Days Gone

Dec 12, 2001
Coming soon finally. I know many of us have had enough of zombies but it looks to be a very hot PS4 exclusive. Gonna wait for reviews before I put money down buy from what I have seen it looks like a lot of fun.

Oct 20, 2014
It looks like it has gotten some graphical downgrades and each trailer seems less impressive than the last. I was really hyped for this game based on the E3 2016 presentation but now I'm not getting my hopes up too high based on everything since. Hopefully Bend surprises me.

Dec 12, 2001
It looks like it has gotten some graphical downgrades and each trailer seems less impressive than the last. I was really hyped for this game based on the E3 2016 presentation but now I'm not getting my hopes up too high based on everything since. Hopefully Bend surprises me.
Well that happens with every game these days so I’m ok with that. I just wanna know how the combat and survival aspect is. A lot of these games can be very repetitive.

Nov 11, 2004
All the previews I've read or seen say they were actually surprised that they wanted to play it more and it's more story driven than they initially thought.

Unfortunately my gaming backlog is huge since I couldn't play for months so until later this year I'll just be catching up. I got Red Dead Redemption 2 on release day and barely finished it last month and I only ever play one game at a time.

EXCellR8

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2010
Yea everyone dolls up teaser trailers for big reveals, especially for E3, so if it looks less shiny but is a blast to play I'd be ok with that too.

Really need to get my butt in gear and finish the last bit of God of War before jumping into another exclusive but this one has been on my radar; I'm always game for solid exclusives.

Aug 18, 2012
I am getting it, already ordered it on best buy's site for pickup but I do have plans with my girlfriend that weekend so I may not get to it until later. I've been playing Sekiro a lot lately.

From what I've seen, I was actually sick of seeing videos and gameplay for this game everywhere online. I remember the E3 demo and then a bunch other videos and gameplay videos throughout the year or two.

I actually lost interest in the game because they kept showing all these release and gameplay videos but the game itself was very far away from release. So to me that was pointless, showcasing so much about it as to not make people forget about it. Or they really wanted us to think it's so good.

But now that it's closer to release I'll pick it up and try it out. I just think it's going to get boring quickly if every time you are being chased by a giant mob of zombies. It was cool to see in the gameplay portion of the beginning that they showcased, but if that happens all the time I think it would get old and tedious.

I do hope you are free to use the environment to your advantage like they have been saying. I bet it will have a ton of fetch quests. But I will be optimistic that it's open world and you have a fast way to travel to and from. If the story is really good, it could be a great game. I liked dying light but that story was kind of crap.

Oct 18, 1999
I love open world games and pre-ordered it last week. I heard they won't release official reviews until the day before.

Dec 12, 2001
I love open world games and pre-ordered it last week. I heard they won't release official reviews until the day before.
I’m ok with that. It’s when they release reviews after launch that I don’t like.

Hoping it’s a good game.

Aug 18, 2012
I don't really go by reviews anymore. I'll watch ACG do a review for games if he chooses to. Other than that if I think I'll enjoy it I buy it. 9 times out of 10 I never finish the games anyway. I don't really have that much time to play anyway but I still enjoy it. Some reviews are super picky and others are biased.

Dec 12, 2001
I don't really go by reviews anymore. I'll watch ACG do a review for games if he chooses to. Other than that if I think I'll enjoy it I buy it. 9 times out of 10 I never finish the games anyway. I don't really have that much time to play anyway but I still enjoy it. Some reviews are super picky and others are biased.
I’ve become more picky about my gaming so I use them as a general barometer. Especially the user reviews.

Aug 18, 2012
I’ve become more picky about my gaming so I use them as a general barometer. Especially the user reviews.
I actually prefer the user reviews more to get a feel of the game. No one is being paid to talk about it which can be a good thing depending on how you look at it. I'll usually scour Reddit after a game comes out to see what people think. I'm glad I did that for a few months for Anthem. I'm also glad I never bought it either because it's still a mess.

Bioware recently posted Dev job openings to fill positions for loot designers and programmers. That game isn't getting fixed up properly anytime soon.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS