Racan

Golden Member
Sep 22, 2012
tenor.png

Reactions: Igo69

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
Almost makes Deus Ex look silly but I really hope it delivers. Not like CD Projekt to release a turd though so I have a good feeling...

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Wow nice, didn't know it was up for pre-order already. Yeah it looks absolutely INCREDIBLE. I'm definitely gonna pre-order it. Ugh, it's so damn long until it's out though haha.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Saw it this morning too. Stoked about this one, but lol at the pre-release time. ...I guess they did this with Witcher 3 as well? I will pre-order as CDPR are probably the only company that I have confidence in their products, but will wait until, I dunno, next year to do it.

I picked up Witcher 3 ~2 days before release for $15 off, so plenty of time to wait for "a deal" on this one. Just glad there is now a release date. Now, to see if it will be delayed. E3 is this week, so I'm kinda surprised they put this up before any additional public showing later this week.

...and LOL that V Tech is still a thing in 2077

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
I'm sure it will be a stellar game, but what I learned from the Witcher 3 is to wait for the DLC. The game was so involved that I was never able to get back into it after beating the original story. Forgot all of the mechanics and struggled with trash mobs.

Reactions: Martimus

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I'm definitely getting this game for PC but I'm not preordering. I know it will be good but I don't see the point in pre orders when we still have a while to go. It's gonna be a lot of fun if they did the world and story/quests similar to how the Witcher 3 was structured.

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
I'm looking forward to this game, but I'm waiting for the "Game of the Year"/"Definitive Edition"/"Directors Cut" or whatever they name the "everything" edition.

Reactions: SMOGZINN

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I'm sure it will be a stellar game, but what I learned from the Witcher 3 is to wait for the DLC. The game was so involved that I was never able to get back into it after beating the original story. Forgot all of the mechanics and struggled with trash mobs.

It definitely changes the balance when they start adding that DLC, more levels, more items, etc. So you pretty much have to start over if you play a vanilla game through and come back some time later to start the DLC...well, depending on what kind of min/max gearing type of person you are.

With me, I was perfectly happy coming back to W3 about a year? later after all the DLC and newgame+ was out. I just started a new playthrough in newgame+, to make sure I got some proper green sets and nice epic weapon drops or whatever. ...I think I even had a more complete main-game playthrough that time and it was much quicker. (for one thing--I ignored most of the billions of loot drops on the map--for whatever reason, I wasted so much time in that little canoe all over Skellige, just trying to pick those up, lol).

The DLC for W3 is absolutely phenomenal, though.

I think Cyberpunk has a couple of classes and play styles to choose? This would give me more incentive for a 2nd complete playthrough after the game is thoroughly updated.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I expect I'll pick it up when the complete edition is on sale for $15 in a few years. By then I'll probably have a 4K gaming setup too.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I picked up Witcher 3 ~2 days before release for $15 off, so plenty of time to wait for "a deal" on this one. Just glad there is now a release date. Now, to see if it will be delayed. E3 is this week, so I'm kinda surprised they put this up before any additional public showing later this week.

I find GMG is usually the best place for deals on pre-release games. If there's a discount, it's usually for 20%+!

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Yup I bought Witcher 3 on gmg with the dlc. I just hope the save files I backed up will work because they were from the standalone game.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
It definitely changes the balance when they start adding that DLC, more levels, more items, etc. So you pretty much have to start over if you play a vanilla game through and come back some time later to start the DLC...well, depending on what kind of min/max gearing type of person you are.

With me, I was perfectly happy coming back to W3 about a year? later after all the DLC and newgame+ was out. I just started a new playthrough in newgame+, to make sure I got some proper green sets and nice epic weapon drops or whatever. ...I think I even had a more complete main-game playthrough that time and it was much quicker. (for one thing--I ignored most of the billions of loot drops on the map--for whatever reason, I wasted so much time in that little canoe all over Skellige, just trying to pick those up, lol).

The DLC for W3 is absolutely phenomenal, though.

I think Cyberpunk has a couple of classes and play styles to choose? This would give me more incentive for a 2nd complete playthrough after the game is thoroughly updated.

Starting over is probably what I would have to do but not sure if I went to put in the 90 hours like I did the first time. I just know that W3 will launch on the Switch right when I get started and I will want to jump over to it.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
^ I hate to be that guy, but I have concerns: this game being released on old-ass platforms like xOne or PS4 or whatever they are these days. the next gen consoles are out at the end of next year, barely 6 months after this game releases....it gives me that "DAI pause" regarding all of the complaining and moaning about that game being brought down by garbage PS3 and X360 fidelity.

......Yes, I hate to be that guy, because I remember the gnashing of teeth from all the dorks and nerds about the W3 release and being "savagely lied to!" regarding in-engine renders for advertising and then the final release (all the complaints were pure garbage in the end), but I mean...seriously, why isn't this game on console delay until the next gen arrives?

Are they making a PC exclusive version that won't look and play like crap, at least?

EDIT: OK, actually watched the video up to 4 minutes...lol holy batpoop awesome. :D
These guys put on a show.

Reactions: Midwayman

GoodRevrnd

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
^ I hate to be that guy, but I have concerns: this game being released on old-ass platforms like xOne or PS4 or whatever they are these days. the next gen consoles are out at the end of next year, barely 6 months after this game releases....it gives me that "DAI pause" regarding all of the complaining and moaning about that game being brought down by garbage PS3 and X360 fidelity.

......Yes, I hate to be that guy, because I remember the gnashing of teeth from all the dorks and nerds about the W3 release and being "savagely lied to!" regarding in-engine renders for advertising and then the final release (all the complaints were pure garbage in the end), but I mean...seriously, why isn't this game on console delay until the next gen arrives?

Are they making a PC exclusive version that won't look and play like crap, at least?

EDIT: OK, actually watched the video up to 4 minutes...lol holy batpoop awesome. :D
I gotta agree, really surprised this isn't a next gen launch title. Still gonna be nuts. W3 was a minor iq reduction, not like they went ubi on us.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001

It might be like GTA5 where it looked amazing on the hardware, but really struggled with things like loading and framerate drop. Then a year later they re-release it for the current gen hardware and everyone buys it a second time.

I do have to ask the more in-the-known folks here. When did Keanu become awesome again? I know the Matrix was a thing back in the day, but he was ripped left and right for not being able to act in subsequent movies. I can see the appeal of someone like Norman Reedus, but I didn't get the vibe with Keanu.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
It might be like GTA5 where it looked amazing on the hardware, but really struggled with things like loading and framerate drop. Then a year later they re-release it for the current gen hardware and everyone buys it a second time.

I do have to ask the more in-the-known folks here. When did Keanu become awesome again? I know the Matrix was a thing back in the day, but he was ripped left and right for not being able to act in subsequent movies. I can see the appeal of someone like Norman Reedus, but I didn't get the vibe with Keanu.

Keanu was pretty much "a terrible actor" well before the Matrix, mainly because of his narrow range of playing the same duh dude-bro in every flick. He's a cool dude, though, and has certainly done some interesting projects throughout. I get the feeling that audiences have just warmed up to the dude for what he is. He's very laid back IRL and certainly pushes and wins at that "I am not Hollywood" persona that Harrison Ford kinda made famous.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010

I take it you haven't seen the John Wick movies?

Igo69

Apr 26, 2015
I dont get this at all why Keanu Reeves doing in this game is it to sell more copies of it. This game is gonna sell without him. I think it looks odd when they put real people in a computer game

Last edited:

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I dont get this at all why Keanu Reeves doing in this game is it to sell more copies of it. This game is gonna sell without him.
Yea I agree. I guess it makes it "cooler". I knew I was going to buy it from the start before I knew he would be in it.