Dell to release new 20.1" widescreen LCD for $289

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
text

Apparently it still has DVI with HDCP, and probably VGA. $289 is a NICE price for this monitor - 1680x1050, 5ms response time, etc.

"The E207WFP will be available for sale on Dell's website on Tuesday, October 17th."

videopho

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2005
5ms response time and HDCP compliant for < $289 may be some more discount later on
Wow...I definitely jump on this one.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Originally posted by: JackBurton
VGA? :(

Like current Dell monitors, it will have a VGA jack, doesnt mean you have to use it. It will apparently also have a DVI and HDMI connection if you so desire.

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
Originally posted by: BassBomb
Is it 8 bit?

thread repost anyways

Repost? Dang, it was just announced today on Dailytech :eek:

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
Originally posted by: acegazda
when is it coming out? I'm dying for a good 20 WS lcd <$300!

Coming out next Tuesday (Oct. 18th).

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
Originally posted by: Genx87

Like current Dell monitors, it will have a VGA jack, doesnt mean you have to use it. It will apparently also have a DVI and HDMI connection if you so desire.

I think VGA is a great feature. I have a laptop that only has VGA output and it's great to hook it up to my 2005fpw :)

videopho

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2005
Originally posted by: kabob983
Repost...the 3rd or 4th one really (although not all in this forum)

So...;)

Some spec:

Dell E207WFP 20-Inch Widescreen Flat-Panel LCD Monitor

With a 5-millisecond response time4, the Dell E207WFP widescreen flat-panel monitor is ideal for productivity and gaming applications as well as video and photo editing. The E207WFP redefines price/performance with features such as the latest DVI (Digital Video Interface) connector with HDCP (High-Bandwidth Digital Copy Protection) that helps enable viewing of protected high-definition content such as HD-format video. The E207WFP is available immediately worldwide and starts at $289.

Additional features include:

20.1-inch viewable image size
Maximum resolution of 1,680 x 1,050 (SXGA+)
Wide-aspect display helps improve productivity with less scrolling and toggling. Users can also watch DVDs in native resolution and run multiple applications on the screen simultaneously
Tilt capability optimizes viewing comfort
Easy display detachment from stand enables panel to be wall-mounted
Three-year limited warranty5

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
Originally posted by: videopho
Originally posted by: kabob983
Repost...the 3rd or 4th one really (although not all in this forum)

So...;)

Some spec:

Dell E207WFP 20-Inch Widescreen Flat-Panel LCD Monitor

With a 5-millisecond response time4, the Dell E207WFP widescreen flat-panel monitor is ideal for productivity and gaming applications as well as video and photo editing. The E207WFP redefines price/performance with features such as the latest DVI (Digital Video Interface) connector with HDCP (High-Bandwidth Digital Copy Protection) that helps enable viewing of protected high-definition content such as HD-format video. The E207WFP is available immediately worldwide and starts at $289.

Additional features include:

20.1-inch viewable image size
Maximum resolution of 1,680 x 1,050 (SXGA+)
Wide-aspect display helps improve productivity with less scrolling and toggling. Users can also watch DVDs in native resolution and run multiple applications on the screen simultaneously
Tilt capability optimizes viewing comfort
Easy display detachment from stand enables panel to be wall-mounted
Three-year limited warranty5

I wonder, will a PS3 work with this monitor using a DVI-to-HDMI adapter? That could be interesting. Also, once again, the search function stinks here. I just did another search and couldn't find anything on this lol.

jiffylube1024

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Kaido

I wonder, will a PS3 work with this monitor using a DVI-to-HDMI adapter? That could be interesting. Also, once again, the search function stinks here. I just did another search and couldn't find anything on this lol.

It should as long as the monitor has true HDCP support. Won't work at the PS3's highest native resolution, though (1920X1080). You'll have to run at 1280X720.

JackBurton

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: Genx87

Oh, that is GREAT. I thought they were replacing the DVI connection with a VGA connection. As long as it has a DVI connection, I'm happy. Very good news. :)

HomeyFoos

Aug 22, 2005
Anyone notice the sales on the Dell Flat Panels in recent days? The 2407FPW dipped below $700 for the first time I've observed it with no additional coupon or offer. I couldn't resist and bought yesterday at $679. It was hanging out around $719 for the last month or so and I've been waiting for it to drop just a little more. They tag me with tax so that stings a bit but still a very good price for a 24" UWXGA.

Anyway, I just assumed that it was because some new models were streaming in and then I see this thread. I'm curious what the plans are for larger LCD's moving forward.

JackBurton

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: HomeyFoos
Anyone notice the sales on the Dell Flat Panels in recent days? The 2407FPW dipped below $700 for the first time I've observed it with no additional coupon or offer. I couldn't resist and bought yesterday at $679. It was hanging out around $719 for the last month or so and I've been waiting for it to drop just a little more. They tag me with tax so that stings a bit but still a very good price for a 24" UWXGA.

Anyway, I just assumed that it was because some new models were streaming in and then I see this thread. I'm curious what the plans are for larger LCD's moving forward.

It would be sweet if they came out with a 35" or 37" 2560x1600 LCD. That would be sweet!

archcommus

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2003
Originally posted by: acegazda
Originally posted by: archcommus
I want to know if this panel is 8-bit or not.

It's a tn panel so... no.
Are you sure? Wouldn't it use the same panel as the 2007WFP? And that model claims to have 16.7 million colors. I was under the impression 16.7 million equates to 8-bit and 16.2 million equates to 6-bit.

Does it even matter much? I'm happy with the colors on my 6-bit display.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
With coupons very possible this thing will dip below 240 bucks. If it does, the wife gets my 2001FP and I am grabbing two of them for some dual panel love!

TheRyuu

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2005
Originally posted by: archcommus
I want to know if this panel is 8-bit or not.

Probably, but does it use the same S-IPS panel as the 2007fpw??
Or does it use a P-MVA panel??
Or a T&N panel (because the price is so cheap)

xtknight

Elite Member
Oct 15, 2004
There's no chance at all that this LCD contains an S-IPS or S-PVA like in the 2007WFP. It'll be a 6-bit/fast TN panel with limited viewing angles and lower contrast. That said, it has the potential to be a great gaming LCD (if you're on a cheap budget of course).