Curb Your Enthusiasm season 6 is amazing

michaels

Banned
Nov 30, 2005
I finally got caught up on all the episodes, this might be the best season yet. Is CYE going to be on HD-DVD or BR?

Feb 10, 2000
Since it's still an SD show I can't imagine they'd release it on an HD-disc format.

I love the show, and have watched every season, but I think I miss Flight of the Conchords more than I love CYE. This week's episode was my favorite so far, though.

zoiks

Lifer
Jan 13, 2000
All the episodes have the same theme. The old guy does something stupid thinking its clever and then gets called out for it. It got boring for me after a few episodes.

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
I have to watch that show with a hand over my eyes peeking out between my fingers.

BRObedoza

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2004
i didn't think the season started out too well but the last two episdoes have been great.

Long ball Larry.

Feb 10, 2000
Originally posted by: Tizyler
I want it in HD.

I do find it odd that it's a current show and they don't shoot it in HD. I can understand it with, say, the Simpsons, since it would add enormously to the cost and would mean that SD and HD viewers would have a significantly different experience, but I don't really get it when it comes to CYE. It must be Larry David's preference for some reason.

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
this season is awesome... the 'get in that ass, larry' skit was the funniest shit ever.

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
I caught the episode with McEnroe and the book... not sure if that was from the current season or not but it was great... great show and the Mrs. doesn't like it much so it becomes one of those shows you get to watch solo :)

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
i dont really see the benefit of watching lary david act like a moron in HD, its not like HD is gonna show him acting like a bigger idiot or something

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
Originally posted by: meltdown75
I caught the episode with McEnroe and the book... not sure if that was from the current season or not but it was great... great show and the Mrs. doesn't like it much so it becomes one of those shows you get to watch solo :)

WHAT A FREAK!!! :laugh:

jandrews

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2007
yeah man this is a great season haha i love the show i really do, doesnt make me as sad that seinfeld is gone as long as i have this. I love that one episode where he has the water bottle in his pocket and the little girl screams that he has something hard in his pants.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
yeap great season
its like they are just pulling out all the stops now and throwing caution to the wind.
Brilliant (and hilarious) stuff.
The limo driver episode with the freak book had me dying.

Edit: and yeah, I simply dont get the added bonus of CYE in HD at all. OR many other "norla" TV shows. Sports? Yes. Action? Yes. Situational comedy? Meh

Reckoner

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
I liked all of the episodes up until Sunday's. I don't like the idea of Larry and Cheryl breaking up.

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
Originally posted by: PaulNEPats
I liked all of the episodes up until Sunday's. I don't like the idea of Larry and Cheryl breaking up.

they'll be back together next episode if not the next one.. I've noticed they're not tying up the weird cliff hangers in each episode this season: eg Jeff being banned from Larry's house and Larry being banned by Susie, etc.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Originally posted by: PaulNEPats

Ah crap. See I didn't watch Sunday's yet! :p

michaels

Banned
Nov 30, 2005
He is getting a divorce in real life. That's why I think in the season finale last season..............
SPOILER

he made his wife look like all she cared about was the will when he died.

BrokenVisage

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
I only saw part of last weeks CYE because I was watching the ALCS, but this season as a whole is a little disappointing to me. The premises of some episodes seem sick and twisted for the sake of being sick and twisted, I mean.. cum stains? A big chocolate cock cake? Larry having issues trying to crap? Doing "cock sucker" in sign language? They didn't need to take things to the extreme like that in other seasons to be funny. I mean I love how they don't care about being censored and do/say some crazy things, but they were usually in the context of what the episode was about, it didn't center around them per say. I just hope the funny stuff picks up a little more in these last few episodes, as this is most likely the last season of the greatest comedy on cable.

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
Originally posted by: BrokenVisage
I only saw part of last weeks CYE because I was watching the ALCS, but this season as a whole is a little disappointing to me. The premises of some episodes seem sick and twisted for the sake of being sick and twisted, I mean.. cum stains? A big chocolate cock cake? Larry having issues trying to crap? Doing "cock sucker" in sign language? They didn't need to take things to the extreme like that in other seasons to be funny. I mean I love how they don't care about being censored and do/say some crazy things, but they were usually in the context of what the episode was about, it didn't center around them per say. I just hope the funny stuff picks up a little more in these last few episodes, as this is most likely the last season of the greatest comedy on cable.

As if the 'C' word episode, the big vagina episode, beloved **nt, etc weren't sick/twisted? :p

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by: Platypus
this season is awesome... the 'get in that ass, larry' skit was the funniest shit ever.

Dude, I was dying during that bit. Leon is one of my favorite characters, without a doubt.

"You have to climb all up in that ass, Larry. You got to grab the checks, spread them apart, and walk right into that ass."

:laugh:

And this past episode was brilliant as well.

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Excelsior

Dude, I was dying during that bit. Leon is one of my favorite characters, without a doubt.

"You have to climb all up in that ass, Larry. You got to grab the checks, spread them apart, and walk right into that ass."

Spray paint.. "Larry was here," "wash me," all that shit.

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by: Excelsior

Spray paint.. "Larry was here," "wash me," all that shit.

:D

BrokenVisage

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
I just saw the rest of Sunday's episode... OMG HILARIOUS! Best show of the season by far!

"Please call the restaurant!"