Daughter moving to Denver ... need some advice!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Mar 11, 2004
Fake what exactly? And how am a perv?

I'm glad you seemingly have matured a lot, but you've said some troubling things with regards to women lately.

I had a quote where you'd wrote something especially troubling (how you would have acted when younger), but this isn't the thread to be talking about this.

Last edited:

Luna1968

Golden Member
Mar 9, 2019
About $1400 + util

Thornton and Northglen would be good areas to look for an apartment. lots of new development going on in those two burbs and close to her work. Broomfield would be a area of interest as well.

Eno Safirey

Dec 14, 2012
Colfax Avenue (no, don't)
Aurora is slum.

Tourists rent a car and head east on Colfax to see the crazy sights everybody talks about...which exists only late at night in sketchy areas. They keep driving until they hit Aurora and are greeted by numerous Asian and Hispanic businesses. They then turn around and head back to Denver to tell their friends, "yeah, we saw Aurora- it's really awful!".

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Tourists rent a car and head east on Colfax to see the crazy sights everybody talks about...which exists only late at night in sketchy areas. They keep driving until they hit Aurora and are greeted by numerous Asian and Hispanic businesses. They then turn around and head back to Denver to tell their friends, "yeah, we saw Aurora- it's really awful!".

Yes, it's just one particular area. I have friend that lived in Aurora for many years, and a group of us would try to visit at least annually for ski vacations in Summit county. Aurora is completely fine--as suburby as a suburb can be. But we did once visit a pal of his living in one of the sketchier parts off of Colfax one night, to pick up some ....stuff....and yeah, the stories are real.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
My buddy moved to Denver from the East Coast 6 years ago and loves it. He lives near Congress park and his other favorite neighbrohood to live in would be near Cheesman park he said.

Luna1968

Golden Member
Mar 9, 2019

i live in denver, grew up here. im pretty sure i know the area.