Dating is not just about relationships and sex

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
It's also about networking apparently. While I have met a few cool girls this year that turned into some casual dating of the 10 I have went on first dates with, no relationship has blossomed yet. But, one girl who I dated for a couple of months but we kinda just drifted apart, reached back out to me to help her buy a 3br condo and sell her current 2br residence. It will be anywhere from a total of 700-800K in transactions for both deals. She is not in the pricier parts of town, but it's a nice chunk of change. Plus I should get buyer leads from the listing.

You never know where your next deal will come from, and this applies to any type of business I'm sure.

Anyone else have stories where dating turned into a positive business relationship of some kind?

I didn't post this in L&R because I didn't think anybody really goes in there.

deadlyapp

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2004
When I was still in the dating pool I generally didn't go into it expecting a romantic connection off the bat. I have a few people I dated that just ended up being good friends or connections to other things. I don't think I've gotten or got any business deals or benefits out of any dating partner but I definitely could see it happening. Always good to be just a good human being, even if the romance isn't there.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I guess it could be if you're in the kind of gig where that would make a difference.

tenor.gif

• Wow
Reactions: nakedfrog

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
posting in an alkemyst thread

wasn't that guy all about making the big bucks?

even if I sell her place and help her buy her new one and it totals to 800K in transactions, at say an average commission of 2.25%, that's 18K. So after taxes let's say 12K. It's a nice chunk of change but you gotta do that 10x, so 20 deals total, of that size, or 8 million dollars in total transactions, which is not easy, to start getting into ATOT money.

Last edited:
Reactions: BudAshes

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
I thought real estate agents look at every soul as a client.....wait might I be confusing them with death life insurance salesmen.

Feb 4, 2009
I thought real estate agents look at every soul as a client.....wait might I be confusing them with death life insurance salesmen.

Nope, there are many you don’t want to touch. Talk with them is fine, try to transact nope.
Got to do with Ethics, Lawsuits, complaints and just wasted time with the couple who want to “buy low & sell high” and otherwise have no business plan at all. Plus that couple will drop you the instant someone is cheaper than you.

sandyparker272

Feb 15, 2022
It's also about networking apparently. While I have met a few cool girls this year that turned into some casual dating of the 10 I have went on first dates with, no relationship has blossomed yet. But, one girl who I dated for a couple of months but we kinda just drifted apart, reached back out to me to help her buy a 3br condo and sell her current 2br residence. It will be anywhere from a total of 700-800K in transactions for both deals. She is not in the pricier parts of town, but it's a nice chunk of change. Plus I should get buyer leads from the listing.

You never know where your next deal will come from, and this applies to any type of business I'm sure.

Anyone else have stories where dating turned into a positive business relationship of some kind?

Dating is also about respecting each others values along with relationship and sex i feel.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001

Sounds like you got friendzoned, dude. Maybe you should be more aggressive this time? When closing time comes, it's time to "close the deal"!

• Haha
Reactions: Captante

deadlyapp

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2004
Sounds like you got friendzoned, dude. Maybe you should be more aggressive this time? When closing time comes, it's time to "close the deal"!
You can't force a connection and "closing the deal" is sure to get you put into harassment territory if they don't feel the same way.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
My wife and I have been able to leverage each other to advance in our careers much quicker than our peers. Not specifically the same thing, but similar.

Also, when you run a business, every contact is a potential client or potential hater. I used to work at GE and helped with some interviewers. We were taught that how we treated and interacted with interviewees could determine whether they bought or avoided GE products for the rest of their lives, even though I was in the aircraft engines division.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
She wasn't the one for me. After a few dates and then her staying over, I knew it was nice enough and better than most other girls I had recently went on dates with, but she wasn't the one to stop the search for.

I kinda did the slow fade but she may have been doing the same, I don't know. Which would be perfect because then nobody's feelings got hurt. I like that the best.

Glad I kept looking, my GF now is definitely on another level in the ways I connect with people not just compared to recent girls I've dated, but compared to past relationships.

Still looking for a place for this other girl though. We've probably seen like 15 properties and she's probably gone to like another 5 open houses on her own. She did up her budget quite a bit recently and I got her a sneak preview to a place before it goes on the market in her building, which she likes. So fingers crossed this is the one.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
I need to get this out of my system

"Dating is not just about relationships and sex"
- Not what your mom said

My apologies to all involved