Day # 71 in the hunt for WMD - What has been found

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
You are wrong.

Clinton lied about sex which is far worse than Bush. Bush only lied to start a war.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
How long were the UN inspectors allowed to inspect?

Were they getting shot at?

Were they having to play policeman?

Were they having to provide humanitarian aid?

If you answered yes then you might have a topic to bitch about...

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Nitemare

... so you want to give them more time?

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Czar

LOL :D

dpm

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2002
How long were the UN inspectors allowed to inspect? Were they getting shot at? Were they having to play policeman? Were they having to provide humanitarian aid? If you answered yes then you might have a topic to bitch about...

Of course, I remember certain politicians saying that the reason the UN inspectors never found anything was because of obstruction by Saddam's regime, and that this was another reason why Saddam's regime had to go...

Well, its gone. And apparantly we had concrete evidence of the existance of WMDs, even down to satellite photos and phone intercepts to show us where they were... Indeed they were supposed to have them ready and prepped for use, making them a clear danger to their neighbours.

Now it seems that we knew that actually they destroyed them before the war. or that maybe they destroyed them a long time ago. So, if our rationale for war was that we were going to forcible remove their WMD capability, but we knew that they destroyed that *before* the war, then,duh, maybe we didn't need to actually go to war?

Actually, this isn't what I believe. I believe that the war was justified in terms of removing a horrendous regime alone. I would not be at all suprised to find that the regime did in fact have WMDs, and I wouldn't be suprised if it turned out that their remaining stocks were hidden so well that it takes us a long time to find them. I have no problem with this.

I do have a problem with the lying to and manipulation of the public that certain governments have used. I might still give them the benefit of the doubt, if it were not for wolfowitz's recent comments.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

Yes, and don't give me that line of BS you are about to spew. UN Inspectors had how long in Iraq? Hmmmm.....
Iraq had how long to comply to FULL inspections?
They showed how much "proof" they disposed of their admitted WMD?

Your argument might hold some weight in a year or five ;)

CkG

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY

Yes, and don't give me that line of BS you are about to spew. UN Inspectors had how long in Iraq? Hmmmm.....

CkG

Of course you are wrong ;)

We had a WAR. Not a party. We did this because Saddam did not prove a negative, not because he had weapons we explicitly declared he did. The US was the aggressor here. Not Iraq. Starting a war by selecting information and interpreting it in order to push a violent agenda was wrong. If the inspectors were there for 500 years or 5 minutes, they could not have found what was not there.

Bush said there were WMDs in Iraq and Saddam had to disarm. Well, they arent there, and if I were the supporter of a president who lied to me, I would be pissed. He said they were there, and he knew it, but now he cannot demonstrate that fact.

DZip

Apr 11, 2000
Only three cleaned and ready mobile weapons labs and chemical weapons suites were everywhere. Don't count schools and mosques full of weapons or thousands of bodies with holes in the back of their heads. They may never find a chemical weapons shell as there was plenty of time to hide or move finished weapons. The only real WMD found and eliminated so far has been the Saddam regime.

dpm

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2002
Originally posted by: DZip
Only three cleaned and ready mobile weapons labs and chemical weapons suites were everywhere. Don't count schools and mosques full of weapons or thousands of bodies with holes in the back of their heads. They may never find a chemical weapons shell as there was plenty of time to hide or move finished weapons. The only real WMD found and eliminated so far has been the Saddam regime.

The mobile labs are indeed evidence, but the chemical suits? God, two things the media did which I found really infuriating was keep playing up the chemical weapons suits and "arms caches". Well OF COURSE they are going to have arms caches - they were being invaded after all, and at no point were they banned from having conventional weapons.

And as for the chem suits- how many armies today DONT have chem suits? Especially since the US announced before the conflict that they were planning on using non-lethal chemical weapons. God, how moronic.

oh, and CADkindaGUY, although I've always been unconvinced of the Saddam regimes arguments, losing track/your records of WMDs has been done by other countries than Iraq

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: DZip
those chemical suites are actually used for oil drilling

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Hayabusarider

CkG

Of course you are wrong ;)

We had a WAR. Not a party. We did this because Saddam did not prove a negative, not because he had weapons we explicitly declared he did. The US was the aggressor here. Not Iraq. Starting a war by selecting information and interpreting it in order to push a violent agenda was wrong. If the inspectors were there for 500 years or 5 minutes, they could not have found what was not there.

Bush said there were WMDs in Iraq and Saddam had to disarm. Well, they arent there, and if I were the supporter of a president who lied to me, I would be pissed. He said they were there, and he knew it, but now he cannot demonstrate that fact.

If these WMDs weren't really there - then WTF did the UN send inspectors in for? And better yet..why were you clamoring for "more time for inspections" earlier this year?;)

CkG

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
Looks like the Bush administration dosent need to brainwash their supporters,
as a light rinse is more than sufficient for those who don't think for themselves.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: dpm

oh, and CADkindaGUY, although I've always been unconvinced of the Saddam regimes arguments, losing track/your records of WMDs has been done by <a class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://au.news.yahoo.com/030528/2/k6ul.html" target=blank>other countries than Iraq</A>

But not after that country was told that they were to dispose of and show proof of thier(WMD) destruction ;)

CkG

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: CaptnKirk
Looks like the Bush administration dosent need to brainwash their supporters,
as a light rinse is more than sufficient for those who don't think for themselves.

How's the air up there?
rolleye.gif

CkG

dpm

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2002
Originally posted by: dpm oh, and CADkindaGUY, although I've always been unconvinced of the Saddam regimes arguments, losing track/your records of WMDs has been done by other countries than Iraq
But not after that country was told that they were to dispose of and show proof of thier(WMD) destruction ;) CkG
No, but it was after that country announced itself that it was disposing of their WMDs... ;)

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
Who says I'm a peacenik ?
What I despise is manipulative lying Administrations that treat their citizens as servants.
Nixon did it in the 70's, and Bush is doing it again.
This has nothing to do with war other than subject control and some false patriots
don't have the common sense to come in out of the sh!t-storm.

I did my military time, in combat. I can see through the lies now just as I
saw the manipuilation taking place 35 years ago. Its the return of the same liars.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: CaptnKirk
Who says I'm a peacenik ?
What I despise is manipulative lying Administrations that treat their citizens as servants.
Nixon did it in the 70's, and Bush is doing it again.
This has nothing to do with war other than subject control and some false patriots
don't have the common sense to come in out of the sh!t-storm.

I did my military time, in combat. I can see through the lies now just as I
saw the manipuilation taking place 35 years ago. Its the return of the same liars.

Well, you have spewed many times your idea that those who support this war are blind(false, puppets, and etc) patriots, so I ask you: "if you are against war, what are you?" ;) Oh that's right... you are "anti-this-war"
rolleye.gif
Sure - whatever - maybe I just didn't hear you when you were yelling, screamin, and ranting about Clinton's use of force against Iraq. Sorry - my bad
rolleye.gif

CkG

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
Clinton didn't try to use the war as an excuse to revenge his daddy, nor
did he falsify data to the world to justify the war.
Clinton's Administration tried to inform Bushes people about Al-Queda and their
dangers to our society - and that was dismissed, and Bush's boys are still trying to cover it up

Before you start your 'Clinton Lied' crap, think it through - the Repubklicans spent 8 years
attacking Clinton on anything thet they could, even fabricated stuff to discredit him.
For what ? So they could seat an idiot by default ?

In the 60's & 70's our country would have destroyed any country that tried to do to our country
what Bush and his cronies have succeded in doing.
Our political direction is a mess & getting worse.

dpm

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2002
Originally posted by: CaptnKirk Who says I'm a peacenik ? What I despise is manipulative lying Administrations that treat their citizens as servants. Nixon did it in the 70's, and Bush is doing it again. This has nothing to do with war other than subject control and some false patriots don't have the common sense to come in out of the sh!t-storm. I did my military time, in combat. I can see through the lies now just as I saw the manipuilation taking place 35 years ago. Its the return of the same liars.
Well, you have spewed many times your idea that those who support this war are blind(false, puppets, and etc) patriots, so I ask you: "if you are against war, what are you?" ;) Oh that's right... you are "anti-this-war"
rolleye.gif
Sure - whatever - maybe I just didn't hear you when you were yelling, screamin, and ranting about Clinton's use of force against Iraq. Sorry - my bad
rolleye.gif
CkG

What, so you can either be in favour of war in total or not at all?
rolleye.gif

And, of course, its just possible that you didn't hear him ranting and raving about clinton's use of force because;
a) it happened before both of you joined these forums,
and
b)that and this war aren't the same thing