• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Dating is not just about relationships and sex

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
It's also about networking apparently. While I have met a few cool girls this year that turned into some casual dating of the 10 I have went on first dates with, no relationship has blossomed yet. But, one girl who I dated for a couple of months but we kinda just drifted apart, reached back out to me to help her buy a 3br condo and sell her current 2br residence. It will be anywhere from a total of 700-800K in transactions for both deals. She is not in the pricier parts of town, but it's a nice chunk of change. Plus I should get buyer leads from the listing.

You never know where your next deal will come from, and this applies to any type of business I'm sure.

Anyone else have stories where dating turned into a positive business relationship of some kind?

I didn't post this in L&R because I didn't think anybody really goes in there.

deadlyapp

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2004
When I was still in the dating pool I generally didn't go into it expecting a romantic connection off the bat. I have a few people I dated that just ended up being good friends or connections to other things. I don't think I've gotten or got any business deals or benefits out of any dating partner but I definitely could see it happening. Always good to be just a good human being, even if the romance isn't there.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
posting in an alkemyst thread
wasn't that guy all about making the big bucks?

even if I sell her place and help her buy her new one and it totals to 800K in transactions, at say an average commission of 2.25%, that's 18K. So after taxes let's say 12K. It's a nice chunk of change but you gotta do that 10x, so 20 deals total, of that size, or 8 million dollars in total transactions, which is not easy, to start getting into ATOT money.

Last edited:
Reactions: BudAshes

Torn Mind

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2012
I thought real estate agents look at every soul as a client.....wait might I be confusing them with death life insurance salesmen.

Feb 4, 2009
I thought real estate agents look at every soul as a client.....wait might I be confusing them with death life insurance salesmen.
Nope, there are many you don’t want to touch. Talk with them is fine, try to transact nope.
Got to do with Ethics, Lawsuits, complaints and just wasted time with the couple who want to “buy low & sell high” and otherwise have no business plan at all. Plus that couple will drop you the instant someone is cheaper than you.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS