealing to popularity by saying everybody does it. Just because most politicians do it doesn't make it ethical or right.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
You are appealing to popularity by saying everybody does it. Just because most politicians do it doesn't make it ethical or right.

Nor does it make it unethical or wrong. How many corporate speeches have you attended?

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Both are trying to hit each other on their record and unfortunately I feel it's pointless as both of their positions have a lot of nuance to them that will be lost on the American public.

I said this in another thread but I'll repeat it. We have a choice between an idealist and a pragmatist. Bernie has a vision but no realistic way of achieving that vision. Clinton has a path forward but where does that path lead? Bernie has been consistently on the right side of the issues but his record of enacting or precipitating actual change is non existent. Hillary on the other hand has been on the wrong side of issues many times but she has also been able to enact positive changes.

You can see this while watching clinton and sanders answer the question on deporting children. Hillary's answer was a realistic answer no matter how much we wish it wasn't true. Sanders on the other hand has no problem of taking a clear cut position on the issue despite it being a promise he cannot keep without breaking the law.

Wow. Ummm... I agree with and respect what you've said here. I guess I'll insult you double next week to make up for this.

Edit: Ah shit, I read the rest of the thread. Yeah, you're still a fucktard.

Last edited: