Crysis Demo

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Beev

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2006
Originally posted by: MmmSkyscraper
Originally posted by: MarcVenice
Did some of the farsought ability's in Far Cry make the game a boring, unbalanced experience? No ? Then why should it be any different in Crysis?

I'm not sure what abilities you're referring to.

Ryland

Platinum Member
Aug 9, 2001
So the clock just started ticking for when I have to upgrade my 7800 by...

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: Fenixgoon
what do you mean? that it'll make the game too easy?

IIRC, some of the footage had you punching a building to bits? I can understand the super strength being used to solve a puzzle or something, but I hope it's something that doesn't unbalance the game. I'll have to see what happens in the demo.

From an article here...

This is not Far Cry. The nanosuit your character wears in this spiritual successor turns you into a full-blown superhero, and it renders you near-unstoppable.

That means they?ve had to make your task exponentially harder to compensate, of course. This time you?re taking on whole armies, fleets of vehicles, aliens the size of volcanoes and stranger things still. The resulting conflict is action of a higher order of magnitude. Every ten seconds something explodes, and a Crysis explosion is a hell of a thing to see.

MmmSkyscraper

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
Originally posted by: bamacre
From an article here...

This is not Far Cry. The nanosuit your character wears in this spiritual successor turns you into a full-blown superhero, and it renders you near-unstoppable.

That means they?ve had to make your task exponentially harder to compensate, of course. This time you?re taking on whole armies, fleets of vehicles, aliens the size of volcanoes and stranger things still. The resulting conflict is action of a higher order of magnitude. Every ten seconds something explodes, and a Crysis explosion is a hell of a thing to see.

I was hoping the bolded part was what they'd do.

pcslookout

Lifer
Mar 18, 2007
Lets hope this game runs ok on a Geforce 8800 GTS 320 at 1680x1050. I doubt it but I hope it at least supports AA and not just AF.

Ryland

Platinum Member
Aug 9, 2001
Originally posted by: lupi
Can pick up an evga 640gts at dell for about 315ar. :)

By the time this comes out the next generation of Nvidia cards should be close to being out which means a lot of the early adopters should be selling off their 8800's...

pcslookout

Lifer
Mar 18, 2007
Originally posted by: Ryland
Originally posted by: lupi
Can pick up an evga 640gts at dell for about 315ar. :)

By the time this comes out the next generation of Nvidia cards should be close to being out which means a lot of the early adopters should be selling off their 8800's...

Not worth selling it when you won't have any video card to use your pc or play games with if your new mid range or high end nvidia card breaks down.

tuteja1986

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2005
I am crushed between Halo 3 or Crysis demo ;(

I have capable oced machine to play Crysis in full glory ;( or i can play Halo 3 that i been waiting to see its ending. Crysis Graphic whore or Halo 3 for story. ;(
I even replayed Halo 1 , Halo and also reread Halo books.
Who will win ;( only time will tell !

Also Crysis will show which of my card is DX10 able :mad:

2900XT 512MB or 8800GTX or 8800GTS :!

Have them all !

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Originally posted by: tuteja1986

I have capable oced machine to play Crysis in full glory ;( or i can play Halo 3 that i been waiting to see its ending. Crysis Graphic whore or Halo 3 for story. ;(

Have them all !

play them all? crysis demo won't be that long - therefore you can download it, and play halo3. i imagine the demo will be quite large, too, so you can get maybe an hour or two of halo in while crysis is DLing.

halo books > games, btw. i enjoyed the books 10x more.

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
OH MY GOD !

And it won't be a pity full demo like Bioshock which lasted 20 minutes, but will be the ENTIRE FIRST LEVEL !?

I can't wait for that !!!

tuteja1986

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2005

Have them all !

play them all? crysis demo won't be that long - therefore you can download it, and play halo3. i imagine the demo will be quite large, too, so you can get maybe an hour or two of halo in while crysis is DLing.

Why do you think i love Halo series ; )
the games are not bad... ;)

Love the book :! much better than HL story that makes no sense and probably wouldn't slove untill we go back to alien planet to so some major wopping in HL 3 which will come out 5 years from now i hope ;(

Modular

Diamond Member
Jul 1, 2005
I am just sitting here, basking in the wonder and warmth of this glorious announcement.

This will give me a reason to upgrade the P4 and 6600gt rig :eek:

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003

Have them all !

Love the book :! much better than HL story that makes no sense and probably wouldn't slove untill we go back to alien planet to so some major wopping in HL 3 which will come out 5 years from now i hope ;(

HL1 was great, although the ending was wtf. HL2 was just plain confusing.

tuteja1986

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2005

Have them all !

HL1 was great, although the ending was wtf. HL2 was just plain confusing.

I loved HL 1 and its my 2nd Fav FPS to date :! but HL2 was great game but story was confusing and trashy. HL2 doesn't even make it my top 5 list.

Beev

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2006
We're talking about Half Life 2, right? How could you not follow the story?

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Sraaz

it's not that the story couldn't be followed. it just didn't make any sense. too much elapsed between HL1 and Hl2 for HL2 to really make sense in the context of HL1, IMO.

crysis seems fine to me. artifact is discovered in the pacific, NK and US battle over it. shit hits the fan.

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
Yeah, HL2 had a thin story. Crysis's story looks decent enough, but it's too early to say whether it will be anything out of the ordinary. Although I can live with a weak story if the gameplay and level design are good, like Far Cry.

Beev

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2006
Originally posted by: ArchAngel777
Originally posted by: Sraaz

No, we are talking about the Crysis Demo. See the thread title.

...:confused:

See the post above mine.

videogames101

Diamond Member
Aug 24, 2005
:thumbsup:

I'm still worried about the super strength/speed abilities of the suit, especially if there's no limitation on using it. Some of the footage demonstrating that has looked ridiculous.

what do you mean? that it'll make the game too easy?

what'll be really interesting is multiplayer DM/TeamDM/"power struggle", where *everyone* has a suit:D

this thread is going to make me have a seizure if the game doesn't come out soon... I WANT IT

pcslookout

Lifer
Mar 18, 2007
Originally posted by: Modular
I am just sitting here, basking in the wonder and warmth of this glorious announcement.

This will give me a reason to upgrade the P4 and 6600gt rig :eek:

What if the storyline and gameplay suck though ?