[DEAD] Aula F2028 Membrane(!) Gaming Keyboard- RGB LED Backlit Wired Keyboard for Gaming, PC- Full Key N-Rollover- Anti Ghosting $29.99 @NE

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
ARVJS201013y3OH7.jpg

Aula F2028 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard- RGB LED Backlit Wired Keyboard with Blue Switches for Gaming, PC- Full Key N-Rollover- Anti Ghosting $29.99

I hope that these don't suck. I bought a "few" of them. "Blue" keyswitches, which I like (probably clones, not real Cherry). Looks like an actual volume knob?

Edit: Just got mine today, opened one up, hmm, keys are SQUISHY, and NOT CLICKY. (I've used real "Blue" and "Blue-clone" switches. These are NOT those.)

Used the keycap-puller (yes, they include one), and underneath... YEP, MEMBRANE.

FALSE ADVERTISING BY NEWEGG.

Sorry to anyone that bought these, based on Newegg's title listing, which I originally just copy+pasted into my thread. I have updated the title.

I am somewhat disappointed by that, the keyboard feel is fairly poor, and the keyboard does not appear to have a "Rainbow RGB" mode as pictured on Newegg's site either. It does have various colors, as well as a color-cycling mode, but not any sort of "effects" modes that some keyboards (inclulding other presumably real mechanical AULA keyboards) have.

It does have a solid white backlight mode, to answer one person's question.

And of course, it DOES have a volume KNOB. Which can also be used to adjust backlight brightness.

Overall, not a horrible keyboard, but my hands are already fatigued typing in this update using it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeomite

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
I have no idea, really. That would actually probably be preferable to the "rainbow look". I'm not really sure, though, at this price point, if the keyboard LEDs are individual ARGB addressable, or programmable by any kind of software. This is only a $30 keyboard, after all.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Well, that sucked. I ordered a qty. of these, thinking that they were cheap Chinese mech. (clone keyswitch) keyboards. They suck, I'm making typos left and right, they are squish membrane, with RGB, and a volume knob. Not entirely unserviceable, but if you are "used to" a mech. keyboard, as I am, this thing is rather fatiguing to type on. THUMBS DOWN, both for the poor-quality / low-end keyboard, as well as the effectively product bait-and-switch / false-advertising by Newegg.

Edit: After using it for a couple of days so far, I'm making far less typos, I can touch-type on it fairly well. If this were simply initially advertised as a membrane or "Mem-chanical" keyboard (membrane with actual key-caps), it would probably actually be worth it. It's not so bad, although after typing this paragraph, my hands are getting fatigued again.

Last edited:

Steltek

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2001
I think it is just a situation where Newegg doesn't bother to verify the product description submitted by the manufacturer is accurate. Same crap that happens every day on Amazon and any other retailer that runs a commerce website with 3rd party sellers selling cheap Chinese crap.

It is worse with Newegg, though, due to their sucktastic return policies. I've gotten to the point where I rarely buy from them anymore unless the deal is just too good to pass up (which is a rare ocurrance these days anyway).