Days Gone

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
Can't tell you how many times the loading screen was longer than the cut scene segment. To me, that was one of the biggest issues with the game and got annoying. Also found that the mix of weapons and craftables was not really as involved as it could have been. If you play a game for 40-60 hours, items should be paced and unique enough to fill that time. Not something where you get used to everything after 10 hours and then nothing really new (with one minor exception). 90% of what I did was look for beer bottles and kerosene.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I agree with you on that. I still haven't found proximity bombs or any other useful gadget. I mainly roll around with a baseball bat or stool leg with a saw blade on it that I repair once it gets damaged.

I hate the loading before cutscenes. Why couldn't they get this right? I don't recall any other game doing it this frequently. Uncharted 4 transitioned nicely into gameplay after each cutscene.

Another thing I hate is some of the mission design is stupid. For example there are some missions where you just go to watch a 10 second cutscene then it says mission complete..ok.

This doesn't change my opinion of the game I think it's still very good if you like the open world types but I don't see the story pulling me in like red dead 2 does and I'm not even done that game yet. I guess I can see why the some of the reviewers scored it low, too low in my opinion but i would give it a 7/10 if I had to rate it.