Dating more than one person at once -- yay or nay?

GT1999

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I [attempted] to search for a topic on this and did not find one. This is a serious question and I'm looking for serious replies -- no flaming please.

Ylen13

Banned
Sep 18, 2001
if u created a poll u would get much more replys

edit. as for your question its nay

GT1999

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Ylen13
if u created a poll u would get much more replys

There's a reason I didn't create a poll (I was looking for opinions why), but I suppose you're right.

cpals

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2001
I don't think it would be wise, unless you're looking to get ditched by both persons at the same time when they find out.

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Define "dating."

Some people have deep emotional scarring that prevents them from even contemplating such a hedonistic, heinous act.

I, on the other hand, have almost no morals when it comes to the fairer sex. Bad sex is better than a good day at work. :D

In my heyday, I once juggled three women for about two months straight. Great way to lose 20 pounds, go broke, get dehydrated and get almost no sleep. But man, was that fun.

Oh sorry...this is about you, right? :p

It all depends on you, buddy. Obviously, you're not telling Girl A that there was a Girl B in your bed last night and same goes for Girl B. How would you feel if one found out and started bawling her eyes out? Would that bother you?

Also, how would you feel if that same girl slashed all four of your tires? These are things you must contemplate.

Barnaby W. Füi

Elite Member
Aug 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Geekish Thoughts
Originally posted by: BingBongWongFooey
What do you mean by "dating"? How serious?

That's up to you. :) State your opinions on both.

If it's just casual, then sure, nothing wrong with it. But if you are to the point where you feel some sort of connection to the person and it is mutual, you should probably not be seeing other people, eh, it's too hard to say. It depends on individual people and individual situations.

cpals

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2001
Originally posted by: MichaelD
Also, how would you feel if that same girl slashed all four of your tires? These are things you must contemplate.

Hehe. :)

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Are you talking about something like polyamory (or whatever it's called)? I wouldn't think that it's a good idea, since people get hurt very easily, even when they think they won't.

cpals

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2001
Originally posted by: Chaotic42
Are you talking about something like polyamory (or whatever it's called)? I wouldn't think that it's a good idea, since people get hurt very easily, even when they think they won't.

I think you're talking about:
Polygamy \Po*lyg"a*my\, n. [Gr. ?; cf. F. polygamie.] 1. The having of a plurality of wives or husbands at the same time; usually, the marriage of a man to more than one woman, or the practice of having several wives, at the same time

Which wouldn't be the case, since he's not talking about being married to them.

EDIT: Nevermind... I think I'm wrong.

Polyamory refers to all forms of multi-partner relating between adults which are ethical and consensual.

imported_Tomato

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2002
If it's casual, I think dating more than one person simultaneously is fine. As long as everyone involved knows what's going on. If I'm dating casually, I'll let the people I'm dating know that I am, because it's only fair to them.

If it's more serious, then no, I don't support it.

Maverick

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2000
if you're okay with her doing the same then go for it. But I don't think my conscious would allow me to pull it off.

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
Nope. Its just not me to date someone I don't feel anything for beyond a physical attraction. Seeing as that's the case, no way I can date more the one person at a time.

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001
Y'know, back in the day (according to my dad), you called around on a Friday night to find a date if you wanted to go out. You were only restricted to one person if you were "going steady". I kinda wonder what happened to that. Now if you have one official "date", you're dating until you "break up", it seems. I don't know that the casual way wasn't better, if you have to pick one or the other.

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001
This topic will make some nerds here hate you more than missing out on that Dell 6 rebate computer months ago.

Yay especially if they will both stay over the same night! ;) alot of people do it but I think you are not going to find a satisfing long term relationship from either since more than one seems like what you want in your life right now.