Crook County voting machine changs votes frm repub to democrats. Now Spreading in IL

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
You must have reading comprehension problems or the same knee jerk reaction. We are talking about one touch screen not being calibrated and that being some nefarious plot by the democrats to alter votes. Even the republican, voting for himself who caught it first, didn't protest like some of the whiners posting here. That speaks volumes regarding the agenda and integrity of the person who keeps saying everything BUT "I was wrong". "My bad". "I'll fix that bs title myself" Etc.

go away troll.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Every machine in the country should be overhauled to check for Obamarigging. I expect a task force, committees and a grand jury to weigh in on this as well. If it doesn't, it is a liberal conspiracy designed to cover up the facts.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
you guys are right. When the votes go for democrats its just a mistake, error or oversight. If they went for republicans it would be the end the world. Think of the old people getting confused, thinking of the minorities getting confused, VOTER SUPPRESSION.

You know what, I actually agree with you here. There most likely would be a few retarded extremist liberals completely ignoring reason and logic, just like there's a few retarded extremist conservatives ignoring reason and logic. Congrats?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
now its spreading across the state. Il dems will stop at nothing to win.

Yep! And next thing you know they will be rounding up all the mentally retarded people and putting them in a deep whole! You'd better look out!

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000

Its funny that you support the voter suppression of tens of thousands in Georgia, yet some stupid republicans who can't figure out a touch screen is a worthy cause for you.

Wait, I figured it out, most of the people in Georgia that lost their vote are black. Now I know why you are for it.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Electronic Voting machines were a bad idea period....

http://www.computerworld.com/articl...-j--e-voting-machines-as-easily-hackable.html

Such machines with lax concern about security when they are designed and the statements of a particular CEO of a major voting machine maker

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/e-voting-is-the-fix-in/

A Diebold plot to rig the elections? Where did that idea come from? The rumors began with this letter from Diebold's CEO, Wally Odell, who was moonlighting as a Republican fundraiser. In his invitation to a benefit for Bush last August, he wrote, "I am committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the president."

After a public outcry, Odell announced in May that he was getting out of politics.

"Our CEO Wally O'Dell's position from a political standpoint really does not reflect at all in our equipment or the functionality of our equipment. It has nothing to do with how elections are run," says Radke.

But Rubin says he is not accusing Diebold of rigging elections. "I'm just saying that they could do it and that we shouldn't allow our elections to be under control of vendors when there are ways of designing voting machines such that the vendors don't have the control of them."

Security risks, reliability problems, a potential political bias of the manufacturers and, by the way, no way to conduct a recount in a close election. It's enough to make you thoroughly depressed.

If only everyone was aware of the potential problems since there was talk about using such machines...

*Conspiracy mode enabled...*

Remember Karl Roves blow up?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98frqrKFnQ8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMoq9dqYqiE

*conspiracy mode disabled..*

People should be concerned about the shens possible with E-Voting machines no matter what side of the aisle they sit on. The possibility of the will of the people being thwarted in close elections by voting machines should not be allowed in any district.

TLDR: If you weren't against voting machines in past elections but are now... something is wrong. My voting place doesn't use voting machines... So I'm lucky in that regard.

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
It's Chicago. When are we going to learn that only corruption can come out of that dive. That city's government needs a visit from Marvels Punisher

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
It's Chicago. When are we going to learn that only corruption can come out of that dive. That city's government needs a visit from Marvels Punisher

Can you inlcude St. Clair county on that to-do list then please. ^_^

Pulsar

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2003

Are you really so desperate for validation that you'll outright lie? Amazing. I guess everyone needs some made up boogie man to hate eh?

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
Are you really so desperate for validation that you'll outright lie? Amazing. I guess everyone needs some made up boogie man to hate eh?

how am I lying? The original reports were in crook county,

the follow up reports were from the Moline Public Library. No where near crook county.

SKORPI0

Lifer
Jan 18, 2000
Not voting this year since I'm from Crook county.... :whiste:
For sure I'll be voting in the 2016 Presidential Election.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

I'm sorry you're implying the OP has the ability to form a cogent enough thought to actually tell a lie. He just parrots whatever crap he reads on the intertubes.

Remember its not his fault if it turns out to be false.

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
I'm sorry you're implying the OP has the ability to form a cogent enough thought to actually tell a lie. He just parrots whatever crap he reads on the intertubes.

still trying to figure out what the lie was?

Voting machines are changing votes from R to D. - True

Voting machines are found doing this in more places in the just Crook County. - True

Lies not found.

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000

Voting machines are found doing this in more places in the just Crook County. - True

Lies not found.

I can see why you are republican, you lie constantly and don't understand simple things.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

Lies not found.

Please point out where I said you lied.....

sm625

Diamond Member
May 6, 2011
The fact that we even tolerate these stupid machines is a testament to american stupidity on so many levels. Like its gonna frickin kill us to process paper ballots for a few hours every year. Goddam morons would rather spend 5 times as much time just arguing over how broken and breakable these machines are. Its so unbelievably stupid. This need to replace people with machines in an almost kneejerk manor really needs to stop. It is so far beyond disgustingly stupid to build a machine which is only used for one day out of the year, and spends the other 364 days jsut sitting in a room collecting dust (or being tampered with lol). Does anybody even stop and think about the blatant absurdity of that? Where is the common sense? That's the real problem we have. The general public doesnt have enough common sense to know that these machines are completely inefficient and wasteful from a logistics and material resources perspective. Therefore the general public cannot reach the most logical conclusion about these machines: they are there solely for the purpose of being easily manipulated/hacked. Such a populace cannot possibly expect to have a functioning government.

Last edited:

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
Please point out where I said you lied.....

nm.

read your post

your just saying I parroted a lie.

Still no lie found. You just have to call me stupid to feel better about yourself and the scum you support.

Last edited: