Cuboid - Short DC Project

Silverthorne

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2004
Here's a new DC project called Cuboid if anyones interested. I started a team and you may have to input "TeAm Anandtech" when you first install. Don't know much about it but I have us on the stats page.:D

RaySun2Be

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
looks interesting, but as far as I can tell, it's for Windows XP only. :(

still running 2K Pro.

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
Interesting. I've downloaded it and it's running. Looks like something that should be done in Leiden Classical. I don't know how much I'll do with it here.

BlackMountainCow

Diamond Member
May 28, 2003
Yip, exactly the same thing happens here for me on a Core Duo notebook.

I also played with the "affinity" settings, to let it run on one core only, but that didn't work either!

:(

Silverthorne

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2004
Not sure why the client won't run properly for you guys but I do have it running on around 12 comps without any problems. I even have multiple clients running on hyper threaded machines and 4 on my Xeons.

Silverthorne

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2004
Today is the first time that it looks like my clients are not running like what you guys have described but they actually are. If I watch them for awhile they stop but they do run again, it looks like it has something to do with the total energy. When it's really high, like around 500, it appears to stop but then the energy goes down and it runs again.

Would be great if you guys would try it again as we're still in 3rd place but now we're only around 7 million behind AMD Users and they have 11 members to our 3.

Anyone tell me who our 3rd member is, Andrew van Slageren?

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
I think it may have to do with cuboids spinning like tops for awhile, before settling on a side. I've seen that several times during the animation phase.

I had a really good run today. My computer somehow got simulation parameters that only rolled the cuboid in one axis. This made for really fast WUs, and I got half a million rolls done in just a few hours. Unfortunately, the stats haven't updated in 4 hours, so I can't see my results yet.

Stalin PoG

Aug 9, 2006
Works on my computer that has Intel Celeron 2.40GHz Northwood processor (it sucks!). Haven't tried it on my other computers yet, they are all offline at the moment.
I even have multiple clients running on hyper threaded machines and 4 on my Xeons.

Good for you, I only get to run it on my laptop. Cuboid and BOINC are the only two distributed computing apps that I have found, do not flatline my laptop.

Stalin PoG

Aug 9, 2006
Cuboid... cuboid...

While I'm cubing here, how many sim's do you people finish every hour (on average) and what is animation speed relative to real time?

Silverthorne

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2004
I think the animation speed has always been at 0.4 but I could be wrong.
I have no idea how many simultions are done per hour as It seems to change with different perameters.

Dalephi

Golden Member
Nov 30, 2003
I noticed there are two different names for our TeAm: TeAm Anandtech & TeAm AnandTech. Will this show up as two different TeAms?

Silverthorne

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2004
Originally posted by: Dalephi
I noticed there are two different names for our TeAm: TeAm Anandtech & TeAm AnandTech. Will this show up as two different TeAms?

I've seen it appear as 2 different teams on the free dc page. The first name, TeAm Anandtech, was the proper one that I had created the team with. On the cuboid stats page our team only appears as having 2 members but the stats are correct with the 2 different names.

Silverthorne

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2004
We sure could use some more team mates here to catch AMD Users. Remember this only runs till OCT 20. Right now I'm giving her all shes got. LOL

Silverthorne

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2004
Originally posted by: BlackMountainCow
@ Silverhorne: I always thought that "TeAm Anandtech" was the proper name of our team :)

Yes, that was the name I used as stated in the begining of this thread.

Originally posted by BlackMountainCow

I tried Cuboid on my X2, and again, it just hangs!

That's the third PC it won't work with.

Are you sure it's hanging and not just doing what it's supposed to? Right now the work is very slow, the cube will not just sit there and spin.