Cyberpunk 2077

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
Unfortunately, your money didn't go to Randy or any of the BL team since TPS was developed by 2K Australia instead of Gearbox.

Though I am with you that I prefer to support a developer who actually cares, but in this day, that list is pretty much just CDPR and a handful of indie teams.

I'm playing TPS right now and, after what I considered to be a slow start, I'm enjoying it. But I don't like the Australia themes that (naturally?) came from being developed by 2K Australia.

Nothing against the Aussies, but Janey Springs, Pickle, etc. just aren't as amusing as say Scooter and his cousin.

Back to Cyberpunk, I agree that I appreciate CDPR as being a developer who seems to care. But money changes things. I suspect there about to make a lot of money. Here's hoping they don't change (much).

Igo69

Apr 26, 2015
The map of the game has been leaked. I took a glance but dont want to post it here so not to ruin fun for myself and everyone

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009
Does anyone else feel that the fact you can't drive flying cars feel a bit disappointing? When I think of Cyberpunk, I always think of flying cars. When I see gameplay of driving in cars, it just feels like more GTA.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
The map of the game has been leaked. I took a glance but dont want to post it here so not to ruin fun for myself and everyone

I've seen some mentions of the map but it's really hard to put it in perspective. As long as the size is relative to the length of play I'm fine. In games like Horizon Zero Dawn, I felt like I was running from camp fire to camp fire with a lot of the same in between. Whereas something like Dark Souls has a "small" map but so much of it has significance.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Delayed again! February 2021 is the new date. :(:(:( .....

JOKING ... had you going had I not? :):)

Reactions: Igo69

Igo69

Apr 26, 2015
When are the new Radeon cards coming out, the game is getting released in about 3 weeks and i was thinking purchasing new AMD GPU or getting 5700XT cheap?

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
When are the new Radeon cards coming out, the game is getting released in about 3 weeks and i was thinking purchasing new AMD GPU or getting 5700XT cheap?
I read somewhere revealed like Oct 28th but not sure when they will be up for purchase.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

please read the internet and stop bumping threads that will make people angry for no reason. I mean, there's a fricking 65 page thread about AMD's RNDA2 release in these forums, RIGHT NOW, that will tell you everything you need to know, if you just expend 7 mouse clicks-worth of energy.

:D

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
please read the internet and stop bumping threads that will make people angry for no reason. I mean, there's a fricking 65 page thread about AMD's RNDA2 release in these forums, RIGHT NOW, that will tell you everything you need to know, if you just expend 7 mouse clicks-worth of energy.

:D

-Everything you need to know.... *AND MORE*.

Be mindful wandering into that thread, you'll walk out thinking it's the second coming of our Lord and Savior Lisa Su.

Reactions: blckgrffn

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I don't read rumors and speculations

so then what kind of information are you hoping to get? Veyr little is known right now, and all that is can be found on At main page and everywhere else.

Oct 28th is the official announcement, but still, no one knows what will be revealed there (meaning, paper launch?) and what the stack will actually be

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Game is delayed now until December.

People on reddit complaining because they took off work for the game and now can't change their time off. Weird concept to me but I've never personally needed a day off to play a video game.

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
Game is delayed now until December.

People on reddit complaining because they took off work for the game and now can't change their time off. Weird concept to me but I've never personally needed a day off to play a video game.

They say it is because they have too many versions they need to test. I vote to remove Stadia support to reduce their workload. :p

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
They say it is because they have too many versions they need to test. I vote to remove Stadia support to reduce their workload. :p
And also possibly it's not optimized as best as it could be for the ampere cards since not many could get the 3080 or 3090 cards to test with.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

like we didn't already know that 2020 is just one unending series of dickpunches.

anyway, what does "going gold" mean now, anyway? Are they really stamping out physical media these days?

(oh right, consoles....jerks ruin everything)

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
like we didn't already know that 2020 is just one unending series of dickpunches.

anyway, what does "going gold" mean now, anyway? Are they really stamping out physical media these days?

(oh right, consoles....jerks ruin everything)

"Going gold means the product is finished, but just cause its finished dont mean we still cant improve on it."
-CDRekt.

I wanna know *what* console is causing the #%#""! (its not PC, nope) .. sounds like they are in that phase where fixing 5% of the problem is taking 50%+ of the time.

Split the codebase already and give us our game... and let the xbox1 wait.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
"Going gold means the product is finished, but just cause its finished dont mean we still cant improve on it."
-CDRekt.

I wanna know *what* console is causing the #%#""! (its not PC, nope) .. sounds like they are in that phase where fixing 5% of the problem is taking 50%+ of the time.

Split the codebase already and give us our game... and let the xbox1 wait.
Going gold doesnt mean anything now. It used to mean something when physical sales were #1. No longer the case now as we will see digital take over later.

21 days of more development doesn't leave much to add to the game. As a software developer myself, that's just another sprint and a half or so of testing or making small code changes for improvement where it won't impact major functionality.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Going gold doesnt mean anything now. It used to mean something when physical sales were #1. No longer the case now as we will see digital take over later.

21 days of more development doesn't leave much to add to the game. As a software developer myself, that's just another sprint and a half or so of testing or making small code changes for improvement where it won't impact major functionality.

You assume or know they are running agile? :)

edit

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
You assume or know they are running agile? :)

edit
They are small enough where they should be agile but I've been on several teams where the interpretation of "agile" is completely different.

I think a ton of people had super high expectations for this title but at this point I'm afraid it won't live up to the hype. Although I hope I am wrong.

Reactions: cytg111