Daughter moving to Denver ... need some advice!

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
My older daughter just got an IT job in Denver and has to move out there in 2-3 weeks time. (I'm so proud!) I've been in Denver a few times myself but it was quite awhile ago and I wasn't in a looking for a place to live state of mind.

Any advice my fellow ATOT'ers can offer in terms of decent neighborhoods, apartments etc would be most welcome.

:)

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Which area of town will she be working?

Not 100% sure there are a few locations she might end up in ... not very helpful I know.

All she told me was that she wants to be around 20 minutes out of downtown. So far she's been looking at apartments in Aurora, place called Silverbrook. Obviously safety is my main concern ... along with proximity to skiing for when I visit! :p

Also note she has a big dog and a cat she plans on keeping.

Edit: After a little digging it appears she'll be working in Lodo or Auraria near where I-25 and 70 meet.

Last edited:

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
My older daughter just got an IT job in Denver and has to move out there in 2-3 weeks time. (I'm so proud!) I've been in Denver a few times myself but it was quite awhile ago and I wasn't in a looking for a place to live state of mind.

Any advice my fellow ATOT'ers can offer in terms of decent neighborhoods, apartments etc would be most welcome.

:)
Congratulations are in order!!!!

Reactions: Captante

KB

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 1999
I'm guessing the whole city reeks of weed by now.

It sure does! I drove through Denver a few years ago. I could smell the weed while driving 65 mph on the highway and saw several people smoking it while driving.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
It sure does! I drove through Denver a few years ago. I could smell the weed while driving 65 mph on the highway and saw several people smoking it while driving.
That's probably why you smelled it, but the whole city definitely doesn't smell. I was at a couple music stores, a couple restaurants, and the science museum last October and didn't smell it anywhere.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Not 100% sure there are a few locations she might end up in ... not very helpful I know.

All she told me was that she wants to be around 20 minutes out of downtown. So far she's been looking at apartments in Aurora, place called Silverbrook. Obviously safety is my main concern ... along with proximity to skiing for when I visit! :p

Also note she has a big dog and a cat she plans on keeping.

Edit: After a little digging it appears she'll be working in Lodo or Auraria near where I-25 and 70 meet.

Aurora is mostly fine/nice--a bit suburby...but like I said, just stay away from the Colfax area between Aurora and Denver. If she ends up there, you can stop by the Bull & Bush when you visit! They brew cask ales and the whole place is just amazing.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Colfax Avenue

(no, don't)
^ The only place I got truly awful food from a roach coach.

That said, if your daughter can find a place within walking distance of a light rail station out near or west of the Federal Center, there is a lot to recommend the area. Green Mountain Park is good for daily walks/biking and Golden is nice. Avoiding a daily drive in Denver is a good way to maintain sanity. The area has an extensive greenway system for biking.

Reactions: njdevilsfan87

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
Just a piece of advice, but with your other recent discussions / disclosures, this is something you shouldn't be asking other users on here. o_O

1dfm56.jpg

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
Big dawg I thought your ideal age was "preferably barely 18." OH SNAP
Since the young women in question is getting a job in IT, she would have to be older then 18, right? And for the record, my ideal age is 18 to early 30's. And to very clear about this, I'm only seeking relationships with adult women.

Nov 20, 2009
Since the young women in question is getting a job in IT, she would have to be older then 18, right? And for the record, my ideal age is 18 to early 30's. And to very clear about this, I'm only seeking relationships with adult women.
Working way too hard at faking it, perv.

Luna1968

Golden Member
Mar 9, 2019
Aurora is slum. Whats her rent budget, that will help a lot in where she will be living. Rent in denver and suburbs is very high.