Cutco

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Rock Hydra

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2004
Originally posted by: DrPizza
Our set, was of course, bought at a tremendous discount... :)
I lived (and live about 12 miles away now) in the city where they are made.

That reminds me... I've gotta see about getting a nice cutco hunting knife with a gut hook. A friend said he'd pick one up for me one of these days :)

What town do you live in? I live in Cattaraugus, which is about 30 miles from Olean.

swimscubasteve

Jun 10, 2005
Well, I used to cook in 5 star kitchens where knives tend to be an extension of one's hand and if I ever brought in a cutco knife they would have chopped off my hand extension with a real knife.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Rock Hydra
I just got a job in the past week working for Vector, the marketing division of Cutco.
Aparently they're some great knives and do some sweet stuff. Who else uses Cutco knives? I think I'm going to buy a set when I can affrord it. They look cool and I get a discount. :D
/spam.

I've got a bridge for sale in Brooklyn if you are interested...

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: nocash
I went to one of their "interviews" a few years back basically they was trying to sell everyone the sales kit doubt if they cared if you sold any or not. I ran as soon as I could

SAme here

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Rock Hydra
Originally posted by: gw186
Originally posted by: DrPizza
I have a set and love them. We've had them for 15 or 16 years.... perfect condition still.

My mom has a set probably 30 years old. Could use sharping but still in great shape.

Yeah, my mom has a 30 year old set. They're great. That's why I wanted a set at a discount.
But, I'm not taking any chances with this whole deal, though.
My grandfather has a set equally old; they were great knives, but from everything I've read they seem to have tanked in the last 5-10 years or so.

desteffy

Golden Member
Jul 16, 2004
My parents have some, They are actually really good. I think they are too expensive though.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
oh god that scam. they exploit the sympathy of your friends and relatives to sell over priced medium grade knives. no one else in their right mind will actually be your customer. its a total scam.

don't be a stooge, get out of there.