Dear Boss:

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
I'm working the 11-6 shift today. Which sucks, because legally, I don't get a break of sufficient magnitude to go get some DAMNED LUNCH.

Normally, I'd be here all by myself, but one of the bosses is here doing somethingorother. Which is odd, because this boss doesn't bother showing up on weekdays.

I'm hungry. GTFO.

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
Originally posted by: Schfifty Five
oh boo hoo, you dont' get lunch...life isn't fair, deal with it.

Or breakfast, because I had a late night last night and didn't get up until immediately before I had to go to work. Or indeed, dinner, because I have a series of meetings to go to.

Furthermore, kiss my ass.

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
Originally posted by: FoBoT
any vending machines?

i usually keep some emergency rations stashed for such times

Yes, but they multiplied the prices by a factor of 2.2 last week.

Of course, I believe she is in the process of leaving. Will watch the security monitor to make sure, and then get myself some good ol gas station food.

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Aren't you required by law to get a lunch break?

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
Originally posted by: Howard
Aren't you required by law to get a lunch break?

Only for 8 hours or more. Below that, it's like, 15 minutes to go take a leak or something.

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
Originally posted by: kranky
You realize, of course, he's there to observe you.

She, and no. She was doing some IT training session for the new hires in other departments.

"This is how you check your emailllllllllllllzz0rrrrrrrrr!"

dotcom173

Jan 16, 2006
maybe it depends where u work, but i read by law, it is mandatory to take a 30 minute lunch if u work over 6 hours.....ive worked like 7.5 hours, and they said i could take an unpaid 30 minute break....so i said i didnt want one.

ScottyB

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2002
When I worked at Burger King, they worked me 10 -12 hour days with small breaks to piss and get right back to work. I wasn't allowed to eat food that we were preparing and wasn't allowed to go to the break area and eat food I brought in because I wasn't on break. So I couldn't eat that entire time.

I told a manager one day if he didn't give me a break I was walking out. I didn't have problems getting breaks after that.

imported_Zeke

Sep 18, 2004
Originally posted by: ScottyB
When I worked at Burger King, they worked me 10 -12 hour days with small breaks to piss and get right back to work. I wasn't allowed to eat food that we were preparing and wasn't allowed to go to the break area and eat food I brought in because I wasn't on break. So I couldn't eat that entire time.

I told a manager one day if he didn't give me a break I was walking out. I didn't have problems getting breaks after that.

fight the power

dighn

Lifer
Aug 12, 2001

wtf that can't be legal

reverend boltron

Nov 18, 2004
Originally posted by: dighn

wtf that can't be legal

You know, a lot of fast food joints don't really care about legal in terms of everything.

Oct 20, 2005
btw, why don't you just ask your boss if you can go get something to eat...or are you one of those passive types that like to post threads directed to a specific person who will never read it?

Babbles

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2001
What's so difficult in going to the boss like person and say something to the effect of, "Hey I'm going to go and grab a quick bite for lunch, want anything while I'm out?"

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
Since 1516 winds attacked and overseen, now
Crawl amidst the ruins of this
Empty dream
They're borders and boots on top of us, pullin'
Knobs on the floor of their toxic metropolis
So how you gonna get what you need ta get ? tha
Gut eaters, blood drenched get offensive like
Tet
When the fifth sun sets get back reclaim, tha
Spirit of cuahtemoc alive an untamed
Face tha funk now blastin' out ya
Speaker, on the one maya, mexica
That vulture game ta try and steal your name but
Now you found a gun
This is for the people of the sun
It's comin' back around again
This is for tha people of tha sun
Neva forget that tha wip snapped ya back, ya
Spine cracked for tobacco, oh I'm the Marlboro
Man
Our past blastin' on through tha verses
Brigades of taxi cabs rollin' broadway like
Hearses
Troops strippin' zoots, shorts of red mist,
Sailors blood on tha deck
Come sista resist
Tha new era of terror check this photo lens,
Tha city of angels does tha ethnic cleanse
Heads bobbin' to that funk out ya
Speaker, on tha one maya, mexica
That vulture game ta try an steal ya name but now
You found a gun... you're history
This is for the people of the sun
It's coming back around again
This is for tha people of tha sun

Oct 20, 2005
Originally posted by: Babbles
What's so difficult in going to the boss like person and say something to the effect of, "Hey I'm going to go and grab a quick bite for lunch, want anything while I'm out?"

b/c he's one of those people who will post a thread saying something like "dear <retarded driver> <boss> <neighbor> <etc>, please stfu diaf gtfo esad , etc" but would not have the balls to confront them in real life.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000

wtf that can't be legal

neither is serving rat poop but that has never stopped burger king before

ScottyB

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2002

wtf that can't be legal

We called the Michigan Labor Department and they said as long as you are over 18, a business can work you as long as they want without a break.