Cyberpunk 2077

Page 39 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Patch 1.5 is out, the most substantial one yet, though some people will be pissed that they haven't mentioned any changes to police behavior.

Patch 1.5 & Next-Generation Update — list of changes - Cyberpunk 2077 — from the creators of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

I've been holding out for updated/improved control configuration.

I found the keyboard/mouse setup awkward (yep... I'm one of "those people" who prefers arrow-keys over WASD) and for me at least the unchangeable defaults really killed "immersion".

Looks like I'll have to keep waiting for a second play-through. :confused:

Racan

Golden Member
Sep 22, 2012
I've been holding out for updated/improved control configuration.

I found the keyboard/mouse setup awkward (yep... I'm one of "those people" who prefers arrow-keys over WASD) and for me at least the unchangeable defaults really killed "immersion".

Looks like I'll have to keep waiting for a second play-through. :confused:

Works for me:

Capture.PNG

Reactions: Captante

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
So, I downloaded all the patch file from GOG and it keeps failing saying either it cant find part 1 or its not the right patch.

I did download the PS5 version and in raytrace mode at 4k it crawls and I dont see any raytracing benefits so far.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Sounds like a lot of changes in the 1.5 patch for PC too. I have not touched the game since the 2nd patch which probably means if I go back to it now, I would be better off starting over.

Reactions: Racan and Captante

Racan

Golden Member
Sep 22, 2012
Sounds like a lot of changes in the 1.5 patch for PC too. I have not touched the game since the 2nd patch which probably means if I go back to it now, I would be better off starting over.

Yeah there are lots of small changes and fixes many not even mentioned in the patch notes and they add up, I think a new playthrough is required.

Jul 27, 2020
Edge Chromium ate 1.5GB RAM displaying that guide. Avoid clicking if you are short on available RAM and using an HDD.

GrumpyMan

Diamond Member
May 14, 2001
Since I have not upgraded my video card yet, a Vega 64, I have to use the AMD Radeon 21.11.2 drivers. Otherwise I cannot see any dark areas inside and underneath buildings etc in this game only. Maybe AMD will fix in newer releases, but not lately it seems. Game plays good on them though.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Something about this game makes me feel motion sick. I'm not sure why. I tried turning down the motion blur, but that didn't help. I had the same problem with the new Doom game as well, but not with Forza 5 oddly enough.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
i read the patch notes and nonwistanding the fact that i havent had CP77 on my system for years, i could not help but thinking that i would have felt betrayed if i was playing it and THIS was the patch notes. Not only they basically changed nothing, but it's still .. how shall i put this ..

Well, it IS 2077. I wanted to know where all the flying cars for normal folks were, it seemed unfair that you needed to be a Corpo to get one!

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
I'm wondering whether to get this patch. The 1.3 patch killed the framerate for me, but I have newer graphics drivers now. I'm done with the game but might return to it if they release substantial DLCs.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Late to the party but I snagged a 3080ti after debating it so long. Playing this game on my 1080ti is a bit painful lol.

This game seems to benefit greatly from DLSS. I am going to use RT but I was wondering if anyone has tested 1440p with quality DLSS vs 4K with performance DLSS. Seems to being similar results in frame rate. Is there any noticeable difference in quality? I’ll be playing with VRR too so I can alleviate any small FPS drops to some extent.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Late to the party but I snagged a 3080ti after debating it so long. Playing this game on my 1080ti is a bit painful lol.

This game seems to benefit greatly from DLSS. I am going to use RT but I was wondering if anyone has tested 1440p with quality DLSS vs 4K with performance DLSS. Seems to being similar results in frame rate. Is there any noticeable difference in quality? I’ll be playing with VRR too so I can alleviate any small FPS drops to some extent.

I don't have a 4k monitor and when I played it was 3440x1440p with mostly high/ultra settings. I did use quality dlss but at the time my fps wasn't the best. Probably around 80 fps during the day and little less at night.

At most I found quality dlss not much different than performance dlss, but performance seemed to give better numbers. Mind you I have not played the game recently after the latest patches. So I'm also curious now if it behaves any different.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
I don't have a 4k monitor and when I played it was 3440x1440p with mostly high/ultra settings. I did use quality dlss but at the time my fps wasn't the best. Probably around 80 fps during the day and little less at night.

At most I found quality dlss not much different than performance dlss, but performance seemed to give better numbers. Mind you I have not played the game recently after the latest patches. So I'm also curious now if it behaves any different.

Honestly for this game I think anything above 40fps minimum and as close to 60fps average for me would be ok with VRR enabled. I’ll be using my 65” LG CX TV in the game room.

I understand how DLSS works and all that but it’s hard to find any real comparisons graphically. The performance between 4K with DLSS in performance mode and 1440p DLSS quality mode is similar overall at maxed settings from what I understand. I just wonder if it’s worth the performance hit to run a higher resolution. Is it noticeable? Since at 4K the performance mode of DLSS is rendering at 1080p internally. However all the benchmarks I’ve found are turning off some of the ray tracing options. Can’t find any benchmarks of maxed out settings so I’m just going based on Reddit user feedback etc

Last edited:

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Honestly for this game I think anything above 40fps minimum and as close to 60fps average for me would be ok with VRR enabled. I’ll be using my 65” LG CX TV in the game room.

I understand how DLSS works and all that but it’s hard to find any real comparisons graphically. The performance between 4K with DLSS in performance mode and 1440p DLSS quality mode is similar overall at maxed settings from what I understand. I just wonder if it’s worth the performance hit to run a higher resolution. Is it noticeable? Since at 4K the performance mode of DLSS is rendering at 1080p internally. However all the benchmarks I’ve found are turning off some of the ray tracing options. Can’t find any benchmarks of maxed out settings so I’m just going based on Reddit user feedback etc
I probably wouldn't run dlss in performance mode on 4k because things may turn out a bit blurry compared to a lower resolution. Performance dlss in every game I've tried has had this effect.

I would probably do 4k and use balanced dlss if I were playing on a large 65 inch TV. There is a digital foundry optimized settings video which I also used when I had my 1080ti and then went to a 3080ti.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Its been awhile but I played @ 2k/165hz no DLSS with RT enabled and really didn't have any performance issues at all with a 3080FE/5800x.

I just finished re-downloading the game and will be getting around to a second play-through soon.

Looking forward to seeing how it looks with RTX enabled and DSR @ 4k.

Last edited:

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
I probably wouldn't run dlss in performance mode on 4k because things may turn out a bit blurry compared to a lower resolution. Performance dlss in every game I've tried has had this effect.

I would probably do 4k and use balanced dlss if I were playing on a large 65 inch TV. There is a digital foundry optimized settings video which I also used when I had my 1080ti and then went to a 3080ti.

The new DLSS 2.3 is supposed to be better and you can enable some sharpening in the control panel as well. Native will always be better than scaling though. 4K performance DLSS scales from 1080p and 1440p quality is about 960p according to what I’ve found. I’m not sure if 1440p native is doable with the settings I’m looking for. Guess I’ll have to experiment with the different options and see what works best. Unlike most people I don’t demand 60fps minimums in games like this. I see a lot of people turning off RT just to push framerates but I played a few hours already and my framerate dipped into the 30s lol

Last edited:

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
On a 12700k and a 3080 I had about 50-55fps with everything maxed out, quality DLS and 3440x1440. If I turned off RT I would shoot up +30-40fps. You could definitely feel the difference in game play smoothness even with gsync running. But I chose to run max out settings and accepted the 50fps.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I don't have an "ultra-wide" and so only have to push 2560x1440 which most likely explains the higher FPS (avg 60-65) I got even though your CPU is a bit faster then my 5800x.

I was hoping all the patch's would improve performance.