Crying kids in target

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Zysoclaplem

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2003
Originally posted by: rise
Originally posted by: Zysoclaplem
Originally posted by: rise
Originally posted by: Zysoclaplem
If you are going to try to educate your child on tantrums in public, don't be surprised when the public educates them, and you.

And to all these people threatening to use their massive size and strength to hurt anyone who raises their voice at your child, perhaps you ought to step back and realize that there is always a bigger fish.

I am 5'7" 135lbs, and yes you could whip my ass for yelling at you and your child, but you know what, I know quiet a few large people that will do horrible things for just a little bit of money. And while you decide to hit me a few times, you will be sitting in jail while my friends are vandalizing your car and your home. And when you get out of jail, I have a feeling you are going to be in the hospital very very soon.

So take it in stride and realize that most people won't say anything unless something really needs to be done. And take responsibility and shut your damn kid up. The world does not revolve around you.
wow, a bigger asshole than the op and his friend. nice.

I am definitely an asshole. I will 100% agree with you on that matter.
But I am a very honest asshole.
I express my true opinions instead of hiding behind the general consensus.
but you'll hide behind your big friends who can do terrible things for just a bit of money. lol. joke=you.

Hide? lol
No, I wouldn't hide. I would use my brain.
It can do a lot more damage than my fist.

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
Originally posted by: OdiN

Hell if I would let the kids dictate if we leave a store or not. Any kid of mine will behave in public or they will be too sore to think about misbehaving.

If that kid wanted to cry and scream, at least the parent coulda given him a good reason to be crying and screaming.

:thumbsup: Man, if I ever wailed like that in public I got an ass-blistering so bad I couldn't sit for days.

Of course, I think I tried that once, which is why I always remember being told "Do you want me to take you outside/to the bathroom?" by my mom always made me shut up real quick.

Originally posted by: nweaver
I suppose we could stuff a dirty sock in their mouth and tape it into place

I am intrigued by your ideas and wish to subscribe to your newsletter :D

Originally posted by: RedArmy
Text

I need this on a shirt. And a large magnetic sticker for the back of my pickup.

alyssa

Feb 27, 2007
Originally posted by: Pacfanweb
Alyssa: You'll change your view later in life. Most everyone thinks this way when they are young. Have your own kids and you'll
sing a much different tune.

NO! Why does everyone say that? You don't know me! I don't want my body RUINED by some stupid little parasite that freeloads for eighteen years! I HATE children. I HATE them. I can't stand to babysit kids, I can't stand to listen to them talk or play, and they're dirty messy and selfish.

And before someone starts the "But you were one, too!" argument, STFU. Seriously, that argument makes no sense. Just because I WAS one doesn't mean I want to deal with them in the future.

MrPickins

Diamond Member
May 24, 2003
Originally posted by: alyssa
Alyssa: You'll change your view later in life. Most everyone thinks this way when they are young. Have your own kids and you'll

NO! Why does everyone say that? You don't know me! I don't want my body RUINED by some stupid little parasite that freeloads for eighteen years! I HATE children. I HATE them. I can't stand to babysit kids, I can't stand to listen to them talk or play, and they're dirty messy and selfish.

And before someone starts the "But you were one, too!" argument, STFU. Seriously, that argument makes no sense. Just because I WAS one doesn't mean I want to deal with them in the future.

Just be glad your parents didn't feel the same way.

thehstrybean

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 2004
Very nice. If I ever acted like that in a store, I'd have been out of there so fast people wouldn't have know what would have happened. Parents need to learn to control their kids...

:thumbsup:

nweaver

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2001
Originally posted by: irishScott
and as for the OP:

OWNED! Lol I can imagine the looks on their faces. Mad props to your friend for having the balls to do that.

And for those who threatened violence against anyone who does that to their kid?

My opinion: Anyone who uses physical violence to solve a problem is sub-human. (The only justified use of said violence is in self-defense.) Thus man-code does not apply and I will gladly kick you in the groin repeatably in a resolute attempt to purify the genome of your under-evolved brain. :)

I encourage any other guy to do the same.

And I know this is just specific to me, but I know a good bit of Krav Maga, and am learning more every week. I'm not the biggest guy in the world, but that doesn't mean I can;t take you down :D.

Protecting your kids isn't subhuman, but it IS instinct. I promise you that if someone gets in my kids face and starts yelling, I'm headed into aggressive parent mode. That is part of being a good parent, taking care of your kids. I'll see yoru Krav Maga and raise you this

Just remember, you started the pissing match by yelling at my kid. In my state, I would likely win in this case.

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
Originally posted by: MrPickins

who cares, just let her do what she wants. I thought everyone wanted to die alone in a nursing home with no loved ones around.

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
As far as the kid throwing the tantrum goes, my mom would have just slapped me and that would have been the end of that. I never threw tantrums because i knew the outcome would never be in my favor. *shrug*, i turned out alright

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000

who care's how her/his parents feel? its how alyssa feels.

if she does not want kids great. she shouldnt have kids. i know a couple who is that way. they do not want kids at all. nothing wrong with them. just some people do not want to h ave kids.

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999
Originally posted by: irishScott
and as for the OP:

OWNED! Lol I can imagine the looks on their faces. Mad props to your friend for having the balls to do that.

And for those who threatened violence against anyone who does that to their kid?

My opinion: Anyone who uses physical violence to solve a problem is sub-human. (The only justified use of said violence is in self-defense.) Thus man-code does not apply and I will gladly kick you in the groin repeatably in a resolute attempt to purify the genome of your under-evolved brain. :)

I encourage any other guy to do the same.

And I know this is just specific to me, but I know a good bit of Krav Maga, and am learning more every week. I'm not the biggest guy in the world, but that doesn't mean I can;t take you down :D.
You think that a grown man "has balls" for screaming and cursing in the face of a strange child? You sound like a bigger pussy than that guy..

MrPickins

Diamond Member
May 24, 2003
Originally posted by: waggy

who care's how her/his parents feel? its how alyssa feels.

if she does not want kids great. she shouldnt have kids. i know a couple who is that way. they do not want kids at all. nothing wrong with them. just some people do not want to h ave kids.

I agree with you that it is a strictly personal decision. Not everyone wants kids. But, I still feel that if childrearing is as terrible as she makes it out to be, she should be extremely grateful to her parents.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001

Yeah, I get crap all of the time because I don't want kids. I think that I could be a murderer and they'd think better of me. The people that didn't have kids that I talk to say that they don't regret it at all. Maybe people want kids to fill a void in their lives that they're unable to fill by themselves? Who knows?

What I really love is when people with one or two kids talk bad about people with four or five. Yeah, you're all the same, buddy.