DEAD ISLAND 2

Igo69

Apr 26, 2015
Remember this amazing and funny trailer... and then something happened with development of this game.

Well guess what this game is back but with a new trailer and the it's actually coming in February 2023

Igo69

Apr 26, 2015
Holy crap i hope this game is going to be super good just like this gameplay trailer

Punching through zombies' skull @1:20 is just badass

Last edited:

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Holy crap i hope this game is going to be super good just like this gameplay trailer

Punching through zombies' skull @1:20 is just badass
Please... please just remember what happened with the first Dead Island game. Keep your expectations dangerously low. I'm talking about renting a backhoe and digging into the mantle of the Earth kinda low.

Dead Island was the very last game that I pre-ordered AND stayed up to play at the midnight launch and I doubt I'll ever forget how my friends and I were so confused because we were given the dev version of the game. It took the developers about six hours to realize and fix the mistake, but by then some reviews had already launched and coupled with the absolute horrendous amount of bugs combined with the disastrous launch, the game's fate was sealed. Don't get me wrong though, I absolutely loved DI and played the ever-loving hell out of the game, but it was a really rocky start and didn't even come close to living up to the hype.

If anything, I can only hope Dead Island 2 features that annoying woman Svety so I can finally shoot her in the face for closure. Her radiant quest was my very first introduction to radiant quests and her goddamn line "You like Svety?" is forever ingrained in my memory because I thought she'd eventually complete her quest line and give us something else for ferrying that woman enough champagne to drown the entire island. But no, she never did and it was just one of the many radiant quests that gave the same lackluster reward every time.

• Haha
Reactions: ImpulsE69 and Igo69

kingrobert

Jul 7, 2022
I have heard a lot from my cousins about this game, but haven't played it yet as I thought that this game would not be interesting now it Seems like that is a good game.

WhiteNoise

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2016
Dead Island was a bloody fantastic game. Played it at release and loved every second of it. If the 2nd one is as good I'll be stoked.

Reactions: Igo69

Igo69

Apr 26, 2015
Please... please just remember what happened with the first Dead Island game. Keep your expectations dangerously low. I'm talking about renting a backhoe and digging into the mantle of the Earth kinda low.

Dead Island was the very last game that I pre-ordered AND stayed up to play at the midnight launch and I doubt I'll ever forget how my friends and I were so confused because we were given the dev version of the game. It took the developers about six hours to realize and fix the mistake, but by then some reviews had already launched and coupled with the absolute horrendous amount of bugs combined with the disastrous launch, the game's fate was sealed. Don't get me wrong though, I absolutely loved DI and played the ever-loving hell out of the game, but it was a really rocky start and didn't even come close to living up to the hype.

If anything, I can only hope Dead Island 2 features that annoying woman Svety so I can finally shoot her in the face for closure. Her radiant quest was my very first introduction to radiant quests and her goddamn line "You like Svety?" is forever ingrained in my memory because I thought she'd eventually complete her quest line and give us something else for ferrying that woman enough champagne to drown the entire island. But no, she never did and it was just one of the many radiant quests that gave the same lackluster reward every time.

Haha, speak for yourself i love blondes beside you didn't have to do that silly mission i did it only like twice because it was a long run to that location. I really had a blast with that game slashing all those zombie, I just recently replayed Dead Island and Riptide and enjoyed it a lot again.

I am not pre-ordering and not buying this game until I see lots of reviews.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
So apparently this is Epic exclusive or at least on release
This is great news. That means they'll get the buggy mess and by the time it hits Steam, it should have most of them ironed out. Not to mention we should be able to snag it at a discount. If it never hits Steam, then I'll just have to buy and play Dying Light 2 instead.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
I'd keep my expectations low considering this isn't Techland developing it, it's the crappy studio who gave us Homefront.

Igo69

Apr 26, 2015
New game play video wow

Looks similar to original (which is good) but with more and better ways to kill zombies. This looks badass! Just hope this game wont be around 20 hours in total game play time but much much longer.

Last edited:

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
Looks good enough for me. It seems to be a very action-oriented zombie apocalypse, and I'm ok with that.

I'll wait and see how the release version does (bugs, issues, etc) before going in. But I'll keep an eye on it.

psolord

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2009
Well I have a Dead Island 2 key claim, from buying an RX6600. I just finished the first game that was given away, The Callisto Protocol, which was awesome, so I can't wait for this one.

The only bad thing is that it comes out together with the Jedi Survivor. Are they out of their minds? They are trying to be outshone? lol

Reactions: DAPUNISHER

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
This game will be a train wreck if my predictions are correct.
The Entire Company and franchies went into a black hole because the original developers and deep silver had a very bad seperation.
This lead Techland to be created and the entire development team moving over making Dying Light.

This also caused this entire IP to basically orbit a black hole, not knowing if or when the IP would come back.

The only bad thing is that it comes out together with the Jedi Survivor. Are they out of their minds? They are trying to be outshone? lol

The 2 Games which will wreck other launches are Diablo 4, and Starfield.
Final Fantasy 7 - Part 2 may also wreck launches as well.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Well I have a Dead Island 2 key claim, from buying an RX6600. I just finished the first game that was given away, The Callisto Protocol, which was awesome, so I can't wait for this one.

Yea that won't do well for it at all. Jedi survivor was really good in my opinion but I know I read that not everyone was a fan. For me it was a sleeper title. Had no idea what it was when it came out, bought it and really enjoyed it like guardians of the galaxy.

Never played the original dead island but from what I saw in gameplay and trailers, it looks like they improved a lot.

Reactions: psolord

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
The 2 Games which will wreck other launches are Diablo 4, and Starfield.
Final Fantasy 7 - Part 2 may also wreck launches as well.

Has new info come out pointing to FFVII Part 2 coming this year? Always seemed like it would be a 1H 2024 title with an outside chance of late 2023 from what I had read. Funny how Starfield was supposed to be a spring game but guess they wanted no part of competing with Tears of the Kingdom's launch. I wouldn't either.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014

Yeah I have an upcoming code for it too thanks to buying an AMD card at Thanksgiving. Hope it's good but not getting my expectations high with that developer. Looks like it could be decent from previews I have seen though and would really redeem the studio if it is.

aigomorla

Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Has new info come out pointing to FFVII Part 2 coming this year?

Console launch should be this year from what im hearing.
I think Square may do a PC launch with it together seeing how economy is going to the gutter, and they probably want to milk as much capital as possible, otherwise people will lose interest in it quickly, as more pressing things come up with expenses, especially during a global recession.

Never played the original dead island but from what I saw in gameplay and trailers, it looks like they improved a lot.

It was Great, but Dying light absolutely SLAUGHTERED it.
It made Parkour the STANDARD in zombie titles.
Otherwise map travel becomes a PITFA without adding some spice to it.

hardhat

Dec 4, 2011
Has new info come out pointing to FFVII Part 2 coming this year? Always seemed like it would be a 1H 2024 title with an outside chance of late 2023 from what I had read. Funny how Starfield was supposed to be a spring game but guess they wanted no part of competing with Tears of the Kingdom's launch. I wouldn't either.
Do you really think Starfield and Botw 2 compete against each other? I can see Starfield being pushed back to hit when the market is hotter, closer to the end of year. But I just don't see Microsoft caring about a Switch exclusive launch.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Do you really think Starfield and Botw 2 compete against each other? I can see Starfield being pushed back to hit when the market is hotter, closer to the end of year. But I just don't see Microsoft caring about a Switch exclusive launch.

Everyone launching in spring is competing against Tears of the Kingdom. Just like Horizon Zero Dawn got completely overshadowed by Breath of the Wild in Spring 2017. That first couple of weeks is huge for your game sales and if everyone is buying Zelda for $70 they're probably not paying full price for your game at launch. Or not jumping onto Game Pass at launch for Starfield. Only Switch owners I know who don't have at least one other system are non-gamer parents who buy the systems for their kids.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
I had forgotten what a sweet deal my RX 6800 was when I bought it. Callisto Protocol and this game included= good times. Waiting for them to email me the key code.

Reactions: psolord

WhiteNoise

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2016
The gameplay videos look great! But I can tell they are using a controller. turning seems so slow!

aigomorla

Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
turning seems so slow!
nope...
thats how the engine for dead island was.

again not having high hopes in this one.
You don't just lose your entire wing which houses zombie apocalypses and expect a new game half written to be great with a new team.

Again incase anyone is wondering... techland the original makes of dead island had a fall out with deep silver back during the production of dead island 2.
This lead techland to go separate and make a series known as dying light, while this series was shelved to oblivion, because no one really wanted to compete against dying light when it came out.

WhiteNoise

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2016
nope...
thats how the engine for dead island was.

again not having high hopes in this one.
You don't just lose your entire wing which houses zombie apocalypses and expect a new game half written to be great with a new team.

Again incase anyone is wondering... techland the original makes of dead island had a fall out with deep silver back during the production of dead island 2.
This lead techland to go separate and make a series known as dying light, while this series was shelved to oblivion, because no one really wanted to compete against dying light when it came out.
Not for me, it wasn't. Maybe if you played with a controller but I played with a mouse and keyboard, it was not slow. I'm sure most of us know who Techland was/is. Dying Light is also leaps better than Dead Island, but I'll still check out DI2 when it arrives. Two of my friends are picking it up so I have no choice this time around. Hopefully, it turns out well.

Reactions: DAPUNISHER

aigomorla

Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Two of my friends are picking it up so I have no choice this time around.
The game can be very bad, yet still be epic to play as long as its with friends.

The one thing i sort of didn't like about dying light again was that you are sort of locked into your characters.
Like there is very little customization, if you want gun skills you need to be X, if you want blade skills Y, Blunt skills Z.
They wanted to keep to story with characters as well, that they locked you into it.

Well i guess thats sort of techland's fault / direction, seeing how the first and riptide are also character locked skills.

Reactions: WhiteNoise