Rock Hydra

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2004
I just got a job in the past week working for Vector, the marketing division of Cutco.
Aparently they're some great knives and do some sweet stuff. Who else uses Cutco knives? I think I'm going to buy a set when I can affrord it. They look cool and I get a discount. :D
/spam.

EGGO

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2004
Oh boy...you sir, got yourself in a scam.

Start using google...NOW.

yhelothar

Lifer
Dec 11, 2002
yeah my mom bought into the scam.. i have a few of those..
They don't seem bad.. but then again.. I don't know anything about knives.

shilala

Lifer
Oct 5, 2004
Originally posted by: BigFatCow
Originally posted by: venk
They suck.

uhh. no they dont... ever used a set before?

Yes I have.
I bought two sets with wall blocks at a garage sale.
I can vouch for Venk's suck comment, I gave both sets to my mother-in-law.
(I did keep two grill forks, I don't know what's become of them.)

NathanBWF

Golden Member
May 29, 2003
By far the worst job I ever had was the one week I spent working for Vector. That was the lowest point in my life. Those people were like a cult.

Worst. Job. EvAR!

EDIT: I'd also like to add that I would go back to working at McDonalds before I'd ever go back to selling those knives for that crappy company.

NathanBWF

Golden Member
May 29, 2003
Walk in to one of those cult meetings they have all the time, hand your boss your knife set, say "Screw you, I'm out." , then turn and walk out the door as fast as you can while never looking back.

Conky

Lifer
May 9, 2001
Originally posted by: Rock Hydra
Alright.
How do you suggest I get myself out of this?

Just because they market a marginal product doesn't mean your new job sucks.

Pepsei

Lifer
Dec 14, 2001
i thought their knives were pretty sharp.... i tested it on my finger very lightly, saying "this does not feel sharp"... big mistake when blood started to drip.

maybe they don't hold their 'edge' long?

perhaps they're overpriced like bose?

oh yeah, the business model is like a pyramid scheme right?

Rock Hydra

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2004
Thanks. I was so despearate for a job. I'm down to my last less than 100 dollars and I needed a job quickly after applying numerous places and not getting call backs. So, I will continue my jub hunt Tomorrow. Hopefully my mom will loan me some money for some gas for my money and time wasted. :(
I put my deposit on my kife set tomorrow. I will be calling them and telling them I won't be continuing. Thank all of you.
I googled and I was shocked. I can't believe. Once again thank you.
rose.gif

gw186

Golden Member
Sep 7, 2004
Originally posted by: DrPizza
I have a set and love them. We've had them for 15 or 16 years.... perfect condition still.

My mom has a set probably 30 years old. Could use sharping but still in great shape.

imported_hscorpio

Golden Member
Sep 1, 2004
The knives themselves are not the problem. They are decent knives, but definately overpriced. The problem is the direct selling structure of the company and the shady tactics they use to trick young college kids into 'working' for them.

nocash

Sep 25, 2000
I went to one of their "interviews" a few years back basically they was trying to sell everyone the sales kit doubt if they cared if you sold any or not. I ran as soon as I could

Rock Hydra

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2004
Originally posted by: gw186
Originally posted by: DrPizza
I have a set and love them. We've had them for 15 or 16 years.... perfect condition still.

My mom has a set probably 30 years old. Could use sharping but still in great shape.

Yeah, my mom has a 30 year old set. They're great. That's why I wanted a set at a discount.
But, I'm not taking any chances with this whole deal, though.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Our set, was of course, bought at a tremendous discount... :)
I lived (and live about 12 miles away now) in the city where they are made.

That reminds me... I've gotta see about getting a nice cutco hunting knife with a gut hook. A friend said he'd pick one up for me one of these days :)